INDIAN RECIPES: Busy Bee Oats Upma: Ingredients
INDIAN RECIPES: Busy Bee Oats Upma: Ingredients
INDIAN RECIPES: Busy Bee Oats Upma: Ingredients: 1. Busy Bee Oats- 2 cups 2. Minced ginger- ½ tsp 3. Ghee- 3 tsp 4. Curry leaves—a few 5. Water- 4 and 1/2 cups 6. Urad dal- 1 tbsp 7. Salt- as required 8. Chana dal- 2 tsp 9. Asafetida- a pinch 10. Mustard seeds- 1 tsp 11. Sliced green chilies- 3 (chopped) 12. Dried red chilies- 2 13. Sliced onion- 1 14. Oil- as required Preparation: 1. Roast the Busy Bee oats in a pan without oil for about 3 mins and keep it aside. 2. Heat some oil in the pan and add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, green chillies , dry red chillies and fry for some time till the dal turns golden brown.
3. Now add sliced onions, minced ginger and curry leaves. Sauté the onions till they are tender, add asafetida and salt.
4. Add water and allow it to boil for some time and then add the roasted oats. 5. Keep stirring till all the water is absorbed and oats are thoroughly cooked and serve hot!! Busy Bee Mixed Veg Oats Dosa Recipe: Ingredients: 1. Busy Bee Oats-2 cup 2. Rice flour-1/4 cup 3. Roasted rava-2 tbp 4. Wheat-2tbp 5. Grated onion-1 cup 6. Grated Carrot-1/2cup 7. Garlic-ginger paste-1tsp 8. Pepper & jeera powder- 2tsp 9. Green chillies(required amt) 10. Coriander Leaves and Salt Preparation: 1. Mix above all well and add some water to get a thick consistency... 2. Now proceed like usual dosa preparation..
3. Serve wit chutney.. Busy bee Oats dosa: 1. Busy bee Oats-1 cup 2. Ragi flour- ½ cup 3. Rice flour- ¼ cup 4. Onion- 4nos 5. Green chilli- 2 nos 6. Ginger and galic chopped- ½ teaspoon 7. Mustard, cumin seeds, pepper 8. Curry and coriander leaves 9. Salt 10. Oil Preparation: 1. Make a batter with ragi and rice flour; add salt as required. 2. Roast the Busy bee oats in a pan for 2min and add it to the batter and leave it aside for 15 min 3. Heat the oil and add mustard, cumin seeds, pepper and other ingredients and sauté for 2 min.
4. Add this mixture to the batter and make dosa Busy bee Oats Roti 1.
Wheat flour- 1cup 2. Busy bee Oats roasted and powdered- ½ cup 3. Carrot 4. Cabbage grated-1/4 cup 5. Salt 6. Chilli powder 7. Cumin seeds powdered 8. Coriander leaves Preparation: 1. Mix all the ingredients and make it into dough. 2. Keep it aside for 30 min and make it into rotis 3. Serve it with tomato sauce or raitha and cucumber.
Busy bee Oats Cutlet: 1. Busy bee Oats-1 cup 2. Potato (boiled) – 200gm 3. Beans, carrot, peas (boiled) – 50g each 4. Ginger garlic paste- ½ spoon 5. Coriander leaves 6. Tomato sauce- 1 spoon 7. Soy sauce- ½ teaspoon 8. Masala powder, chill powder, salt as required 9. Oil Preparation: 1. Sprinkle hot water in Busy Bee oats and leave it for 5min 2. Mix tomato sauce, Soya sauce, masala, chilli powder and salt. 3. To this add soaked oats, mashed potato, boiled peas and finely chopped beans, carrot, coriander leaves and make it into dough.
4. Shape this dough into desired shape; coat it with roasted and powdered oats.
5. Either deep fry this cutlet or cook it in a tava. Busy bee Oats boli: 1. Maida flour- 1 cup 2. Turmeric powder a pinch 3. Salt as required 4. For stuffing 5. Busy bee Oats – 200g 6. Jaggery/sugar -100g 7. Coconut grated- ¼ cup 8. Elaichi- pinch 9. Ghee-as required Preparation: 1. Prepare dough and keep it aside for 15-30 min 2. Roast the Busy bee oats on low flame for 3-5 min and powder it. 3. Roast coconut-using ghee.
4. Dissolve sugar/ jaggery and filter it. 5. Boil the filtered solution till you get single thread consistency.
6. Add powdered oats, coconut and elaichi and stir it till it becomes hard. Use ghee if needed. 7. Make dough into chapattis and place a spoon of this stuffing, fold, press and toast it in a tava. Busy bee Oats balls: 1. Busy bee Oats – 100gm 2. Coconut grated- ½ cup 3. Seasame seeds- 2 spoons 4. Jaggery- 75g 5. Cardamom a pinch Preparation: 1. Roast Busy bee oats, coconuts, seasame seeds separately and mix 2. Dissolve jaggery in 5ml of water and keep it flame.
3. once it is completely dissolved filter it, add cardamom powder allow it to boil for 3-5 min 4. Pour this jaggery syrup to the oats mixture and mix it thoroughly 5. Make balls while it is hot and garnish it with grated coconut Busy bee Masala oats: 1. Busy bee Oats- 50g 2. Finely chopped Onion- 1 no 3. Finely chopped Tomato- 1no 4. Diced Boiled potato- 1no 5. Tomato sauce- 1spoon 6. Sweet sauce- 1 spoon 7. Salt, chili powder, turmeric powder,chat masala- as per taste 8. Amchoor powder a pinch.
9. Sev and coriander for garnishing Preparation: 1. Heat oil in a pan, add turmeric and chilli powder , Busy Bee oats and roast for 2 min 2. Mix all ingredients and roasted oats and sprinkle some coriander leaves and sev
Busy bee Oats mushroom pulav: 1. Busy bee Oats – 1 cup 2. Onion-1no 3. Button mushroom- 100g 4. Butter- 1 tbsp 5. Chili sauce- 1 teaspoon 6. Ginger garlic paste- 1 spoon 7. Cinnamon - 1 piece 8. Cloves - 1 no 9. Bay leaf -2 No 10. Mint leaves – ¼ cup 11. Salt- as required Preparation: 1. Cut onion in length wise and mushroom into halves 2.
Heat butter in pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, onion sauté for a while and add chili sauce, mushroom, mint leaves, salt and sauté for 5 min. 3. Add half cup water, once it started to boil add oats and cook it. 4. Once cooked garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with Busy Bee oats kofta.
Busy bee Oats Kofta: 1. Busy bee Oats- 1cup 2. Potato- 100g 3. Green peas- 50g 4. Spinach- 1 cup 5. Green chilies, salt - as per taste 6. Coriander leaves 7. For gravy 8. Onion- 2nos 9. Tomato – 3nos 10. Tomato puree- 3 spoons 11. Ginger garlic paste- ½ spoons 12. Curd - ½ cup 13. Garam masala – 1 teaspoon 14. Turmeric powder, chili powder, salt – as per taste 15. Fresh cream- 2 spoons Preparation:
1. Roast Busy bee oats for 2 min and powder it. 2. Mix powdered oats, boiled potato, boiled peas and other ingredients for kofta and make into dough. 3. Make balls out of this dough and deep fry and keep it aside.
4. Blend onion, tomato. 5. Heat oil in a pan, add blended onion and tomato and sauté it for 2min. 6. Add all other ingredients other than fresh cream and sauté it till it cooks. 7. When gravy is done, remove it from fire and add fresh cream. 8. Place koftas in serving dish and pour this hot gravy and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Busy Bee Oats Pongal: Ingredients: 1. 100 gm Busybee Oats 2. 80 gm Cooked green gram dhal 3. 5 ml Cooking oil 4. 5 gm Cashew 5. 3 gm Chopped fresh ginger 6. ¼ tbsp Cumin seed 7. 2 gm Curry leaves 8. 4 gm Asafoeitide 9. 1 gm Pepper corn 10. 1 gm Salt 11. 1 gm Green chilly 12. 1 gm Trmeric powder 13. 50 ml Water Preparation: 1. Take 100 gm of Busy Bee oats with equal amount of water for 5 mts. Mash the boiled green gram dhal and keep aside. Heat the oil and add mustard seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves, pepper corn, green chillies and asafoetide.
2. Saute for 2 minute. 3. Add the cashew nuts and the chopped ginger.
Stit it until it turns golden brown in colour. 4. Add mashed dhal into the mixture. Add 50 ml of water along with boiled oats. Simmer the pongal for 15 mts. 5. Add salt. Check for seasoning and serve hot Busy bee Oats Soup
Ingredients 1. Busy Bee Oats - 1 cup 2.Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped) 3.Green Chilly - 1 (finely chopped) 4.Garlic - 1 clove (minced) 5.Salt - to taste 6.Pepper powder - a pinch 7.Water- 1 cup 8.Milk - 1 cup 9.Oil - 2 tsp 10.Cilantro - for garnish Method 1. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions, green chilly and garlic till they begin to sweat. 2. Now add the Busy Bee oats and fry along with it for few 2 minutes. 3. Add salt and water and let it come to a boil. 4. Now add the milk and pepper powder to it and bring to a boil. 5. Garnish the rich and creamy oats soup with cilantro and serve hot. Busy Bee Oats Fruit & Nuts: Ingredients: 1.
100 gm – Busy bee Oats 2. 50 ml – Milk 3. 2 tbsp – Sugar 4. 1 No - Ripe banana cut it in round shape 5. 1 No – Apple diced.
6. 10 gm – Almonds 7. 10 gm - Cashews 8. 1 tbsp – Lemon juice 9. Salt to taste Preparation: 1. Put one cup of Busybee oats in a pan with 50 ml milk. 2. Stir gently over a medium heat until it reaches 3. simmering point squeeze 4 drops of lemon juice and a 4. pinch of salt. Lower the heat and continue to stir until 5. the mixture gets solid and keep it separately. 6. To prepare the fruit and nut mixture take 50 g of sugar in 7. a pan and boil it without adding water until it becomes 8. liquid put the almonds, cashews and let it to coat the 9. sugar well with the ingredients then add banana and apple.
10. Take the prepared oats in a plate and pour the fruit and 11. nut mixture on it by arranging the fruits around it. Add 12. sugar if needed garnish it with resins and honey if 13. needed on the top and enjoy.
Busy Bee Oats with Butter Milk: Ingredients: 1. 3tbsp Busybee Oats 2. 200 ml Buttermilk 3. ¼ tbsp Salt Preparation: 1. Put 3 tbsp of Busybee Oats in a pan with 1 cup water. 2. Stir gently over a medium heat until it reaches simmering point. Lower the heat and continue to stir for 4 minutes to avoid lumps. Let it to cool. 3. Add ¾ tbsp of salt and 200 ml of buttermilk in it. 4. Refrigerate and serve chilled. BusyBee Porridge: Ingredients: 1. 1 cup Busybee Oats 2. ¾ tbsp Salt 3. 1 tbsp Sugar 4. ¼ cup Cream Preparation: 1. Put one cup of Busybee Oats in a pan with 4 cups water. Stir gently over a medium heat until it reaches simmering point.
Lower the heat and continue to stir for 4 minutes to avoid lumps.
2. Add ¾ tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of sugar. Before serving stir in ¼ cup of cream give a porridge a final beat and pour into a bowl sprinkle brown sugar and dazzle with more cream if desired.
Busybee Oats Ladoo: Ingredients: 1. 1. 100 gm Busybee Oats 2. ½ cup Ghee 3. 50 gm Kova 4. 50 gm Powdered Sugar 5. 2 No Cardamom powder 6. 1 tbsp Cashwenut cut into half. 7. 1 tbsp Resins Preparation: 1. Heat 1 tsp. ghee in a pan and fry the oats. 2. Grind the fried Busy Bee oats and powdered sugar and cardamom in a mixer to a fine powder. 3. Heat the remaining ghee.
4. Mix the Busy Bee oats powder, cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder and kova. 5. Mix thoroughly and add the heated gee to it. 6. While still warm, make into small lemon-sized balls. 7. Cool and store in an airtight container. Busy Bee Oats Pidi Kozhukattai (Steamed Oats Dumpling): 1. Busy Bee Oats – 2 cups 2. Medium onion – 1 no 3. Mustred seeds – 1 tsp 4. Oil – 3 tbsp 5. Channa dal – 1 tsp 6. Urad dal – 1 tsp 7. Green chillies – 2 nos 8. Red chilli – 1 no 9. Hing – 2 pinch 10. Curry leaves – 1 sprig 11. Water – 2 cups 12. Moong dal – 2 tbsp 13. Grated Ginger – 1 tsp Preparation:
1. Soak the moong dal for 1 hour.Later drain the water. 2. Pre-fry the Busy Bee Oats (just before golden brown) without oil in a pan and keep it aside and let it cool. 3. Make sure the Busy Bee oats doesn’t burn. WESTERN RECIPES: Busy Bee Scot OatCake: Ingredients: 1. 3 cups Busybee Oats 2. 1 tsp Baking soda 3. 1 tsp Salt 4. 2 tbsp Sugar 5. 2 tbsp Cooking oil 6. ½ cup Almond, cashew and walnut chopped. 7. ½ cup Water 8. 2 tbsp Vanilla (optional). Preparation: 1. Mix all ingredients and set for a minute. 2. Begin to knead until it forms a stiff dough. 3. Add enough flour to roll out make ¼ inch thick and cut it in biscuit size.
4. Bake 12 minutes at 350 degree in micro oven Busy Bee Oats Crunchy Brunchy: Ingredients: 1. 275gm Busybee Oats 2. 25 gm Butter 3. 3 60 gm Sugar 4. 30 ml Honey 5. 110gm Resins 6. 50gm Chopped dry fruits Preparation:
1. Melt butter and honey in a sauce pan add remaining ingredients and mix turn mixture in a greasy tray. 2. Preheat oven to 230 degree and bake for 15 mts leave to cool. 3. Crumble and store it airtight container. Busybee Oats Pancake: Ingredients: 1. 6 tbsp Busybee Oats 2. 2 no.s Egg whites / 1 tbsp Butter 3. ¼ cup Low fat cottage cheese 4. ¼ tbsp Vanilla 5. 1 tbsp Peanut butter Preparation: 1. Put the rolled Busy Bee oats into a blender and processo on high for a minute to make flour. 2. Add all the ingredients and stir until mixed. 3. Cook in a dosa tava griddle coated with cooking oil until golden brown flip over and repeat.
Busy Bee Almond Joy Oatmeal: 1. 1 cup dry old fashioned Busy Bee oats 2. Water (as directed) 3. 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut 4. 1 scoop (about 1/4 cup) protein powder 5. Sugar-free Da Vinnici coconut syrup - to taste 6. Sugar-free Da Vinnici chocolate syrup - to taste Preparation: 1. In crock pot cook Busy Bee oats with water for about 1 hour. 2. Stir in Chocolate protein powder, syrups, and shredded coconut. Busy Bee Quick Oatmeal Cookie Oatmeal 1. 1/2 Cup Instant Busy Bee Oatmeal 2. 1 cup milk 3. 1/4 cup raisins 4. 1/8 cup nuts (crushed or uncrushed) 5. 2 tbs sugar or artificial sweetener Preparation: 1.
Combine Busy Bee Oatmeal, Milk, and Raisins. Stir together with a spoon. 2. Microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until oatmeal is cooked. 3. Add nuts and sugar/sweetener
4. Stir. Adjust to taste. Busy Bee Oatmeal Doggie Biscuits 1. 1 and 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour 2. 3/4 cup uncooked Busy Bee oatmeal 3. 1/2 cup cornmeal 4. 1/2 cup meat drippings (bacon or sausage reccomended) 5. 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock 6. 1/4 cup rye kernels 7. 1 large egg - beaten 8. 3 Tablespoons liver powder 9. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 10. 1/2 teaspoon salt Preparation: 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, Busy Bee oatmeal, cornmeal, rye kernels, liver powder, garlic powder and salt. Add meat drippings and blend until mixture resembles wet oatmeal.
2. Blend in the egg and enough of the stock to form a ball.
Knead the dough for two minutes, and place on a cutting board dusted with flour. Roll to about 1/2- inch thick. 3. Cut into rectangle or bone-shaped cookies (if you have a bone-shaped cookie cutter). 4. Place the biscuits on an well-greased baking sheet. Prick each biscuits with a to allow air to vent. 5. Bake biscuits for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Busy Bee Munchy Oat Breakfast Snack: 1. 50g Busy Bee Oats 2. 40g Almonds 3. 80g Sunflower seeds 4. 40g Coconut, shredded 5. 40 ml Honey 6. 100 ml Oil Preparation: 1. In a bowl mix together almonds, Busy Bee oats, sunflower seed and coconut.
2. In another bowl mix the honey together with the oil and then pour onto oat mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Spread onto a greased baking pan and cook on low heat (150°C) for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Busy Bee Oats Crunchies: 1. 250g Butter 2. 15ml Golden Syrup 3. 500 ml Busy Bee Oats 4. 5 ml Bicarbonate of soda 5. 250 ml Coconut, dessicated 6. 250 ml Flour 7. 1 pinch(es) Salt Preparation: 1. Combine butter and syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. 2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and pour in melted butter mixture. Mix well. 3. Press mixture into a greased baking sheet and bake at 180° C for 15 to 20 minutes. 4. Mark into squares while still warm and cut when cooled down.
Busy Bee Oat Crust: 1. 80 g - Busy Bee oats 2. 50 g - brown sugar 3. 80 g - flour 4. 8 tbsp - butter, melted Preparation: 1. Heat oven to 170°C. Butter a 22 cm pie plate; set aside. 2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Press onto bottom and sides of prepared pie plate.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. 4. Fill pie crust with desired filling. Busy Bee Soaking and Drying Oats: 1. 80 g - Busy Bee oats 2. 2 tbsp - lemon juice 3. 500 ml - water 4. butter Preparation: 1. Pour the Busy Bee oats, lemon juice and water in a bowl. Cover and let sit overnight. 2. Lightly butter a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 120°C. 3. Drain the oats in a colander and run water over them. Spread the oats in a
4.Single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake until the oats are dry. 5. Use soaked and dried oats for cereal and dessert bars.
Busy Bee Maple - Nut Oat Squares: 1. 115 g - unsalted butter 2. 60 g - dark brown sugar 3. 100 ml - maple syrup 4. ¼ tsp - maple extract 5. 175 g - old-fashiond rolled oats 6. 200 g - whole almonds, coarsly chopped Preparation: 1. Preheat an oven to 350°F/180°C. 2. Line a 24cm square baking pan with aluminium foil. 3. Butter the foil. 4. Combine the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in a large saucepan over low heat and melt, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple extract, then the Busy Bee oats and almonds. 6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly with the back of a wooden spoon. 7. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. 8. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, about 20 minutes. 9. Using the foil, lift the sheet from the pan and place on a work surface. 10. Peel back the foil sides. Cut into 4-cm squares. 11. Remove the squares from the foil. 12. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. 13. Makes about 2 dozen.
Busy Bee Apple Oat Muffins: 1.
1 apple, peeled, cored, grated 2. 2 medium - eggs, whites only 3. 240 ml – buttermilk 4. 200 g - rolled oats 5. 100 g – flour 6. 60 ml – honey 7. 1.5 tsp - baking powder 8. 1.5 tsp - cinnamon, ground 9. ½ tsp – salt Preparation: 1.Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. 2. Combine buttermilk and oats in a large bowl. Add the egg whites and honey and mix well. 3. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Blend the two mixtures together and fold in the grated apple. 5. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. 6. Remove from oven and leabe to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Busy Bee Chocolate Oat Squares: 1. 500 g - Busy Bee oats 2. 2 tbsp - butter 3. 400 g - brown sugar 4. 2 medium - eggs 5. 4 tsp - vanilla extract, devided 6. 250 g - flour, all-purpose 7. 1 tsp - baking soda 8. 1.5 tsp - salt 9. 115 g - walnuts, chopped coarsley 10. 300 ml - condensed milk, sweetened 11. 350 g - chocolate chips Preparation: 1. In a bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
2.In another bowl combine the Busy Bee oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well ad then stir into creamed mixture. 3. Press two thirds of oat mixture into a greased baking pan. 4. In a saucepan combine chocolate chips, milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir 5. over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. 6. Spread over crust and sprinkle with remaining oat mixture. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares. Busy Bee Oat Porridge with Eggs, Honey and Raisins: 1. 700 ml - water 2. 115 g - powdered milk 3. 120 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 4.
5 tsp - cinnamon 5. 80 g - raisins 6. 1 tsp - vanilla extract 7. 3 medium - eggs 8. 4 tsp - butter 9. 240 ml - milk 10. 3 tbsp - honey Preparation:
1. Bring the water to a boil. 2. Combine the powdered milk, Busy Bee oats and cinnamon and stir into the boiling water. Bring to a boil again and then reduce heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture is the desired thickness. 3. Remove from heat and mix in raisins and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time while the porridge is hot, so that the porridge will cook the eggs completely. 4. To serve, top each serving bowl with a teaspoon of butter, 60 ml milk, and a drizzle of honey. Busy Bee Parkin: 1. 200 g - flour 2. 2 tsp - baking powder 3. 2 tsp - ginger 4. 100 g - sugar 5. 160 g - Busy Bee oats 6.
200 ml - milk 7. 70 g - butter 8. 350 ml - golden syrup Preparation: 1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and ginger. 2. Soak Busy Bee oats in milk for half an hour. 3. Melt butter and add golden syrup. 4. Combine melted butter, golden syrup and soaked oats with the dry ingredients. 5. Preheat oven to 170°C.
6. Pour into a big enough pan (about 22x26 cm) and bake for 45 minutes. Busy Bee Flapjacks: 1. 350 g - butter 2. 86 g - brown sugar 3. 60 ml - golden syrup 4. 230 g - Busy Bee oats 5. 60 g - dried cranberries 6. 60 g - nuts, chopped Preparation: 1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a shallow baking tin. 2. In a small pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar and syrup. Stir. 3. Remove from heat and stir in the Busy Bee oats, cranberries and nuts. Mix well. 4. Put into prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes. 5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into desired shapes.
Busy Bee Honey Nut Snack:
1. 500 g - Busy Bee oats 2. 120 g - pecans, chopped 3. ¼ tsp - salt 4. 1.5 tsp - cinnamon 5. 60 g - butter 6. 60 g - brown sugar 7. 120 ml - honey Preparation: 1. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. 2.In a separate saucepan stir together butter, brown sugar, and honey over low heat, stirring until butter melts and sugar dissolves. 3. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir well to coat. 4.Spread in a single layer on an aluminium foil-lined pan. 5. Bake at 180°C° for 20 minutes, stirring once. 6. Spread immediately on wax paper and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Busy Bee Apple Bars: 1. 150 g - flour 2. 1 tsp - baking powder 3. 1 tsp - salt 4. 200 g - Busy Bee oats 5. 300 g - sugar 6. 230 g - butter, melted 7. 350 ml - apple sauce Preparation: 1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking pan. 2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, Busy Bee oats and butter in a bowl and mix well. 3. Fold in butter and press half of the mixture into bottom of pan; spread apple sauce over the crust dough. 4. Sprinkle with remaining mixture and then bake for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned.
5.Cool at room temperature and cut into bars. Busy Bee Easy No-Bake Cookies: 1.
260 g - sugar 2. 4 tsp - cocoa 3. 120 ml - milk 4. 60 g - butter
5. 2 tbsp - peanut butter 6. 1 tsp - vanilla 7. 300 g - Busy Bee oats 8. 80 g - grated coconut Preparation: 1. In a saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Cook ober low heat and stir all ingredients together. Slowly bring to a boil. When at boiling point, remove from heat and allow to stand for one minute. 2. Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix well. Stir in Busy Bee oats and coconut. 3. Place little scoops of the batter on a cutting board or some foil. Leave to cool a bit and store in an airtight container.
Busy Bee Raspberry and Banana Crumbles: 1. 1 - banan, peeled, chopped 2.
300 g - raspberries 3. 1 tbsp - honey 4. whipping cream, whipped, to serve 5. For the Busy Bee oat topping: 6. 60 g - flour 7. 60 g - butter, unsalted 8. 45 g - shredded coconut 9. 50 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 10. 2 tbsp -brown sugar 11. 1 tsp - cinnamon, ground Preparation: 1. Preheat oven to 180°C. 2. Divide the banana and raspberries among 6 ramekins (125ml). Drizzle with the honey. 3. Busy Bee Oat Topping: 4. Sift the flour into a bowl and add butter. Beat with a mixer until combined. Stir in the coconut, Busy Bee oats, sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle over the fruit. 6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. 7. Serve with cream. Busy Bee Peanut Butter Balls: 1. 2 tbsp - honey 2. 4 tbsp - peanut butter 3. 500 g - granola or any other Busy Bee oat & nut cereal 4. 2 tbsp - milk, or more if needed Preparation: 1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and honey. 2. Using a spatula, stir in the granola or Busy Bee oat cereal. Gradually add
enough milk to just moisten the Busy Bee oats and to make the mix be sticky. 3. Form into balls. Chill at room temperature until ready to serve. Busy Bee Raisin Cheesecake: 1.
4 tbsp - margarine, melted 2. 450 g - cream cheese, softened 3. 60 g - granulated sugar 4. 50 g - flour 5. 2 medium - eggs 6. 70 g - brown sugar 7. 60 g - raisins 8. 2 tbsp - Busy Bee oats Preparation: 1. Combine oats, margarine and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar. 2. Press onto bottom of a spring form pan. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. 3. In a bowl combine cream cheese, granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour and mix well with an electric mixer until well blended. 4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. 5. Blend in sour cream and rum; mix well.
6. Pour over crust. 7. Mix together margarine, remaining flour and brown sugar and mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 8. Stir in raisins. 9. Sprinkle over cream cheese mixture and bake at 180°C for 50 minutes. 10. Cool for about 1 hour before removing rim of pan. Tip: Use Hot Rum Sauce as additional topping. If you are not a fan of raisins, simply omit them and bake cake as instructed above. Busy Bee Raspberry Crisp: 1. 120 g - fresh or frozen raspberries 2. 60 g - granulated sugar 3. 50 g - flour, plus 3 tbsp extra, divided 4. 60 g - Busy Bee oats 5. 60 g - brown sugar 6. 60 g - butter Preparation: 1.
In a bowl gently toss raspberries with sugar and 3 tablespoon flour. 2. Transfer to a greased square baking dish.
3. In a bowl, combine Busy Bee oats, brown sugar, and remaining flour. 4. Mix well and then add butter and stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 5. Sprinkle over berries. 6. Bake at 180°C for about 25-30 minutes.
Busy Bee Mincemeat Oatmeal Squares: 1. 1 jar(s) - mincemeat, see database 2. 120 g - rolled Busy Bee oats, dry 3. 100 g - flour 4. 3 tbsp - butter, unsalted 5. 60 g - sugar 6. 100 g - applesauce, see database 7. ½ tsp - salt 8. ½ tsp - baking soda Preparation: 1. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl, except mincemeat. 2. Press with fingers to form fine texture.
3. Press two thirds of mixture into a pan and spread mincemeat evenly over crust. 4. Sprinkle remaining batter over the top and press gently. 5. Preheat oven to 180°C.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven when top begins to brown. 7. Cool and cut into squares and serve. Busy Bee Isa's Marzipan Muffins: 1. 200 g - white flour 2. 100 g - sugar 3. 1 tsp - baking powder 4. 250 ml - soy cream 5. 1 tbsp - vegetable oil 6. 50 ml - water 7. 125 g - marzipan 8. 4 tbsp - Busy Bee oats Preparation: 1. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and Busy Bee oats in a bowl. 2. Add soy cream with oil and water and stir everything together thoroughly using an electric mixer. 3. The dough should be quite ropy. 4. Cut marzipan into little pieces and fold into the dough.
5. Fill into muffin tins or paper baking cups and bake in prehearted oven on 200°C for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown Busy Bee Scotch Mince: 1. 500 g - minced beef 2. 1 small - onion, chopped 3. 30 g - porridge Busy Bee oats 4. 1 - beef stock cube 5. 450 ml - water
6. Salt and pepper, to taste Preparation: 1. Slightly fry minced beef in a large skillet. 2. Add the onion and Busy Bee oats, stir in the crumbled stock cube and water and bring to a boil. 3. Keep stirring constantly. 4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. 5. Cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour. Busy Bee Pink Lemonade Apple Pie: 1. 80 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 2. 3 tbsp - brown sugar 3. 150 g - butter 4. 170 ml - pink lemonade 5. 400 ml - condensed milk 6. 120 g - walnuts, chopped 7. Apple filling, see database Preparation: 1. Spread Busy Bee oats on baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and toss with brown sugar, nuts and butter in a bowl. 3. Press evenly on bottom of a baking pan. Place in refrigerator and chill. 4. Combine lemonade, milk and apple filling.
5. Pour into chilled oatmeal crust and place in fridge for at least 4 hours to set. Busy Bee Broccoli Flan: 1. 350 g broccoli, cooked, chopped 2. 180 g flour 3. 50 g porridge Busy Bee oats 4. 100 g butter 5. 3 medium eggs 6. 300 ml milk 7. Salt and pepper, to taste Preparation: 1. Preheat oven to 190°C. 2. Combine the flour, Busy Bee oats and 1 pinch of salt in a bowl. 3. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. 4. Add enough cold water to form a firm dough. 5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 23cm flan dish.
6. Bake at for 10-15 minutes, until lightly brown.
7. Arrange cooked and drained broccoli in the flan case.
8. Whisk together the eggs, milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. 9. Pour into the flan case to cover the broccoli. 10. Bake for about 40 minutes, until set. Busy Bee Biscuits: 1. 60 g - butter 2. 1 tbsp - golden syrup 3. 2 tbsp - water, boiling 4. 1 tsp - bicarbonate of soda 5. 50 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 6. 40 g - desiccated coconut 7. 60 g - flour 8. 100 g - sugar Preparation: 1. Melt butter and syrup over low heat. Add boiling water mixed with soda. 2. Pour into Busy Bee oats, coconut, flour and sugar and mix well. 3. Drop Spoonfuls of mixture on to a greased baking tray. 4. Bake in a preheated oven (150ºC) for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Cool on tray for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks. Makes 12, ø 5 cm. 6. Store in airtight containers.
Busy Bee Beer Cheese Biscuits: 1. 200 g - flour 2. 40 g - Busy Bee oats 3. 3 tbsp - sugar 4. 2 tsp - baking powder 5. ¾ tsp - salt 6. ½ tsp - baking soda 7. 60 g - Cheddar cheese, grated 8. 3 tbsp - chives, chopped 9. 240 ml -beer, lager Preparation: 1. Lightly grease a baking sheet. 2. Combine flour, Busy Bee oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl and mix well. 3. Stir in cheese and chives, then add the beer. Stir until a soft dough forms. 4. Preheat oven to 200°C. 5. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
Busy Bee Buttermilk Bread: 1. 350 g - wheat flour 2. 1 tsp - baking powder 3. 1 packet(s) - dry yeast, 7 g 4. ½ tsp - salt 5. 1 tsp - sugar 6. 300 ml - buttermilk 7. 25 g - butter 8. 2 medium - eggs 9. 1 tbsp - Busy Bee oat flakes Preparation: 1. Grease and spread with oat flakes a half round loaf pan (30cm/12"). 2. Mix flour with baking powder and yeast. 3. Warm buttermilk, add sugar and salt. 4. Melt butter in warm buttermilk. Separate 1 egg. Mix the whole egg and yolk. 5. Beat egg white until stiff.
6. Add buttermilk and eggs to the flour and mix well. 7. Fold in egg white. 8. Fill dough in baking dish.
9. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. at a warm place. 10. Preheat oven to 200 °C. 11. Place a bowl with boiling water on the bottom of the oven. 12. Bake for 35 minutes. 13. Turn off the oven. 14. Put the bread out of the baking dish and place it in the oven for another 5 minutes. 15. Let cool on a wire rack. Busy Bee Blueberry Crisp: 1. 450 g - fresh or frozen blueberries 2. 1 tbsp - fresh lemon juice 3. 165 g - light brown sugar 4. 65 g - flour 5. ½ tsp - cinnamon, ground 6. 4 tbsp - unsalted butter, at room temperature 7. 75 g - rolled Busy Bee oats Preparation: 1.Grease a shallow 1.5 litre baking dish with butter or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Spread the blueberries evenly over the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
3. In a bowl and using a fork, mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and rolled oats until well combined. 4. Sprinkle evenly over the blueberries. 5. Bake in an oven at190°C/375° F until the top is golden and the blueberries are bubbling, about 30 minutes. Busy Bee Honey Apple Kugel: 1. 500 g - egg noodles 2. 6 medium - eggs 3. 220 ml - honey 4. 60 g - pecans, chopped 5. 2 - baking apple, peeled. cored, grated 6. 1 tsp - cinnamon 7. 120 ml - orange juice 8.
2 tbsp - brown sugar 9. 80 g - Busy Bee oat bran flakes 10. 2 tbsp - margerine Preparation: 1.Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish with some butter. 2. Cook egg noodles in slightly salted water until tender. Drain and then place noodles in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add the honey, pecans, apples, cinnamon, and orange juice. 4. Pour the mixture over the noodles and toss gently and then transfer the mixture to the baking dish. 5. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and bran flakes and dot the margarine. 6.Bake for 1 hour. Busy Bee Plum Oatmeal Crumble: 1. Fot the topping: 2. 150 g - brown sugar 3. 70 g - flour 4. 6 tbsp - butter 5. 60 g - Busy Bee oats 6. For the Filling: 7. 1.5 kg - plums, pitted, halved 8. 3 tbsp - granulated sugar 9. 1/8 tsp - nutmeg, ground Preparation: 1. Heat oven to 200°C. 2. Grease a baking dish with a bit of butter.
3. Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and stir with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 4. Mix together all ingredients for the filling and stir to mix well. 5. Spoon into baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the topping. 6. Bake 35-40 minutes until fruit is tender and topping is crisp and lightly browned. Busy Bee Breakfast Muesli: 1. 160 g - rolled Busy Bee oats, toasted 2. 600 ml - milk 3. ½ tsp - vanilla 4. juice of 1 lemon 5. 40 g - coconut, shredded 6. fresh fruit, to serve 7. honey, to serve Preparation: 1. Blend the milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. 2. Add oats and coconut, and place in an airtight container.
3. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Serve with honey and diced fresh fruit. Busy Bee Cranberry Cheesecake Bars: 1. 200 g - flour 2. 120 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 3. 150 g - brown sugar, plus 1 extra tablespoon 4. 230 g - butter 5. 230 g - cream cheese 6. 400 ml - condensed milk 7. 60 ml - fresh lemon juice 8. 400 ml - cranberry sauce 9. 2 tbsp - cornstarch Preparation: 1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 22x30 cm baking pan with non-stick foil. 2. Combine flour, Busy Bee oats, sugar and butter. 3. Mix until crumbly. Take our 300 g of mixture and set aside for later use. 4. Press remaining mixture into bottom of the prepared baking pan and bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
5. Beat cream cheese until smooth, then add condensed milk and lemon juice, mixing until completely combined. 6. Pour evenly over warm bottom layer crust.
7. In another bowl combine cranberry sauce with brown sugar and cornstarch. 8. Mix until combined. 9. Drop mixture by spoonsful over the cream cheese layer. 10. Sprinkle top with reserved crumb mixture. 11. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. 12. Cool completely before cutting and refrigerate before serving. Busy Bee Blueberry Waffles: 1. 150 g - blueberries, frozen 2. 125 ml - milk, reduced-fat 3.
100 g - flour, all purpose 4. 50 g - Busy Bee oats, quick-cooking 5. 75 g - flour, whole wheat 6. 1 large - egg(s), beaten 7. 2 tbsp - oil, vegetable 8. 3 tsp - baking powder 9. ¼ tsp – salt Preparation: 1. Before preparing the batter already heat waffle iron and use butter for coating. 2. Take a large bowl and mix together flours, Busy Bee oats, baking powder and salt.
3. In another large bowl mix together milk, vegetable oil and egg. 4. Now stir the contents of both bowls together until large lumps are no longer there. 5. Fold in blueberries. 6. To make waffles use medium heat and bake waffles until golden brown (or until preferred taste) 7. Syrup, butter or powdered sugar all go very well with them. 8. A blueberry syrup also tastes very nice. Busy Bee Oatmeal Cake: 1. 125 g - butter 2. 100 g - brown sugar 3. 4 tbsp - heavy cream 4. 200 g - whole rolled Busy Bee oats 5. 200 g - butter or margarine 6. 150 g - brown sugar 7. 1 envelope(s) - vanilla sugar 8.
1 pinch(es) - cinnamon 9. 150 g - flour 10. 2 tsp - baking powder 11. 80 g - nuts, grated 12. 3 - eggs
Preparation: 1. Bring butter, 100g brown sugar and cream to boil until the sugar has dissolved. 2. Add the rolled Busy Bee oats. 3. Combine the rest of the ingredients to a batter and fill it in a 26cm cake form. 4. Put the oat-caramel on top. 5. Bake at 180°C for about 30 minutes. 6. Can be topped with chocolate if desired. Busy Bee Oaty Fruit Crumble: 1. 75 g - plain flour 2. 75 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 3. 65 g - butter 4. 65 g - molasses sugar 5. 2 - pears, peeled & chopped 6. 2 - apples, peeled & chopped 7. 3 - plums, stoned & chopped 8. 1 - orange, juiced 9. sprinkling of ground allspice Preparation: 1.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. 2. Rub together the Busy Bee oats, flour and butter until it resembles thick breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar. 4. Place the fruit in an ovenproof dish, pour over the orange juice and sprinkle with allspice. 5. Spoon the crumble mixture over the top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden. 6. Serve with natural yoghurt. Busy Bee Cranberry Walnut Cookies: 1. 40 g - dried cranberries, chopped 2. 60 g - shelled walnuts, chopped 3. 125 g - soft butter 4. 150 g - brown sugar 5. 1 - egg 6. 150 g - flour 7. 1 tsp - baking powder 8. ½ tsp - cinnamon 9. ½ tsp - nutmeg 10. grated rind of an orange 11. 80 g - Busy Bee oats
Preparation: 1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and beat for a further minute. 3. Add flour, baking powder, spices and orange rind and mix well. 4. Lastly add cranberries, nuts and oats. 5. Make walnut sized balls and bake at 180°C for 12-15 minutes. 6. You can vary the nuts and fruit: macadamia nuts and dried apricots are a nice variation, so are hazelnuts and dried apple. 7. For a festive touch decorate with icing made with orange juice or melted dark chocolate. Busy Bee Winter Apple and Cranberry Crisp: 1 For the Filling: 2 80 g - sugar 3 tbsp - flour 4 1 tsp - grated lemon peel 5 800 g - apples, unpeeled, cored, sliced 6 100 g - cranberries 7 For the topping: 8 50 g - rolled Busy Bee oats 9 60 g - brown sugar 10 25 g - flour 11 tsp - cinnamon 12 tbsp - butter, melted Preparation: Filling: 1.
Combine sugar, flour and lemon peel; mix well. Add apples and cranberries and stir to mix. Spoon into a big enough baking dish.
Topping : 2. In a small bowl combine Busy Bee oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. 3. Add melted butter; stir to mix. Sprinkle topping over filling. 4. Preheat oven to 180°C. 5. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until top is browned. 6. Serve warm. Busy Bee Che's Cranachan Cream Crowdie: 1 100 g - whole rolled porridge Busy Bee oats or coarse oatmeal 2 250 ml - mascarpone, double (clotted) cream, or vanilla ice cream (slightly) softened 3 1 dash(es) - single malt 4 200 g - raspberries, or pitted cherries or strawberries, halved - fresh or frozen Preparation:
Dry-toast the Busy Bee oatmeal without fat in a non-sticking/coated frying pan until slightly brown. 2. Whip mascarpone or cream into a soft consistency, stir in Busy Bee oatmeal and whisky (alternatively, vanilla essence or liqueur to taste), then mix in raspberries. 3. Serve in whisky tumblers or tall glasses. 4. As an alternative try canned Amarena cherries and/or top with flakes of dark chocolate. Busy Bee Apple Plum Cobbler: 1 For the Filling: 2 600 g - Bramley apples, peeled, cored, sliced 3 600 handful - Cox apples, peeled, cored, sliced 4 12 - plums, pitted, chopped 5 25 g - muscovado sugar 6 1 tsp - ground cinnamon 7 2tbsp - water 8 For the topping: 9 280 g - self-raising flour 10 140 g - butter 11 140 g - sugar 12 70 g - Busy Bee oats Preparation: 1.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 28 x 20 x 5cm baking dish. 2. Filling:Put the apples and plums in the baking dish and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
3. Add the water and toss everything together. 4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the fruit is softened. 5. Remove from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 200°C. 6. Topping:Combine the flour, butter and sugar in a blender and process until smooth. 7. Tip the mixture into a bowl, then stir in the Busy Bee oats. 8. Sprinkle the topping over the apple and plum mixture and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Busy Bee Simple Oat Meal Recipe: 1. Quaker Busy Bee Oats - 2 dessert spoon 2. Milk powder - 2 tbsp 3. Sugar - as reqd 4. Cashew - 5 nos
Raisins - 5 nos 6. Butter - 1 tbsp Preparation: 1. Stir mix Busy Bee Oats, milk powder and sugar and make a paste with it adding a little bit of water. 2. When the mixture has blend in well, pour 2 cups of water into it and boil. 3. After the mixture boils, cook for 8 minutes on low flame. 4. Fry raisins and cashew in butter and garnish on cooked oats. Busy Bee Eggless Sesame Oats Crisp Recipe Ingredients: 1. 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (maida) 2. 2 1/4 tbsps unsalted butter 3. 5 tbsps demerara sugar 4. 1 1/2 tbsps golden syrup 5. 3/4 cup Busy Bee oats 6. 4 tbsps sesame seeds 7. 1 tsp soda bicarbonate (add a tsp hot water and keep aside) 8.
1 tbsp powdered almonds (roast almonds and coarsely pwd) (optional) Preparation: 1 Over low heat, melt butter, demerara sugar and golden syrup until the sugar dissolves.
2 Stir in Busy Bee oats, sesame seeds, pwd almonds and flour. 3 Mix in the soda bicarbonate. The resultant dough will be sticky. 4 2 Pinch some dough (about a small lemon sized ball) and flatten with you finger onto greased cookie sheet. 5 Using your fingers, spread or flatten out to form a thin round. 6 Place crisps at a distance of 2 – 2 1/2 inches apart as they spread out a lot. 7 Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 C for about 17-18 mts till the edges are slightly toasted or turn golden. 8 Once baked, the crisp will be soft. 9 After removing from oven, let it cool for 2-3 mts and then use a thin spatula to remove the crisps carefully onto a wire rack to cool.
10 They will harden on cooling. 11 Repeat with remaining dough. 12 Store in airtight container once completely cool.
Busy Bee Oat Fried Carrots Ingredients 1. 1 lb. carrots\cooked, peeled and cut into 3 inch lengths 2. 1 egg 3. 1 Tbsp. evaporated skim milk 4. 1 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed 5. 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 6. 1 cup quick Busy Bee oats 7. 1 tsp. unsalted butter 8. 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil 9. 1/8 tsp. salt (optional) Instructions 1. Place carrots in a steamer basket over boiling water. 2. Cover saucepan and steam 5minutes. 3. Rinse carrots under cold water.
4. Cut each carrot piece lengthwise into 3 slices. 5. Combine next 4 ingredients in a shallow bowl and whisk vigorously. 6. Place Busy Bee oats in a shallow plate.
7. Melt butter in oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. 3. 8. Dip carrot slices in egg mixture and dredge in oats. 9. Sauté carrots (in batches) 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. 10. Transfer cooked carrots to a platter. 4. 11. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 12. Keep warm until ready to serve. Busy Bee Crispy Beef Strips in Nutty Oat Crumbs Ingredients 1. 2 Tbsps. plus 2 tsps. brown sugar 2. 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsps. Crunchy Busy Bee Oat-Bran cereal 3. 1/3 cup plus 3 Tbsps. unsalted roasted peanuts 4. 1/2 tsp. ground coriander 5. 1/2 tsp. lime rind, grated 6. 9 oz.
rump steak, cut in thin strips 7. 1/4 cup plain flour 8. 1 egg, lightly beaten 9. 2 Tbsps. plus 2 tsps. oil 10. 1/4 cup lime juice Instructions 1. Place first 5 ingredients in a blender or processor and process until fine. 2. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Toss steak in flour, shaking away excess flour. 4. Dip into egg, then cereal mixture.
5. Just before serving, heat oil in a heavy nonstick pan over medium highheat. 6. Deep-fry meat strips until crisp. Serve hot, drizzled with lime juice. Makes about 30. Busy Bee Bread Machine Oat Bread Ingredients 1. 1-1/2 tsps. active dry yeast 2. 2 cups bread flour 3. 1/3 cup rolled Busy Bee oats 4. 1 tsp. salt 5. 2 tsps. dark brown sugar 6. 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. nonfat dry milk 7. 2 tsps. unsalted butter 8. 3/4 cup water, plus 1 tsp. 9. 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. molasses 10.
1 tsp. lemon juice Instructions 1. All ingredients are measured for a small loaf and should be at room temperature. Add ingredients in order specified for your bread machine. 2. Set on standard setting, medium or normal baking cycle. 3. Do not use programmable timer.
Busy Bee Oat-Apricot Bars Ingredients 1. 2/3 cup margarine, sunflower oil type 2. 2/3 cup apple cider concentrate 3. 2-3/4 cups rolled Busy Bee oats 4. 1/8 tsp. sea salt 5. 3 Tbsps. sunflower seeds 6. 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped Instructions 1. Preheat oven to temperature 375°F. In a saucepan, gently melt the margarine with the apple cider concentrate. 2. Add the Busy Bee oats, salt, seeds, and apricots, and stir well to mix. 3. Spoon the mixture into a shallow 7 inch square cake pan. 4. Press down well and smooth the top level. 5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown, then mark into 8 pieces before allowing to cool.
6. When cool, remove from the pan and cut through the marks to serve. Busy Bee Sunflower Seed and Oat Quiche
Ingredients 1. 1/4 cup sunflower seeds 2. 1/2 cup rolled Busy Bee oats 3. 1 cup all purpose flour 4. 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsps. butter, cubed 5. 1 large whole egg yolk 6. 1/3 cup chilled water, to mix 7. 1/3 cup mild soft goat cheese 8. 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots 9. 1/2 cup light cream 10. 2 large eggs, beaten 11. 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped 12. 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds, toasted Instructions 1. Preheat oven to temperature 375°F. In a small pan, toast the sunflower seeds over a gentle heat until browned.
2. Place these, the Busy Bee oats, flour, and butter into a food processor and blend together.
3. Add the egg yolk and enough cold water to form a soft dough. 4. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes. 5. Roll the dough out to a 1/8 inch thickness and carefully lift into an 8 inch quiche pan with the rolling pin. 6. Repair any gaps by pressing a little of the trimmings into the spaces. 7. Crumble the goat cheese into the bottom of the pastry shell. 8. Blend the apricots, cream, eggs, and thyme together and pour over the cheese. 9. Bake for 25-30 minutes. 10. Top with slivers of almonds after baking Busy Bee Oat Goodness Smoothie Ingredients 1. 1 cup milk 2. 1 packet instant Busy Bee oatmeal 3.
1 frozen banana 4. 1/2 cup apple juice Instructions 1. Combine all ingredients in a blender. 2. Cover and blend on high speed for 1 min. Busy Bee Toasted Oats Cereal Bars Ingredients 1. 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter 3. 1/2 cup sugar 4. 1/2 cup honey 5. 3 cups toasted Busy Bee oats cereal
6. 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, no shells 7. 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips Instructions 1. Combine sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium high heat. 2. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. 3. Stir in peanut butter until thoroughly blended. 4. Pour in remaining ingredients and mix until well coated. 5. Spread mixture in a buttered 9x13 inch pan and let cool completely before cutting into squares. Busy Bee Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies Ingredients 1. 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 2. 1-1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed 3. 1/2 cup granulated sugar 4. 2 eggs 5. 2 Tbsps. milk 6. 2 tsps. vanilla extract 7.
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour 8. 1 tsp. baking soda 9. 1/2 tsp. salt (necessary) 10. 2-1/2 cups quick or old fashioned Busy Bee oatmeal, uncooked 11. 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 12. 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) Instructions 1. Preheat oven to temperature 375°F. Beat butter and sugars in a bowl until creamy.
2. Add next 3 ingredients and beat well. 3. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. 4. Stir in Busy Bee oatmeal, chocolate chips and nuts and mix well. 5. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 6. Bake 9-10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12-13 minutes for a crisp cookie. 7. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove to a wire rack. 8. Cool completely.