Egypt - Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre
Egypt - Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre
www.greecemedtravel.com 2018 Hotels Tours Programs Crusies Car Rental Gallipoli Tours Yacht Charter Egypt S
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 2 Table Of Contents What Sets Us Apart ___ 3
Egypt General Information ___ 4
Unique Features of our Programs ___ 5
Cairo Map ___ 6
Cairo Recommended Hotels . ___ 7-9
Egypt Excursions . ___ 10-13
Egypt Programs . ___ 14-34
Nile Cruise Vessels ___ 16-17
Taste of Egypt ___ 18
Egyptian Prelude ___ 18
Magnificent Egypt ___ 19
Nile Explorer ___ 20
Egyptian Treasures ___ 21
Egyptian Discovery ___ 22
Ancient Egypt ___ 23
Cleopatra Trail ___ 24
Egypt in Style ___ 25
Jewels of the Nile ___ 26
Glories of Egypt ___ 27
Egyptian Endeavour ___ 28
Nile Voyager ___ 29
Egyptian Odyssey ___ 30
Egyptain Family Adventure ___ 31
Dahabeya Experience ___ 32
From Pharoahs to Prophets ___ 33
Best of Egypt & Israel ___ 34
Booking Conditions ___ 35
I have been travelling to Egypt throughout the last 20 years.
Although in recent years the country has experienced disruptions, fortunately tourists are returning.. Many of our clients have returned with nothing but wonderful things to say of their experiences. Don't just take my word for it, come see it for yourself. Certainly you will want to see the Great Pyramids of Giza, you will want to wonder through amazing Khan El Khalili Bazaar, but if you want more local experiences just let us know. Would you like to visit a coffee shop that has been open since 1752? This is your opportunity to sit and converse with Egyptian locals while enjoying an authentic cup of Egyptian coffee.
In my opinion, our Egyptian guides are among the friendliest and most knowledgeable people that you will come across. Plus they take immense pride and pleasure in showing their country to you. What I particularly love about Egypt is that it is friendly destination that caters extremely well for singles, couples and families with children of all ages. My children have very fond memories of their travels with me in Egypt as it made history that they learn at school come alive for them - as well as for me!
Let Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre arrange your holiday to Egypt, destination on everyone's bucket list. Halina Kubica, Managing Director special airfares Book your trip with us and save on your international airfare*. You may not be aware that many airlines offer to fly you into one city and depart from another which can be a great way of saving money. For example you can fly into Cairo and out of Athens or London. To ensure that you get to our destinations in the fastest and most economical way speak to us about selecting one of our airfare deals. We work with premium airlines such as Qatar, Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Etihad to name just a few and are able to offer you competitive prices for the flights that are most convenient for you.
To be eligible for these special airfares a minimum land content of $500 per person is required. Fares may vary due to currency fluctuations, seasonal surcharges and block out dates may apply. For all terms and conditions please review at the time of booking.
A global network of more than 150 places from one of the world’s fastest-growing airlines DOHA Ankara Copenhagen Vienna Budapest Brussels Athens Mashad Beirut Peshawar Ahmedab Alexandria Stockholm Helsinki Oslo Cape Town Buenos Aires São Paulo Maldives Rome Frankfurt Venice Zagreb Sarajevo Skopje Algiers Moscow Tehran Sulaymaniyah Shiraz Basra Luxor Kozhikode Kochi Casablanca Larnaca Islamabad Madrid Barcelona Nice Hyder Lagos Paris Berlin Warsaw Bucharest Belgrade Goa Amrits London Birmingham Edinburgh Benga Amman Cairo Khartoum Sanaa Tunis Istanbul Sabiha Sofia Entebbe Addis Ababa Djibouti Asmara Baku Tbilisi Mumbai Nag Karachi Lahore Delhi Faisalabad Multan Chen Trivan Colomb Munich Milan Pisa Kigali Kilimanjaro Dar es Salaam Nairobi Baghdad Najaf Erbil Maputo Durban Johannesburg Windhoek New York Boston Montreal Washington, DC Atlanta Houston Los Angeles Chicago Philadelphia Miami Dallas/Fort Worth Amsterdam Seychelles Zanzibar Manchester Geneva Zurich Sialkot INTRA-GULF NETWORK Salalah Riyadh Hofuf Gassim Madinah Dammam Kuwait Jeddah Taif Bahrain Muscat Abu Dhabi Dubai Sharjah Ras Al Khaimah Al Maktoum Intl Apt Abha DOHA Lusaka Marrakech Douala Libreville Yerevan Qatar Airways flies to all these cities and more...
hence fly into one city and depart from another
- GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 3 WHAT SETS US APART "Don't think what's the cheapest way to do it or what's the fastest way to do it... think 'what's the most amazing way to do it.' " – Richard Branson Let Greece & Mediterranean Travel Centre show you the most amazing way to see Egypt. We offer quality that you can afford, service you expect, inclusions you want and memories that last forever. We are passionate about providing our guests with the very best of, regardless of their budget.
- We are an Australian based, owned and operated company. We been operating in Australia for more than 14 years.
- We source our product from the best suppliers, hotels, coach operators, cruise operators etc.
- We are a destination specialist and we know Egypt extremely well.
- Our staff travels regularly and extensively throughout Egypt and the region.
- We have knowledge and product that is unique and not easy to find elsewhere, including online.
- We offer private tours as well as customised itineraries for any budget to suit individual needs.
- We provide great service as we rely on repeat business and want you to recommend us again. LOCAL KNOWLEDGE Unlike websites we are ready to answer any question you may have based on your individual requirements. Would you like someone to tell you when is the best time to go, how long to stay, sites to visit, must do's, how to get there? What option of travel will best suite you: a private tour, Nile cruise, independent stay, or combination of all? We know the destination, flight schedules, hotels location, distances and can answer all the above. We can compare the cruise vessels, hotels and even the room categories based on our personal experiences.
DISCOUNTED & FLEXIBLE PACKAGE DEALS Our customers do not have to communicate and coordinate with multiply companies. Save money and take advantage of our package prices that include combination of services such as hotels, air or train tickets , tours, transfers etc. Unlike many websites we are able to combine services into the time and cost effective itinerary. We can also arrange special interest tours such as archaeological tours, food tours, walking tours etc. We offer our customers flexibility of purchasing individual services, the whole itinerary, and a combination of services. Due to space limitation in this brochure we present only limited selection of packages, we offer additional programs as well as customised itineraries.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER 24 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK Our clients have exclusive access to local assistant in Egypt 24 hours, 7 days a week. This assistance only applies for services booked through Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre. We will not be able to assist if any issues arise effecting services made with other suppliers or hotels directly. CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS WITHOUT SURCHARGE We accept VISA and MasterCard without any surcharge. Take advantage of rewards programs that your card might offer you while paying in an easy and convenient way for your travel.
By using the services of a Travel Agent you are supporting the local economy, saving countless hours surfing the net and most importantly of all, travelling with the peace of mind that you have someone to call should any unforeseen problems arise."
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 4 Introduction Wherever you turn in Egypt, you will be amazed by the history, the culture and the friendliness of the locals. This cradle of civilisation is a living museum which attributes its mysteries to its ancient and current culture. Walk through history, past the Pyramids and numerous temples throughout the country including Abu Simbel, the location of Ramses II, four colossal statues. Population Egypt’s population is estimated to be approx. 79 million in 2010.
Time Zone The time zone of Egypt is two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time, and therefore, is approx.
7 hours behind AEST in summer, and 9 hours behind during winter. Official Language Arabic is the country’s official language, however English is understood in most hotels, restaurants and tourist areas. Visas A Visa is required when travelling to Egypt and can be obtained through the Embassy or Consulate in Australia or upon arrival at Cairo Airport at the cost is approx A$45 for a single entry. Climate Egypt has general two seasons, a mild winter from November to April and hot summer from May to October. During the summer months of July and August, temperatures can reach over 40 degrees especially in the south, but generally stay around 35 degrees.
Average Monthly Temperatures (Degrees celcius): Tipping Salaries are low and as such tipping, or baksheesh, is expected for almost every service provided. Recommended tips start from A$1 for porters, $3-5 for escorts, $5 for drivers and average $10 per day for guide or crew during cruises. Currency The Egyptian Pound is the official currency; however USD and Euro are widely accepted. Most credit cards are accepted and ATMs are available. Food Egyptian cuisine is excellent combining aspects of many different cultures which have inhabited Egypt at one time or another. Some of the national specialties include Foul (beans), stuffed vine leaves, grilled aubergines (eggplant) and kebabs, Fesieekh (salted and dried fish), aish baladi (a pita-like bread), and kofta (a spicy, minced lamb).
Accommodation The main cities all have hotels ranging from basic to deluxe international standard. Please be aware that the level of quality is different to that offered in Western countries. In general, Egyptian accommodation is of a lower standard, therefore to ensure peace of mind and a comfortable stay, please choose a higher category of accommodation to avoid disappointment. Electricity 220 volts, 50hz, as in Aust. A 2 pronged cylindrical plug adapter is required. Getting There By Air: Major gateways include Cairo, Luxor and Alexandria. Qatar, Emirates & Etihad have flights from Australia daily.
Most major airlines have connections via European cities.
By Sea: The main ports are Port Said or Alexandria however currently there are no cruises going there disembarkation is usually not permitted. There are no ferries linking Egypt and Greece or Italy. Getting Around Getting around independently, in particular Cairo, is generally difficult. Road: Cairo is a large city with a huge Population. Local transport, although existing, is not recommended, due to insufficient traveller information and poor standards. Similar situations exist in most other major cities. While there are taxis available, the quality is usually low, the cars are not air-conditioned and the prices need to be negotiated prior to entering the vehicle.
Car rental is not recommended and while you can walk around the city, it can be difficult. Rail: There are several daily services between Alexandria and Cairo & line continues to Luxor and onto Aswan with an overnight train service offering 2 bedded sleeper compartments. This overnight train offer a simple style of accommodation. Trains are delayed often. National Holidays 2018 7 Jan – Coptic Christmas Day 25 Jan – Revolution Day 8 Apr - Coptic Easter Sunday 9 Apr - Sham el-Nassim 25 Apr - Sinai Liberation Day 1 May – Labour Day 15-17 Jun 2018 – End of Ramadan 23 Jul – National/Revolution Day 23-24 Aug 2018 – Eid al Adha 11 Sep - El Hijra (Islamic New Year) 6 Oct - Armed Forces Day 20 Nov - Moulid El Nabi Ramadan: For approx.
30 days during Ramadan Muslim's abstain from eating & drinking during daytime. Tourists travelling during this time are generally not affected except some historical sites close earlier, approx 3pm.
Weekends: As Friday is the holiday for Muslims, some businesses and shops are closed on that day, while others operated by Christians may be closed on Sundays instead. Things To Do Cairo: Visit the Sphinx and the Pyramids at Giza, gaze upon the treasures in the Egyptian Museum and wander through the Khan El Khalili Bazaar. Wonder at some of the many mosques and temples that litter the city and citadel. Luxor: Located on the banks of the Nile approx. 720km south of Cairo, commonly known as the world's greatest outdoor museum, filled with monuments and temples. See Luxor and Karnak Temples, the largest religious site in the world.
Gaze upon Queen Hatshepsut's temple and the Valley of Kings and Queens on the West Bank. Alexandria: This vibrant city is located on the Mediterranean Sea. Set your sights upon the Roman Amphitheatre, Pompey's Pillar, the Catacombs and the new Alexandria Library.
Aswan: The country's sunniest southern city with its High Dam and Philae Temple. Enjoy the Nubian Museum, Botanical and Elephantine Islands. The best place to watch the famous feluccas sailing boats. Oasis: There are several spectacular oases in Egypt worth a visit. Break your trip at Siwa, considered to be the most fascinating oasis on the edge of the Great Sandy Sea. Discover Fayoum, the pyramid of Hawara, also known as the Labyrinth. Other oases include Bahreya, El Dakhla, Farafara & El Kharga. Red Sea: Popular for its spectacular diving locations, this region boasts magnificent beaches and vistas of coastline and deserts.
Most popular cities are Sharm El Sheikh & Hurghada. Red Sea JERUSALEM Dead Sea Alamein Alexandria Siwa Oasis Bahariya Oasis Fayoum Oasis Farafra Oasis El Dakhla Oasis Kharga Oasis Port Said CAIRO Ismailia Suez Nuweiba St Catherine Monastery Sharm el Sheikh Hurghada Safaga Qena Luxor Esna Edfu Kom Ombo Aswan Lake Nasser Abu Simbel Taba Border Eilat Aqaba Wadi Rum Petra Karak Mt Nebo Madaba Masada Average Temps Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Cairo Low 9 10 12 15 18 21 22 22 21 18 14 11 High 18 20 23 28 32 35 34 33 32 30 25 19 Distances in Egypt CAIRO-ALEXANDRIA – 220 km CAIRO-LUXOR – 700 km CAIRO-ASWAN – 900 km CAIRO-SHARM EL SHEIKH –550 km CAIRO-HURGHADA – 480 km ALEXANDRIA-SIWA – 600 km ASWAN-ABU SIMBEL – 280 km
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 5 Private Tours Booking your tour with us gives you the comfort of travelling on your own private tour without the hassles of a group. Transfers are provided in an air-conditioned modern minivans with driver and English speaking escort. All sightseeing tours (except the ones which are part of the cruise) are conducted on a private basis with both a driver and English speaking guide also in the luxurious minivans. Regardless of how many transfers or tours are booked for the same day each party gets their own transport. During Nile cruises, tours are organised by the cruise company and all Israel components of the packages are conducted on a group tour basis unless supplement paid for private tour.
Professional Guides We take extreme pride in working with only the best guides available. All of our guides are qualified English speaking University graduates (Egyptologists) with more than five years' experience. Guaranteed Departures As all our programs are private, all departures are guaranteed even with only one person. Once your tour has been booked and confirmed it will not be cancelled due to lack of numbers. We do not combine clients into groups (except while on Nile cruise where you travel with other passengers) . In case of any Cruise vessel not operating or due to last minute changes beyond our control we will rebook you at the cruise vessel of similar or higher standard at no extra cost.
Frequent & Flexible Departures Most of our itineraries operate daily (although the sequence of the itinerary may vary depending on arrival day). Programmes departing on selected days due to cruise vessels departures may also operate daily if the order of the itinerary is changed or an alternative cruise is used. English Only All of our tours are conducted in English only. Should your party wish to have a guide speaking another language please contact us at time of booking so that we can arrange this as well. Free Water During tours and transfers we will provide a free bottle of water per passenger.
(Water is not included during meals at restaurants or on Nile cruises and shore excursions as they are arranged by cruise companies). Night Arrivals or Departures Our transfer services are available 24 hours a day with no surcharge for night transfers. In the event that you book additional accommodation with us either prior to or after your package which already includes your transfer/s, then these will still be provided to you at no additional cost. Unique Features Of Our Programs Your Personal Concierge in Egypt Our personal concierge service gives you the insider access you need to make your stay in Egypt unforgettable.
Our concierge, is a Cairo local who can recommend those littleknown places that turn a holiday from great to amazing - The Papyrus museum, a camel market, a bakery where you can sample real Egyptian pastries or an artist's studio for a unique souvenir - and provide you with the best up-todate knowledge for events, tours and performances. You can even call on him if you need help overcoming a language barrier! There's no request too big or too small. If your next trip coincides with a special occasion, contact the concierge to organise a celebratory dinner, a night out at the theatre or a unique experience.
Excellence in service is the cornerstone of our business and we've listened to your requests to personalise your holiday in Egypt. We're introducing this dedicated service to all of our clients, regardless of the hotel category you book, giving you access to a five-star benefit usually reserved for a select few.
- GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 6 15 MAY BRIDGE N IL IC H E 6 OCTOBER BRIDGE EL TAHRIR KASR AL NILE BRIDGE AL BEHOUS GA M AL AB D EL -N AS IR CAI RO UN IVE RSI TY RO AD AL GAMAA BRIDGE EL RAWDA AL AHRAM AL DO KKI ST 26 JULY 15 MAY BRIDGE ABD AL AZIZ AAL SAUD NI LE CO RN IC HE 26 JULY RAMESSES ID SALAH SALEM MASR AL KADIMA ST IN I Opera House Cairo Tower Egyptian Museum Hanging Church Museum of the Egyptian Civilisation Papyrus Institute Museum of Modern Art The Citadel 3 Aracan Pyramids Oasis Pyramids Cairo Pyramids Le Meridien Pyramids Ramses Hilton Mercure Le Sphinx Mena House Four Seasons at First Residence Conrad Cairo Marriott 10 7 10 University of Cairo Central Station Statue of Ramesses Baibars Mosque El Azhar Mosque General Information There are 3 terminals at Cairo Airport.
- Terminal 1 – Old Airport: Almost all airlines of the Arab countries use this terminal
- Terminal 2 – New Airport: Air France & Saudi Arabia for now, some others expected
- Terminal 3 – New Airport: All Egypt Air flights (domestic & international) use this terminal in addition to Star Alliance (Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Turkish Air, etc).
- The distance between Cairo Airport & the different major areas are as follows.
- Cairo Airport/Heliopolis area: 5 – 7 km (approx. 20 – 30 minutes drive)
- Cairo Airport/Down Town area:15 – 20 km (approx. 45 – 60 minutes drive)
- Cairo Airport/Pyramids area: 25 – 30 km (approx. 60 – 90 minutes drive) Terminal 2 & 3 are very close to each other and passengers can walk between them (5 minutes walking). Distance between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 + 3 is approx. 1 km and there is a shuttle bus which transports passengers between them . This shuttle bus service is provided for free by Cairo Airport Authority but we recommend our airport assistance transfer service instead to assure clients convenience.
- Taste of Cairo 3 Days Departs: Daily Day 1: Cairo On arrival you will be met and transferred from Cairo airport to your hotel. Overnight Cairo. Day 2: Cairo-Full day tour Morning pick up from your hotel for a private tour of Cairo, which includes visits to the famous Egyptian Museum, the Pyramids at Giza and the magnificent Sphinx. Overnight Cairo. (B) Day 3: Cairo This morning see the great medieval Citadel that houses a number of museums and ancient mosques, the most famous being that of Mohamed Ali. Then visit the bustling Khan El Khalili Bazaar, where you will find everything from woodwork and glassware to leather goods, gold and perfumes. (B) Day 4: Cairo After breakfast transfer to Cairo airport. (B) Inclusions:
- Return airport transfers
- 2 nights accommodation with buffet breakfast
- Full day tour of Cairo
- Entrance fees, service charges and local taxes.
- Cairo Essentials 4 Days Departs: Daily Day 1: Cairo Meet and greet at Cairo airport and transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Cairo. Day 2: Cairo – Full day tour Pick up from your hotel for a full day tour of Cairo. Marvel at the spectacular Pyramids of Giza, and see the mysterious Sphinx that stands guarding the Pyramids. Continue with a tour of the Egyptian Museum, the largest Egyptian antiquities museum in the world, housing pieces from every period of ancient Egypt. (B) Day 3: Cairo - Half Day Tour This morning see the great medieval Citadel that houses a number of museums and ancient mosques, the most famous being that of Mohamed Ali. Then visit the bustling Khan El Khalili Bazaar, where you will find everything from woodwork and glassware to leather goods, gold and perfumes. (B) Day 4: Cairo After breakfast transfer to Cairo Airport. (B) Inclusions:
- Return airport transfers
- 3 nights accommodation with buffet breakfast
- Full day tour of the Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum
- Half day tour of the Citadel and Bazaar
- Entrance fees, service charges and local taxes from A$366 per person twin share from A$498 per person twin share Cairo Explorer 4 Days Departs: Daily Day 1: Cairo Meet and greet at Cairo airport and transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Cairo. Day 2: Cairo-Full day tour After breakfast full day private tour of Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara, the ancient necropolis with the famous step pyramid. (B) Day 3: Cairo - Half Day Tour After breakfast half day private tour of Egyptian Museum, home to an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities. Afternoon free or optional Citadel and Bazaar tour. (B) Day 4: Cairo After breakfast transfer to Cairo Airport. (B) Inclusions:
- Return airport transfers
- 3 nights accommodation with buffet breakfast
- Full day tour of the Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis & Sakkara
- Half day tour of Cairo Museum
- Entrance fees, service charges and local taxes from A$533 per person twin share Cairo
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 7 Le Meridien Pyramids With an amazing location, overlooking one of the Seven Wonders of the World – the Pyramids of Giza, Le Meridien Pyramids hotel boasts a Royal Club lounge, swimming pool with waterfalls and hydro-jets and spa amenities. The resort offers a variety of international restaurants to choose from and live entertainment every evening. All rooms feature individual climate control, refrigerator, high speed internet access, direct dial telephone, in room movies, mini-bar, in room safe and hair dryer. Some rooms offer a pyramid view (supplement applies).
Stay in the Le Meridien Pyramids and enjoy comfort, relaxation and a priceless view. Breakfast: American Buffet Child: 0-12 years – $15 per night sharing room with 2 adults. Maximum 2 children sharing 1 bed.
Cairo Pyramids (Steigenberger) Located at the foot of the Pyramids, designed as a bungalow village and set in tropical gardens, the Mövenpick Pyramids Hotel resembles an Oasis. It is ideal for anyone wanting to unwind with excellent cuisine and exceptional service. The hotel has 240 rooms all with air-conditioning, TV, telephone, hair dryer, mini-bar, radio, and safe. Guests can take advantage of great hotel facilities such as: a bar, mini golf, heated swimming pool, four tennis courts, Jacuzzi, fitness centre, sauna, massage centre, children’s playground and jogging track. Breakfast: American Buffet.
Child: 0-12 years – A$15 per night sharing room with 2 adults. Maximum 2 children sharing 1 bed.
Aracan Pyramids Hotel Oasis Pyramids Hotel Opened in 2009 the Horizon Pyramid Hotel boasts great comfort without the hefty price tag. Featuring 140 rooms, including suites and interconnecting rooms, a main restaurant, Lebanese restaurant, lounge café and swimming pool, the Aracan Pyramids is sure to be a perfect choice for couples and families alike. Each of the rooms include private bathroom with hair dryer, satellite LCD TV, airconditioning, wireless internet, mini fridge and in-room safe. Stay in comfort in this warm and friendly hotel. Breakfast: American Buffet. Child: 0-4 years free of charge.
5-12 years – $25 per night sharing with 2 adults, maximum 1 child per room.
Family friendly hotel located in Giza. Offering 298 comfortably furnished rooms each with air-conditioning, TV with satellite channels, direct dial telephone, safe deposit box and a fridge. Wi fi internet available but payable locally approx. A$17 per day. The hotel also offers a choice of two restaurants, a full service spa and an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a nightclub, a fitness centre, and a bar with lounge. Breakfast: American Buffet. Child: 0-5 years free of charge sharing with 2 adults. 6 -12 years – 50% discount when sharing with 2 adults. Maximum 1 child per room.
1 2 3 4 from A$47 per person per night twin share from A$50 per person per night twin share from A$64 per person per night twin share from A$92 per person per night twin share Samples Of Our Recommended Hotels Contact us for more BRONZE BRONZE
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 8 Four Seasons at First Residence Enjoying impressive views of Cairo's skyline and the Pyramids, located just 100 metres from the Nile River, 2-minute walk from Cairo's historic Zoological and Botanical Gardens. Facilities include Casino, pool and a top-floor spa with sauna, hot tub and fitness centre. All rooms feature stylish colonial décor and panoramic city or Nile views. Each of the 269 rooms are spacious with unique touches such as original artwork and remarkable views making each room special. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, a DVD player.
Inside, you'll be embraced by soothing interiors featuring soft gold, red and green tones and gilded furnishings. Signature Four Seasons marble bathrooms include a deep soaking tub, large granite-topped vanity and separate glass enclosed shower. Breakfast: Buffet. Child: 1-2 years free. Supplement applies for children over 2. Mena House The Mena House Oberoi has a rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. With exceptional views you can gaze the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset.
The hotel combines the magical charm with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Mena House offers a variety of restaurants and recreation options including a large heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness centre and Spa and golf course. All rooms including satellite television, broadband internet access, safe, Direct dial phone, minibar, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Rates on the right are for a Standard Room in the Garden section of the hotel. Breakfast: American Buffet. Child: 0-2 years free.
Ramses Hilton Hotel Mercure Le Sphinx Located in the heart of the city on the banks of the Nile, the Ramses Hilton allows you to relax by the sun-drenched pool or enjoy coffee and pastries at the Garden Court Café. The hotel boasts a Britishstyle pub, an Indian restaurant and shopping Galleria. You can also enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine at the candlelit Citadel Grill or sample the buffet at the Terrace Café. All rooms feature air-conditioning, TV, phone, hair dryer, mini-bar, radio and safe. Breakfast: American Buffet. Child: 0-5 years free. 5-12 years – A$25 per night sharing with 2 adults.
Maximum 2 children sharing 1 bed.
The Le Sphinx hotel combines premium location, less than five minutes from the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza, with superior facilities. Boasting commanding views of the Pyramids, this hotel unites local hospitality with French elegance and provides ample dining with three restaurants and four bars including a rooftop bar displaying magnificent views. The hotel’s 280 Rooms are spacious and comfortable, surrounded by gardens and pool and feature A/C, satellite TV, deposit box, mini-bar, hair dryer and bathroom with bath and shower. Breakfast: American Buffet. Child: 0-5 years free. 5-12 years – A$22 per night sharing with 2 adults.
Maximum 2 children sharing 1 bed. 5 6 7 8 from A$89 per person per night twin share from A$85 per person per night twin share from A$190 per person per night twin share from A$280 per person per night twin share SILVER SILVER FREE WIFI FREE WIFI
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 9 This conveniently located hotel on the beautiful garden island of Zamalek, situated between downtown Cairo and Giza and offers a unique combination, the splendour of a royal palace with the convenience and flair of a modern hotel. Built more than a century ago for Napoleon’s wife, Empress Eugenie of France, she came to Egypt for the opening of the Suez Canal. All rooms are air-conditioned, have mini-bar, telephone, hair dryer, balconies, iron and safe. The hotel has 10 different restaurants, five bars, casino, complete health and fitness centre as well as a gym, jacuzzi, sauna and large outdoor pool.
Breakfast: American Buffet. Child: 0-12 years – A$25 per night sharing room with 2 adults. Maximum 2 children sharing 1 bed.
from A$168 per person per night Located in Cairo's city centre, Conrad Cairo is a 5 star luxury hotel that offers luxurious rooms with a private balcony featuring views of the Nile River. Facilities include an outdoor pool, a casino, and a health club.The rooms of Cairo Conrad feature large windows, comfortable seating area and a working desk. All rooms have a flat-screen TV with movie channels, a DVD player and free WiFi. Room service is available 24/7. The health club offers separate male and female areas with a sauna, steam and massage rooms. Conrad Cairo also offers a 24-hour gym, onsite shops, and a casino.
The Egyptian Museum is just a 5-minute drive away. Cairo International Airport is 25 km away, and the Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx are 30 minutes away by car. Free Wifi is available in all area free of charge. from A$134 per person per night Conrad Hotel 9 Cairo Marriott Hotel 10 FREE WIFI FREE WIFI
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 10 Egypt Excursions We offer a large selection of tours that can be added to almost any itinerary. New itineraries can also be created using tours we recommend. Please note that due to space shortage not all tours are displayed on these pages. Please refer to our website www.greecemedtravel.com.au for the complete list of tours available. We can also customise tours to suite any taste, budget and duration, hence please do not hesitate to ask for the tour that includes your selected sites. Felucca Ride in Cairo 3 Hours Departs: Daily This is a great tour for those with limited time whilst in Egypt, but who wish to enjoy the unique atmosphere of a felucca sailing boat on the Nile.
During summer months pick up from your hotel will be at approximately 7:15pm before journeying to sail on the Nile for about one and a half hours to enjoy the sunset. Whilst sailing, the Tour Leader will describe the main Cairo sights seen along the Nile. During the Egyptian winter, this tour will start at approximately midday to take advantage of the nice warm weather. Tour includes drop off at your hotel.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 92 57 45 Dahshur Half Day Departs: Daily Situated approximately 64 kilometres south of Cairo, the royal necropolis of Dahshur is the site of where the two main Pyramids from the Old Kingdom were constructed. This private tour will take you to the unusual shaped and transitional formed Bent Pyramid, which is unique and considered to be the first proper pyramid, because up until this period the pyramids were stepped, like Djoser’s in Sakkara. The sightseeing continues a kilometre north with a visit to the Red Pyramid, the world’s first true smooth sided pyramid.
It is the third largest pyramid in Egypt and has been named after his ancient red hue. Tour includes transportation to and from the hotel by air conditioned vehicle, guide and entrance fees.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 115 68 49 Suez Canal Full Day Departs: Daily Pick-up from your hotel in Cairo for a two hour drive to Ismailia, the capital city of the Suez Canal Region. Opened in 1869, the Suez Canal is 192 kilometres long and it runs between the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea. Since its opening, it has allowed trading and water transportation between the European and Asian continents, without the need to circumnavigate Africa. During the tour, visit the Ismailia Museum which houses over 4,000 artifacts from Pharaonic through the Greek and Roman eras.
Lunch will be enjoyed in a restaurant overlooking the canal. Private tour includes transportation to and from the hotel in Cairo by air conditioned vehicle, lunch, guide and entrance fees.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 434 241 173 Fayoum Oasis Full Day Departs: Daily Fayoum Oasis is about hour and a half drive south of Cairo, it is where the Greeks and Romans had their wineries and grew the grain for the Empire, it was also an important part of Pharaonic history with ancient temples and cities. Due to the canals in the area, Medinet El-Fayoum has been called the Venice of Egypt. The city’s dominate attractions are the water wheels built by the Greek settlers, the canals and the Obelisk. The Pyramid of Hawara (built by Amenemhet III) also known as the Labyrinth, was the most visited site of the ancient World, Herodotus claimed to have counted three thousand rooms in the pyramids funeral complex.
A day at Fayoum Oasis includes lunch at Auberge restaurant and transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from Cairo. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 481 277 206
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 11 Nile Cruise Dinner Evening Departs: Daily Spend a relaxing evening sailing the Nile on a traditional vessel. Dinner will be served whilst you enjoy the local entertainment and belly dancer. Tour also includes transportation to and from hotel by air conditioned vehicle. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 168 123 111 St Catherine Tour from Cairo 2 Days/1 Night Departs: Daily except Thursdays, Saturdays & day prior to religious holidays Morning pick up from your hotel in Cairo and drive to the Suez Canal to cross via the Ahmed Hamdi Tunnel.
Continue to the Springs of Moses, a group of hot springs which form a fertile Oasis, then proceed to the Pharoah’s Bath a famous spring where the waters are said to have therapeutic properties. Stop at the Feiran Oasis before arriving to your hotel at St Catherine for dinner and overnight. Wake up early and climb Mt Sinai to view the sunrise, descend the mountain and enjoy breakfast at your hotel before visiting the Monastery of St Catherine. Drive back to Cairo for drop off at your hotel. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 1180 709 419 Sound/Light Show -Pyramids Evening Departs: Daily except Sundays In an enchanting atmosphere with sound, light, and music, this show captivates audiences and makes them relive ancient times, the history of the Pyramids and the glory of the Pharaohs.
The Great Pyramid, the most famous structure in the world was built by King Cheops around 2650B.C. Tour includes: Transportation to and from hotel by air conditioned vehicle and entrance fees. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 143 102 92 Coptic Cairo Half Day Departs: Daily This private tour to Coptic (old) Cairo includes visits to the hanging Church - one of the oldest Christian places of worship in Egypt, Beni Ezra Synagogue and Abu Serge Church – a place where the Holy family rested. Pick up and drop of from your hotel. Tour includes: entrance fees and service of English speaking guide.
Supplement applies for visit to Coptic Museum. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 96 53 38 Alexandria Full Day Departs: Daily Situated 225 kilometres from Cairo, the city of Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great in 331 BC. Visit the famous landmarks including Pompey’s Pillar, Roman Amphitheatre, the Catacombs and the Library. Tour includes transportation by air conditioned vehicle from Cairo, service of English speaking guide, entrance fees and lunch. Two Day tours are also available. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 500 305 239 Alexandria & El Alamein 2 or 3 Days Departs: Daily Tour starts at your hotel in Cairo.
Our private minivan with guide will take you to Alexandria the second largest city of Egypt. In Alexandria you will visit the Alexandria Library, Catacombs, Pompey’s Pillar and Amphitheatre. Alexandria Accommodation at Montazah Sheraton or similar. Next day visit El Alamain located approx. 100km from Alexandria and the site of the largest battles of WWII. El Alamein is also known for its unpolluted environment, air, and beaches. Visit the Museum, with collectibles from "the civil war", and Battlefield Cemetery. Return to Cairo and drop off at your hotel. The three days tour also includes visit to Quaitbay Fortress and Montazah Park as well as two nights accommodation.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 2 Days 1 Oct-21 Dec; 5 Jan-29 Mar; 25 Apr-30 Apr 1463 807 594 1 May-30 Sep 1667 903 668 3 Days 1 Oct-21 Dec; 5 Jan-29 Mar; 25 Apr-30 Apr 2144 1262 943 1 May-30 Sep 2500 1412 1079
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 12 Abu Simbel - By Air Half Day Departs Aswan: Daily Depart Aswan on your 45 minutes flight to the legendary site of Abu Simbel. Upon arrival you will be transferred to the breathtaking temples built by Ramses II for a private guided tour. These astonishing ruins were carved out of the mountain between 1290 and 1224 BC, and were shifted to higher ground in the 1960s as the waters of Lake Nasser began to rise. The first Great Temple is distinguished by its four enormous seated statues of the pharaoh, built to signify his power and divine nature.
The smaller temple located 50 metres away was built by Ramses II for his wife Nefertari to be worshipped with other gods. Return airfare to Aswan included.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 632 632 632 Luxor Balloon Ride Morning Departs Luxor: Daily Enjoy a sunrise balloon ride over Luxor’s West Bank. Pick up from your hotel early morning for transfer to the West Bank. Some refreshments (tea, coffee, cake and sweets) will be served before your balloon ride in the skies of Egypt’s biggest open-air museum, Luxor. The length of flight depends on the weather but it usually lasts about 30 to 40 minutes. Enjoy the bird’s-eye view overlooking the whole West Bank dipped into the rays of the rising sun. View the magnificent mortuary temples and the rugged mountains, the fertility of the fields on one side and the bareness of the desert on the other.
An experience never to be forgotten as the scenery passes below. Transfer back to your hotel is included. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 232 232 232 Mt Sinai & St Catherine Overnight Departs Sharm El Sheikh: Daily except Fridays, Sundays & religious holidays. Pick-up from Sharm El Sheikh at approximately 11pm and drive to Mt Sinai where Moses is thought to have received the Ten Commandments. Climb the steps to the mountain top and admire the famous sunrise. After breakfast, visit Saint Catherine’s Monastery and return to your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh at approximately 3pm.Tour includes transportation to and from the hotel by air conditioned vehicle, private English guide throughout, breakfast and entrance fees.
Day tour to St Catherine also available but it does not include the climb to the mountain top.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 405 219 128 Dendera & Abydos Full Day Departs Luxor: Daily Morning pick-up from your hotel in Luxor and drive to Abydos where you will visit the Temple, which was the cult centre of Osiris, god of the dead and was regarded as the holiest place in the Pharaonic era. Continue by road to Dendera, where Hathor supposedly gave birth to Horus’ child. Visit the remains of the ancient town, dominated today by the great Greco-Roman temple of the goddess Hathor. After the tour, road transfer back to your hotel in Luxor. Tour includes transportation to and from the hotel by air conditioned vehicle, private English guide throughout, entrance fees.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 277 175 111 Alexandria Diving Full Day Departs Alexandria: Daily Discover the forgotten city of Alexandria which lies underwater. Divers and nondivers alike can now explore the treasures hidden in the crystal waters of the Mediterranean. This full day experience gives you two dives with an experienced diving master, who escorts you during the visit of the underwater museum and the sunken archaeological monuments, which are located between 15 and five metres under the water’s surface. Divers will be taken to two dive sites in the Montazah area to explore in different parts of the harbour or nearby.
Dive to areas where you’ll experience sunken columns, statues and sphinxes (Greek, Roman and pharahonic) all mixed together. There are also parts of the wall that surrounded the city. This tour is not recommended between January and the end of March, as the waters are not suitable for diving during this period. Transfers and food not included.
Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 179 179 179 Abu Simbel - By Land Full Day Departs Aswan: Daily Pick up from your hotel or cruise vessel for a three hour drive from Aswan to Abu Simbel. Visit the Great Temple of Abu Simbel, distinguished by its main façade with four colossal statues of Ramses II. Drive back to Aswan for drop off at your hotel or airport. Private guide included. Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 375 272 181
- GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 13 Red Sea JERUSALEM Dead Sea Alamein Alexandria Siwa Oasis Bahareya Oasis Fayoum Oasis Farafra Oasis El Dakhla Oasis Kharga Oasis Port Said CAIRO Ismailia Suez Nuweiba St Catherine Monastery Sharm el Sheikh Hurghada Safaga Qena Luxor Esna Edfu Kom Ombo Aswan Lake Nasser Abu Simbel Taba Border Eilat Aqaba Wadi Rum Petra Karak Mt Nebo Madaba AMMAN Masada Tel Aviv Alexandria & Siwa Adventure Grand Oasis Tour Western Desert Safari Grand Oasis Tour 6 Days Departs: Daily Day 1: Cairo-Bahareya Oasis Depart Cairo and head to Bahareya Oasis. Pass by petrified trees and various rock formations. Upon arrival, we tour the city and visit the Temples of Alexander the Great and Ain Maftella. After lunch we visit the Golden Mummies and the Tombs of the Nobles. Overnight at Bahareya Oasis. (L, D) Day 2: Bahareya Oasis-Farafara Oasis After breakfast tour the Black Desert, the dune area, and Crystal Mountain. After lunch visit the White desert, and explore the rock formations that resemble the surface of different planets. Overnight at Farafara Oasis. (B, L, D) Day 3: Farafara Oasis-Dakhla Oasis This morning we visit the palm groves and see a local artist that uses sand for his art. After lunch, we head to Dakhla Oasis passing by the Great Sandy Sea, which is an experience not to be missed. Upon arrival we tour the city. Overnight at Dakhla Oasis. (B, L, D) Day 4: Dakhla Oasis We take a tour of the old covered city of El Qasr, the Oil Press, the Court House and the Wheat Mill. Moving on we visit the Roman Temple of Deir el Hagar. After lunch we head west towards the isolated Old Kingdom Tombs and residence of Ain Asil – the only location in Egypt to have such a huge residential area. After dinner, we tour the Old Village. Overnight at Dakhla Oasis. (B, L, D) Day 5: Dakhla Oasis-El Kharga Oasis Leaving Dakhla behind, we head to the prehistoric site of Teneida, where abundant rock inscriptions are found. Moving on, we arrive at El Kharga Oasis where we visit the 2nd century A.D Christian Cemetery, the Kharga Museum, Hibis Temple and the church of El Bagawat, At night we tour the Old Village and the Spice market. Overnight Kharga Oasis. (B, L, D) Day 6: El Kharga Oasis-Luxor After touring the sites of Kharga, we head to Luxor. (B) Inclusions
- Private tour by air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide throughout the itinerary
- 5 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner)
- Entrance fees to sites visited and permits required Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons Standard Hotels 2378 1448 1373 Premium Hotels 3015 2037 1961 Western Desert Safari 3 Days Departs: Daily Day 1: Cairo-Bahareya Oasis Depart Cairo for a 350 km trip to Bahareya Oasis. Upon reaching the Oasis we tour the city. After lunch, visit the museum, the funerary temple of Baouiti, the tombs of Bonnentoui & Zed Amuoun El Ankh, the temple of Alexander the Great, tombs of the nobles and the English mountain. Later, you may enjoy bathing in a hot water spring. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Bahareya Oasis at Qasr El Bawity Hotel. (L, D) Day 2: Bahareya Oasis Today, we head back in to the desert. We visit the Black Desert and its volcanic remains, the White Desert and its unusual limestone formations, and Crystal Mountain. This unique Oasis is renowned for its Golden Mummies, Roman ghost towns and Pottery workshops. This day of sightseeing will bring the desert to life as no book or video could ever do! At sunset, we explore rock formations that resemble the surface of different planets. Overnight at Qasr El Bawity Hotel. (B, L, D) Day 3: Bahareya Oasis-Cairo Today visit the palm groves of the Bahareya Oasis. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before heading back to Cairo. (B, L) Inclusions
- Transportation by air conditioned vehicle
- Service of private English speaking guide
- 2 nights accommodation in Bahareya Oasis
- Meals as per itinerary (B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner)
- Entrance fees to sights visited Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons 1314 932 883 Alexandria & Siwa Adventure 5 Days Departs: Daily Day 1: Cairo-Alexandria Morning pick up from your hotel to drive to Alexandria via the Desert Road. Arrive at around 11am, and start your sightseeing tour. Visit the Alexandria Library (Closed on Tuesdays replaced by the National Museum), Catacombs & the Pompey’s pillar. Evening free to explore this cosmopolitan city located on the Mediterranean shore. Overnight in Alexandria.
- Day 2: Alexandria-Siwa After breakfast drive to Siwa -the most fascinating Oasis on the edge of the Great Sandy Sea. Check into your hotel. Afternoon visit old town Shali. Dinner and overnight in Siwa. (B, D) Day 3: Siwa Sightseeing of Siwa. Visit the 2 Temples of Amun and the Mountain of the Dead - housing ancient mummies. Before sunset visit the Cleopatra Baths and the Springs of Siwa. Overnight in Siwa. (B, D) Day 4: Siwa-El Alamein-Alexandria Morning depart Siwa and on the way to Alexandria stop at El Alamein the site of the fierce battles of WWII. Visit the Cemetery and Military Museum. Continue the 100km drive to Alexandria for overnight. (B) Day 5: Alexandria-Cairo After breakfast visit Quaitbay Fortress, Roman Amphitheatre & Montazah Park. Afternoon drive back to Cairo. Drop off at your hotel. (B) Inclusions
- Transportation by air conditioned vehicle
- Service of private English speaking guide
- 2 nights accommodation in Alexandria and 2 nights in Siwa
- Meals as per itinerary (B-Breakfast, D-Dinner)
- Entrance fees to sights visited Price Per Person A$ 1 Person 2-3 Persons 4-6 Persons Standard Hotels 4364 2378 1667 Premium Hotels 4477 2440 1742
GREECE AND MEDITERRANEAN TRAVEL CENTRE EGYPT 2018 14 Our programs are basically combinations of services such as accommodation, day tours or multi day tours and in most cases Nile cruises into one private tour itinerary. A comfortable air-conditioned vehicle will be provided, together with a driver and English speaking guide during all tours. In many cases the prices of our private tours are similar to or lower than the price of regular group tours. Participants in our private tours get the advantage of an Egyptian guide with intimate knowledge of their own country who can provide also information about the best places to shop, dine and discover local culture.
Please note that guides who conduct sightseeing and shore excursions during Nile cruises are employed by the cruise companies, therefore those tours are not conducted on a private basis but as a part of a small group formed while on cruise. On the following pages you will find a selection of private tours, but due to space limitations we are unable to provide all possible options in this brochure.
Flexible Programs Most our programs in Egypt are flexible as the duration, standard of accommodation or even places of visit can be changed. Most operate on a daily basis although the sequence of itineraries may vary depending on arrival day as the Nile cruises do not operate daily. Program Categories Our programs allow clients to choose from 4 different categories based on hotel and cruise vessel used. The level of service during transfers and tours remain same for all categories. We have negotiated very competitive prices at the hotels and Nile Cruises which we use in our programs and selected these as they offer superb value for money without compromising on standard.
Their staff offer friendly and helpful service and understand the needs of our Australian clients. Bronze category usually includes basic, clean, equivalent to 3 star hotels and the main deck cabins in the first class cruise ship. In Silver category we usually use 4 star hotels & upper deck cabins on first class cruise boat. The hotels of Gold category are standard 4 and half to 5 star and the 5 star cruise vessels. In Platinum category we use the luxurious 5 star hotels and luxurious cruises.
Nile Cruises To fully discover the ancient wonders of Egypt, a cruise on the River Nile is an essential and truly unforgettable experience. Combine Cairo with a relaxing cruise on the majestic and legendary Nile - the enormous watercourse that is the fertile heart of the land of the Pharaohs, to complete your Egyptian experience. From the moment you step on board you will be looked after by an expert Egyptologist, who will not only escort you around the sights during your cruise, but will also lead the nightly entertainment.
Cruise Vessels The Nile cruises between Luxor and Aswan run on typical vessels of approximately 50 cabins of various standard and duration of 3, 4 and 7 nights.
Four night cruises are the most popular. The longer cruises usually visit the same sites only at a slower pace. Dahabeya (traditional boats) cruises, offer only six cabins and are an alternative option for those wanting a more personal experience. The Cruises on Lake Nasser are 3 or 4 nights only. See page 16-17 for more info about cruise vessels.
Cruise Itineraries The distance between Luxor and Aswan is approximately 250 km for this reason cruising time is very limited and lot of time is spent moored at shore. The classic Nile cruises start in Luxor and finish in Aswan or vice versa, but the sights visited are similar only in different order. This is same with the Lake Nasser cruises, where the cruises operate between Abu Simbel and Aswan (or vice versa). Egypt, Israel and Jordan Programs For travellers who wish to experience two or more neighbouring countries such as Jordan and Israel, we offer a selection of packages that combine various tours of Egypt with tours in Jordan and/or Israel.
We also offer programs that start in Israel or Jordan and finish in Egypt. They can be found in our Israel and Jordan brochures.
TAILOR-MADE ITINERARIES We are very good at many things but we excel at flexibility. If you would like a different itinerary, more or less time in Cairo, extra tours, different cruise or if you would like more expensive, less expensive, shorter or longer package we will arrange it.