MONMOUTHSHIRE SHOW SOCIETY LIMITED
MONMOUTHSHIRE SHOW SOCIETY LIMITED DOG SECTION President: Mr. C. Lloyd Auditors: Green & Co. SCHEDULE OF UNBENCHED 182 CLASS OPEN DOG SHOW (Held under Kennel Club Limited Rules & Show Regulatonss To Be Judged On The Group System at THE SHOWGROUND, REDBROOK ROAD, WYESHAM, MONMOUTH NP25 4LG on SATURDAY 7th JULY 2018 A dog docked on or afer the 28th March 2007 may not be entered for exhibiton at this show All Judges at this show agree to abide by the following statement: “In assessing dogs, judges must penalise any features or exaggeratons which they consider would be detrimental to the soundness, health and well being of the dog”.
Grounds Open 8.30 a.m. Judging 10.00 a.m. OWING TO HEAVY TRAFFIC EXHIBITORS ARE ADVISED TO ATTEND EARLY GUARANTORS TO THE KENNEL CLUB Mr. P. Glithero, Sunnyside Cotage, Suton Lakes, Suton St Nicholas, Hereford (Chairman - Dog Sectons Mrs. L.E. Martn, Pear Tree Cotage, Elms Lane, Raglan Monmouthshire NP15 2HH Tel: 07379 896490 (Secretary - Dog Sectons Mr. A.J. James, Fir Trees, The Narth, Monmouth (Treasurers Veterinary Surgeons available on showground. Tel: 07974 763527 ENTRY FEES: First entry £6.00 per dog, second and subsequent entries £1.25 with the same dog NO ENTRIES WILL BE RECEIVED WITHOUT CORRECT FEES No refunds will be made to exhibitors arriving without passes Car Park £1.00 - please note these fees paid with entries will enable exhibitors to enter car park reserved for dog secton.
WET WEATHER TENTS PROVIDED ENTRIES TO BE SENT TO - Mrs.L.E. Martn Pear Tree Cotage, Elms Lane, Raglan, Monmouthshire NP15 2HH Tel: 07379 896490 S.A.E. for passes please ENTRIES CLOSE 29th MAY 2018 (Postmarks online entries accepted up to midnight 5th June 2018 at www.arenaprint.co.uk
Judges Terrier Classes & Group, Varietes & BIS . Mr Keith Jones (Darlaurs Utlity Classes & Group . . Pauline Lock (Paulins Working classes (Except Dobermannss & Group . Clive Evans (Amazons Toy Classes & Group ... Mrs. Sheila Byers (Simannies Gundog classes & Group . Mr. Keith Groom (Grunjagens Hound classes & Group .
Mr. Stephen R. Goodwin (Lanolas Part Pastoral Classes & Group . Mrs. Celia Vines (Parvodenes Border Collies, Smooth Collies, G.S.D.’s & Dobermanns Mrs. Val Dyer (Javarms Honorary Veterinary Ofcers as per the main Agricultural show Exhibitors passes to each exhibitor as follows – Please note: Not for Competton dogs will not count in respect of receiving extra passes.
1 & 2 dogs entered will receive 1 pass 3 -4 dogs entered will receive 2 passes 5 or more dogs entered will receive 3 passes Show Tickets Adults £14 (pre-show £10s OAP £12 (pre-show £8s Student £8 (pre-show £6s Child £6 (pre-show £4s Family (2 adults & 3 childrens £35 (pre-show £30s Catalogues prepaid £3.00 with entry (must be collected by 12 noons a limited number will be available on the day at £3.50 PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CHAIRS STEWARDS REQUIRED If you are interested at stewarding at this show please contact Lynne Martn 07379 896490 email: email@example.com
CLASSIFICATION Classes are for dog or bitch unless otherwise stated RING 1.
10.00 a.m. UTILITY GROUP Judge: Pauline Lock (Paulins Bulldog 1. Open Chow Chow 2. Open Dalmatan 3. Open French Bulldog 4. Open German Spitz (Kleins 5. Open German Spitz (Mitels 6. Open Japanese Spitz 7. Open Lhasa Apso 8. Graduate 9. Open Poodle (Miniatures 10. Open Miniature Schnauzer 11. Graduate 12. Open Shar Pei 13. Open Shih Tzu 14. Open Tibetan Spaniel 15. Graduate 16. Open Tibetan Terrier 17. Open A.V. Not Sep. Classifed Utlity 18. Puppy 19. Open A.V. Utlity 20. Open 21. Veteran ** A.V. Imported Breed Register 22. Open Utlity Group & Utlity Puppy Group will now be judged by Pauline Lock ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows Ring 2.
10.00 a.m. TOY GROUP Judge: Mrs Sheila Byers (Simannies Cavalier King Charles Spaniel 23. Puppy 24. Junior 25. Graduate 26. Open Dog 27. Open Bitch Chihuahua (Longcoats 28. Junior 29. Graduate 30. Open Chihuahua (Smoothcoats 31. Junior 32. Graduate 33. Open Chinese Crested 34. Graduate 35. Open Japanese Chin 36. Open Papillon 37. Open Pomeranian 38. Open Pug 39. Junior 40. Graduate 41. Open Yorkshire Terrier 42. Open A.V. Not Separately Classifed Toy 43. Puppy 44. Open A.V. Toy 45. Open 46. Veteran ** A.V. Imported Breed Register 47. Open Toy Group & Toy Puppy Group will now be judged by Mrs.
Sheila Byers ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows Ring 3. 10.00 a.m. WORKING GROUP Judge: Clive Evans (Amazons Alaskan Malamute 48. Open Boxer 49. Junior 50. Graduate 51. Open Bullmasti 52. Graduate 53. Open Dobermanns (see ring 4s Giant Schnauzer 54. Graduate 55. Open Great Dane 56. Junior 57. Open Rotweiler 58. Junior 59. Graduate 60. Open Siberian Husky 61. Graduate 62. Open A.V. Not Sep. Classifed Working 63. Puppy 64. Open A.V. Working 65. Open 66. Veteran ** A.V. Imported Breed Register 67. Open Working Group & Working Puppy Group will now be judged by Clive Evans ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows
Ring 4. 10.00 a.m. Dobermanns & PASTORAL GROUP Judge: Mrs. Val Dyer (Javarms Dobermann 68. Open Border Collie 69. Junior 70. Graduate 71. Open Smooth Collie 72. Open German Shepherd Dog 73. Graduate 74. Open Judge: Mrs. Celia Vines (Parvodenes Bearded Collie 75. Open Old English Sheepdog 76. Open Rough Collie 77. Open Shetland Sheepdog 78. Puppy 79. Junior 80. Post Grad 81. Open Welsh Corgi (Cardigans 82. Junior 83. Graduate 84. Open Welsh Corgi (Pembrokes 85. Junior 86. Graduate 87. Open A.V. Not Sep. Classifed Pastoral 88. Puppy 89. Open A.V. Pastoral 90. Open 91. Veteran ** A.V. Imported Breed Register 92.
Open Pastoral Group & Pastoral Puppy Group will now be judged by Mrs. Celia Vines ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows Ring 5. 10.00 a.m. HOUND GROUP Judge: Mr. Stephen R. Goodwin (Lanolas (N.B. Miniature Dachshunds will not be weigheds Basenji 93. Open Beagle 94. Junior 95. Graduate 96. Open Borzoi 97. Graduate 98. Open Dachshund (Min. Long Haireds 99. Open Dachshund (Min. Smooth Haireds 100. Junior 101. Graduate 102. Open Dachshund (Min. Wire Haireds 103. Graduate 104. Open Dachshund (Std. Smooth Haireds 105. Open Dachshund (Std.
Wire Haireds 106. Open Saluki 107. Open Whippet 108. Puppy 109. Junior 110. Graduate 111. Open Dog 112. Open Bitch A.V. Not Sep Classifed Hound 113. Puppy 114. Open A.V. Hound 115. Open 116. Veteran ** A.V. Imported Breed Register 117. Open Hound Group & Hound Puppy Group will now be judged by Mr. S.R. Goodwin ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows Ring 6. 10.00 a.m GUNDOG GROUP Judge: Keith Groom (Grunjagens German Shorthaired Pointer 118. Junior 119. Open Hungarian Vizsla 120. Graduate 121. Open Pointer 122. Junior 123. Graduate 124.
Open Retriever (Flat Coats 125. Graduate 126. Open Retriever (Goldens 127. Puppy 128. Junior 129. Graduate 130. Open Dog 131. Open Bitch Retriever (Labradors 132. Puppy 133. Junior 134. Graduate 135. Open English Seter 136. Open Irish Seter 137. Puppy 138. Junior 139. Graduate 140. Open Dog 141. Open Bitch Spaniel (Cockers 142. Puppy 143. Junior 144. Open Spaniel (Fields 145. Open Spaniel (Welsh Springers 146. Open A.V. Not Sep. Classifed Gundog 147. Puppy 148. Open A.V. Gundog 149. Junior 150. Graduate 151. Limit 152. Open 153. Veteran ** A.V. Imported Breed Register 154. Open Gundog Group & Gundog Puppy Group will now be judged by Mr.
K. Groom ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows
Ring 7. 10.00 a.m. TERRIER GROUP Judge: Mr. Keith Jones (Darlaurs Airedale Terrier 155. Open Border Terrier 156. Junior 157. Graduate 158. Open Cesky Terrier 159. Open Dandie Dinmont Terrier 160. Open Fox Terrier (Smooths 161. Graduate 162. Open Fox Terrier (Wires 163. Open Manchester Terrier 164. Open Miniature Bull Terrier 165. Open Parson Russell Terrier 166. Open Staiordshire Bull Terrier 167. Open Welsh Terrier 168. Open West Highland White Terrier 169. Open A.V Not Sep Classifed Terrier 170. Puppy 171. Open A.V. Terrier 172. Open 173. Veteran ** Terrier Group & Terrier Puppy Group will now be judged by Mr.
Keith Jones ** (only the winners of the AV Veteran class in each group will be eligible for Best Veteran in shows VARIETIES Ring 1 Not before 1.30 p.m. Judge: Mr. Keith Jones 174. A.V. Minor Puppy Dog 179. A.V. Special Crufs Qualifed Open 175. A.V. Minor Puppy Bitch 180. A.V. Not Bred By Exhibitor 176. A.V. Puppy Dog 181. A.V. Open Dog Or Bitch 177. A.V. Puppy Bitch 182. A.V. Brace 178. A.V. Monnow Puppy Stakes Best in Show will be judged by Mr. Keith Jones DEFINITIONS OF CLASSES In the following defnitons, a Challenge Certfcate includes any Show award that counts towards the ttle of Champion under the Rules of any governing body recognised by the Kennel Club.
Wins at Championship Shows in breed classes where Challenge Certfcates are not on oier shall be counted as wins at Open Shows. In the case of a dog owned in partnership and entered in Members' classes or competng for Members' Specials each partner must at the tme of entry be a member of the Society. In estmatng the number of awards won, all wins up to and including the seventh day before the date of closing of postal entries shall be counted when entering for any class i.e. 22nd May 2018. Wins in Variety classes do not count for entry in Breed classes but when entering in Variety classes, wins in both Breed and Variety classes must be counted.
A frst prize does not include a Special Prize of whatever value. If an exhibitor reports before the judging of a class or classes that a dog has been entered which is ineligible, the exhibitor may choose one of the following optons:- (1s Withdrawal The dog may be withdrawn from competton subject to the conditons of Regulaton 20. (2s Transfer a. If a dog is ineligible for a class or classes as regards its breed, colour, sex, weight or height the Show Secretary shall transfer it to the equivalent class or classes for the correct breed, colour, sex, weight or height or, in the event of there being no equivalent class, Minor Puppy and Puppy excepted, to the Open class for the correct breed, colour, sex, weight or height.
bs For an exhibit entered incorrectly in a Minor Puppy class, Puppy class or Junior Class, which is over age but under twelve calendar months of age, eighteen calendar months of age or twenty-four calendar months of age respectvely, the Show Secretary shall transfer the exhibit to the Puppy Class, Junior Class or Yearling Class respectvely for the correct breed, colour, sex, weight or height and in the event of there being no Puppy, Junior or Yearling Class to the Open class for the correct breed, colour, sex, weight or height. cs For any reason other than the above, the Show Secretary shall transfer it to the Open class for the correct breed, colour, sex, weight or height.
ds If an exhibit arrives late and misses a class, even if it is the only class in which the dog is entered, the dog may not be transferred to any other class.
MINOR PUPPY for dogs of six and not exceeding nine calendar months of age on the frst day of the show. PUPPY for dogs of six and not exceeding twelve calendar months on the frst day of the show. JUNIOR for dogs of six and not exceeding eighteen calendar months of age on the frst day of the
show. GRADUATE For dogs which have not won a Challenge Certfcate or four or more First prizes at Championship Shows in Graduate, Post Graduate, Minor Limit, Mid Limit, Limit and Open Classes whether restricted or not where Challenge Certfcates were oiered for the breed.
POST GRADUATE For dogs which have not won a Challenge Certfcate or fve or more First Prizes at Championship Shows in Post Graduate, Minor Limit, Mid Limit, Limit and Open classes, whether restricted or not where Challenge Certfcates were oiered for the breed. LIMIT For dogs which have not become show Champions under the Kennel Club Regulatons or under the rules of any governing body recognised by the Kennel Club, or won 3 or more CACIB/CAC/Green Stars or won 7 or more First Prizes in all at Championship Shows in Limit or Open Classes confned to the Breed, whether restricted or not at Shows where Challenge Certfcates were oiered for the breed.
OPEN For all dogs of the breeds for which the class is provided and eligible for entry at the show. AV NOT SEPARATELY CLASSIFIED for breeds of dog for which NO separate breed classes are scheduled.
IMPORTED BREED REGISTER For breeds confned to the Imported Breeds Register and only when an Interim Breed Standard has been published by the Kennel Club. Such breeds may be exhibited in this class only, with the winning dog being eligible for Best in Group / Best Puppy in Group or Best in Show / Best Puppy in Show as relevant VETERAN For dogs of not less than seven years of age on the frst day of the show. BRACE for two dogs (either six or mixeds of one breed belonging to the same exhibitor, each exhibit having been entered in some class other than Brace.
SPECIAL CRUFTS QUALIFIED For dogs which have qualifed for Crufs 2019.
RULES & REGULATIONS 1. The Show will open at 8.30 a.m. 2. Dogs will be received at any tme but it is the exhibitors responsibility to ensure that exhibits are available for judging when required. 3. Judging will commence at 10.00 a.m. 4. Exhibits may be removed from the Show afer their judging has been completed. The Show will close half an hour afer all judging has been completed. 5. Entry Fees: First Entry £6.00 per dog, subsequent entries £1.25 per class with the same dog. Not for Competton dogs £2.00 per dog. Catalogues £3.00 with entries (£3.50 on the day – limited numbers Car Park £1 6.
There is no prize money on oier at this show. 7. The Commitee reserves to itself the right to refuse entries. 8. Puppies under six calendar months of age on the frst day of the show are not eligible for exhibiton 9. The matng of bitches within the precincts of the show is forbidden.
10. Best Puppy in Show Where a Best Puppy in Show competton is scheduled the Best Puppy in Show is a puppy which has competed and has been declared Best Puppy in Breed, Best Any Variety Not Separately Classifed Puppy or Best Any Variety Imported Breed Register Puppy. A puppy is a dog of six and not exceeding twelve calendar months of age on the frst day of the Show. Where the Best of Breed, Best in Group or Best in Show is a puppy it should automatcally be awarded Best Puppy in Breed, Best Puppy in Group and Best Puppy in Show respectvely. Where the Reserve Best of Breed, Reserve Best of Group or Reserve Best in Show is a puppy which has only been beaten by an adult dog it should also automatcally be Best Puppy in Breed, Best Puppy in Group and Best Puppy in Show respectvely.
Consequently, selecton of Best Puppy in Breed, Best Puppy in Group and Best Puppy in Show must follow the selecton of Best of Breed, Best in Group and Best in Show respectvely.
Best Puppy in Group and subsequent Group placings must be selected from: as Those puppies declared Best Puppy in Breed. bs The puppy declared Best Puppy from the Any Variety Not Separately Classifed classes in each group or on each day. cs The puppy declared Best Puppy from the Any Variety Imported Breed Register classes in each group or on each day. Best Puppy in Show must be selected from the Best Puppy in Group winners. 11. Best in Show The dog declared Best in Show is a dog which has competed and has been declared Best of Breed, Best Any Variety Not Separately Classifed or Best Any Variety Imported Breed Register.
a.Shows Judged on the Group System (Defniton; Shows judged on the Group System includes classes for breeds within more than one group, as defned in Kennel Club Regulaton B(As; and require a judge to declare a best of each group afer which the exhibits so declared will compete for the award of Best in Show and Reserve Best in Show.s 1s Best of Breed Where a breed is separately classifed a Best of Breed may be declared but only from those dogs which have received a frst prize in a breed class at the show. Where separate classes are provided for each sex of a breed a Best of each Sex must be declared.
2s Best of Group Best of group and subsequent placings must be selected from:- as The Best of Breed winners in each group
bs The Best dog from the Any Variety Not Separately Classifed classes in each group or on each day. cs The Best dog from Any Variety Imported Breed Register classes in each Group or on each day. 3sBest in Show Best in Show must be selected from the Best of Group winners. Reserve Best in Show must be selected from the remaining Group winners following the selecton for Best in Show. 12. Exhibits will not be admited to Best in Show competton afer a period of ten minutes has elapsed since the announcement that exhibits are required for judging, unless they have been unavoidably delayed by previous judging not being completed on tme, and then only with the special permission of the Show Management.
13. Exhibitors must not pick up dogs by their tails and leads when lifing them nor handle a dog in a manner which causes its feet not touch the ground when on the move. This is not acceptable. Exhibitors should note that such practce would consttute harsh handling and reports of such practce will be referred to the Commitee under Kennel Club Show Regulaton F11.
14. All exhibitors must be familiar with Kennel Club Regulaton F (Annex Bs Regulatons for the Preparaton of Dogs for Exhibiton. 15. All dogs resident outside the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to Compete number before entry to the show/event can be made. All overseas entries without an Authority to Compete number will be returned to the exhibitor/compettor. 16. Dogs in vehicles on Hot Days Anyone whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(ss are met, and should not put a dog’s health and welfare at risk by any acton, default, omission or otherwise.
Breach of Kennel Club Regulatons in this respect may be referred to the Board for disciplinary acton under the Kennel Club Rules and Regulatons.
- Your dog is vulnerable and at risk during hot weather and the Kennel Club oiers the following guidance to help guide you through the do’s and don’ts travelling to and whilst at KC licensed events.
- When travelling to a show please take a moment to consider whether the route to the show is on a busy holiday route, and leave earlier to avoid increased tme in trafc jams.
- If your vehicle is not air-conditoned seriously consider whether travelling to the show is a good idea at all.
- The vehicle should be as fully ventlated as possible, and plenty of stops should be taken, with lots of water available to drink.
- Ensure your dog is not sitng in full sunlight. There should be plenty of free fowing air around the dog.
- When at the show, never leave your dog in the vehicle.
- Keep the dog in the shade – take your own shade for example a large umbrella and always have plenty of water available to drink so your dog stays well hydrated.
- Avoid your dog taking part in unnecessary exerton, or from standing in exposed sunlight for extended lengths of tme. Remember, if you feel hot your dog is very likely to feel much hoter and dehydrated, and this could lead to dire results. Please look afer your dog’s welfare. WARNING: IF YOUR DOG IS FOUND TO BE AT RISK FORCIBLE ENTRY TO YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE NECESSARY WITHOUT LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED. Anyone whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(ss are met, and should not put a dog’s health and welfare at risk by any acton, default, omission or otherwise. Breach of Kennel Club Regulatons in this respect may be referred to the Board for disciplinary acton under Kennel Club Rules and Regulatons. Right to Refuse Entries. Exhibitors/Compettors are reminded that show societes have the right under Kennel Club Regulaton to refuse any entry.
17. Not for Competton entries will be accepted. Details of each dog so entered must be recorded on the entry form and must be Kennel Club registered. 18. No modifcatons will be made to this schedule except by permission of the Board of the Kennel Club, which will be followed by advertsement in the Canine Press wherever possible. 19. Should any judge be prevented from fulflling their engagement, the Commitee reserves to themselves the right of appointng other judges to fulfl their dutes. Exhibitors are at liberty to withdraw from competton but no entry fees can be refunded.
20. Any owner, compettor or other person in charge of a dog is required to remove as soon as possible any fouling caused by their dog(ss at any Kennel Club licensed venue and within the environs of that event including car and caravan parks and approaches.
Adequate receptacles for the disposal of such fouling will be provided. 21. The Commitee will do its utmost to ensure the safety of the dogs brought for exhibiton but it must be clearly understood by exhibitors and all other persons at the Show that the Commitee will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any dogs or property, or personal injury whether arising from accident or any other cause whatsoever.
22. An announcement prior to the date of closing of entries in Our Dogs of any alteraton of additon made by the Commitee to the schedule or in these Regulaton shall be sufcient notce thereof. 23. All children must be kept under control and parents will be held responsible for any damage caused and charges incurred. 24. Please do not obstruct gangways with trolleys. Storage space will be made available for trolleys/ cages. 25. If in the opinion of the Show Secretary, Show Manager or Judge any dog is considered not in a ft state for exhibiton owing to a disease, savage dispositon, or any other cause, the dog may be excluded or removed from the show the dog must not be brought into the Show at any tme under any circumstances.
26. No animal other than an exhibit duly entered at the show will be allowed within the precincts of the show during its contnuance.
27. The owner, exhibitor, handler or other person in charge of a dog at a Kennel Club licensed event must at all tmes ensure that the dog is kept under proper control whilst at the licensed venue, including its environs, car and caravan parks and approaches. This regulaton applies before (at any tme during the set up period at the venues, during the event and aferwards (at any tme during the breakdown of the events 28. A dog may be disqualifed by the Board from any award, whether an objecton has been lodged or not, if proved amongst other things to have been as registered or recorded as having been bred by the scheduled judge, this shall not apply to a judge appointed in an emergency; bs exhibited without payment of the appropriate entry fees.
29. Every exhibitor shall ensure that whilst the dog is being exhibited, its handler shall display the correct ring number. Use of Electrical Equipment at Shows The Kennel Club is becoming increasingly concerned at the amount of electrical equipment being used by exhibitors at shows, including hair dryers and hair straighteners and other grooming devices. Electrical equipment should not be brought to shows unless absolutely necessary. In rare instances where it might be required, it should be PAT tested and permission sought from the secretary of the show before it is used.
The Kennel Club has also been informed of recent instances of exhibitors commandeering certain areas of a venue in order to have access to power points so as to use electrical grooming equipment.
This is totally unacceptable and partcularly unfair on the breeds whose allocated areas have been cramped because of this selfsh behaviour. Security at shows In light of recent events the Kennel Club would like to issue a reminder to all Societes of the importance of security at dog shows. The Kennel Club understands that due to the nature of dog shows and the quantty of paraphernalia exhibitors bring it would be extremely difcult for show organisers to take on the issue of security alone, therefore we would reiterate the advice being given by the Police and security services, that everyone in the UK should remain vigilant and this applies to those organising and taking part in dog shows.
The importance of exhibitors feeling that they and their dogs are safe when atending a show cannot be underestmated. We would therefore remind you of the importance of the need for show organisers and exhibitors to remain mindful of potental dangers and that all visitors generally need to be vigilant and alert. Furthermore the society should provide robust notfcaton informing exhibitors of where to report to should they see anything suspicious or of concern, and of the evacuaton procedures in place. REGULATIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF DOGS FOR EXHIBITION F (Bs 1. These regulatons must be observed when a dog is prepared for exhibiton and/or exhibited at any Kennel Club licensed event.
Objectons may be referred to the General Commitee for disciplinary acton under these show regulatons and/or for disciplinary acton under Kennel Club Rule A11a. as a dog found to have been exhibited in breach of these regulatons will automatcally be disqualifed from exhibiton at the show and from any award gained there at.
bs Unless the exhibitor provides a satsfactory explanaton for the dog being exhibited in breach of these regulatons then he/she may be subject to further penaltes of either a fne or as listed under Rule A11a 2. (as No substance which alters the natural colour, texture or body of the coat may be present in the dog’s coat for any purpose at any tme during the show. No substance which alters the natural colour of any external part of the dog may be present on the dog for any purpose at any tme during the show. (bs Any other substance (other than waters which may be used in the preparaton of a dog for exhibiton must not be allowed to remain in the coat or on any other part of the dog at the tme of exhibiton.
3. No act or operaton which alters the natural conformaton of a dog or any part thereof may be performed except (as Operatons certfed to the satsfacton of the General Commitee. (bs the removal of dew claws of any breed (cs Operatons to prevent breeding provided that such operatons are notfed to the Kennel Club before neutered dogs are shown
Nor must anything be done calculated to in the opinion of the General Commitee to deceive. 4. The General Commitee without previous notce may order an examinaton of any dog or dogs at any show. Any examinaton thus ordered will be made by a person having executve authority who shall have a writen directve from the Kennel Club in their possession. Samples may be taken for further examinaton and analysis. 5. An individual has the right to lodge an objecton to a dog only if he/she is the owner or handler of a dog competng in the same breed or class. An objecton may however, be lodged by an ofcial of the show or by anyone so deputed by the Kennel Club.
It will be the responsibility of the individual who lodges the objecton or the ofcial (as appropriates, to substantate the grounds for the objecton. The Kennel Club will substantate the grounds for an objecton made on its behalf.
6. Any objecton by an individual related to an infringement of these Regulatons must be made in writng to the Show Secretary at his/her ofce before the close of the show and the individual must produce evidence of identty at the tme of lodging the complaint. SOUTH WALES OPEN SHOWS ‘DOG OF THE YEAR 2018 & PUPPY OF THE YEAR 2018’ HELD UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE SOUTH WALES KENNEL ASSOCIATION For Dogs who win BEST IN SHOW at Open Shows held between 1st January and 31st December 2018 within the South Wales area organised by General Canine & Group Societes including those run by Agricultural Societes and Municipal Authorites.
Winners will be invited to compete in a Finals Competton to be held on a date and venue to be announced.
to select the ‘DOG OF THE YEAR 2018 & PUPPY OF THE YEAR 2018’
WELSH JUNIOR OF THE YEAR Saturday 2nd March 2019 To be held at Drover's Court, Montgomery Pavilion Royal Welsh Showground, Builth Wells LD2 3SY Welsh Junior of the Year Qualifcaton: 1. First in any Junior Breed class at at General Championship Show 2. First in any Junior Breed class at any Breed Championship Show 3. First in any Junior Breed class at any General Open Show * NEW EVENT * Welsh Veteran of the Year Qualifcaton * NEW EVENT * Dogs to be 7 years and over (Exhibit and Exhibitors to be resident in Waless Qualifying dates for 2019: 1st January 2018 – 31st December 2018 All enquiries to: Secretary – Martn Sanders Tel: 02920 813402 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org TWO CLASSES OF JUNIOR HANDLING ***The Welsh Junior Handler of the Year *** (Junior Handlers to be resident in Waless All enquiries regarding Junior Handling to: Mrs.
C. Mills-Jones Tel: 01407 459062 Mobile 07515 812885 email: email@example.com
DIRECTIONS TO SHOWGROUND (not to scales Ffordd Fawr, Llandefalle, Brecon, Powys LD3 0NF Tel: 01874 754804 www.arenaprint.co.uk