NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FLEXIBLE HOUSING
Page content transcription ( If your browser does not render page correctly, please read the page content below )
Traditional Housing Online Room Selection Instructions Students without roommates AND Roommate Groups smaller than the room/suite/apartment size NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FLEXIBLE HOUSING 3:00.m.pm-5:00 p.m. Rooms with access to a hall bathroom Double = 2 persons Double (H) = 2 persons Rooms with a Private Bathroom Double – Private Bath = 2 persons Double – Private Bath (H) = 2 persons Triple – Private Bath [DuPont & Richmond] = 3 persons Triple (H) - Private Bath [Landrum] = 3 persons Suites Single/Double suite [Chandler & Hardy] = 3 persons Double/Double suite = 4 persons Double/Triple suite (H) [Chandler] = 5 persons Triple/Triple suite (H) [Landrum] = 6 persons Apartments 1 Bedroom Apt [Ludwell] = 2 persons Studio Double Apt [Ludwell] = 2 persons 2 Bedroom Triple Apt [Ludwell] = 3 persons 2 Bedroom Apt [Cabell] = 4 persons Single (H) – 4BR Apt [Tribe Square – 11.5-month contract] – 4 persons 4 Bedroom Apt. [Grad 400 building – includes winter break housing] = 4 persons 3 Bedroom Apt [Nicholas] = 6 persons
Keep in mind: 1. Residence Life will do a nightly audit of all assignments and may move students if there is a gender discrepancy – will move the last person(s) to select into the space. 2. If you are part of a roommate group, the roommate group leader should be the student in the group with the earliest time slot. 3. We recommend that all students complete steps 1-13 before the individual without a roommate group or the roommate group’s earliest time slot opens so they can start their search when that time slot opens. 4. Steps 14-19 will be available when the time slot opens. 5. Roommate groups can make adjustments to the group at any time until a selection is made if needed – be sure to communicate changes to affected group members – anyone dropped from the group will automatically receive an email. 6. Students who select into Tribe Square must answer “Yes” on the Tribe Square acknowledgement question – if it not, the group’s Tribe Square assignment will be removed and that space will be placed back into the process for selection. 7. Chandler, Hardy, Landrum, One Tribe Place and Tribe Square will all be billed at the higher rate for 2020-21 Academic Year. Rates are typically set by the Board of Visitors at their April meeting. 8. All Tribe Square residents have an 11.5 month contract that includes summer 2019, fall 2019, and spring 2020 – no exceptions. First bills will be due June 1, 2020. 9. REMINDER: All personal belongings must be removed at check-out in May.
1. Log into the W&M Housing Portal at: https://wm.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX/F13DA9C1/22/252/Student_Login- Student_Login 2. Click on “2020-2021 Housing Application”. 3. Click on “Continue” in the Form Selector page. 4. These pages should already be done before your time slot opens: a. Contract Release Request b. Personal Details c. Contract Request to Cancel Housing d. Priority Housing Accommodations 5. “Living with a Resident Assistant or accepted a staff position?” page – answer “No”, click “Save & Continue” at the bottom. 6. These pages should already be done before your time slot opens: a. Special Interest Housing b. Tribe Square Acknowledgement c. Returning Student Room Preferences d. Lifestyle Questionnaire e. Same Room/Building/Complex Sign Up – no longer visible/viewable
7. Flexible Housing a. Students without a roommate group or who will be living with roommates/suitemates/apartment-mates of the same gender will choose “No”, click “Save & Continue at the bottom and skip to step #10 to continue that process. b. Students who will be living in a Flexible Housing space with roommates/suitemates/apartment-mates of the opposite gender read the page and choose “Yes” at the bottom of the screen & click ‘Save & Continue” at the bottom. 8. Read the Flexible Housing Roommate Proxy Agreement. 9. Add the name & email address for each preferred Flexible Housing roommates/suitemates/apartment-mates. This will generate an email for the student to accept the proxy agreement initiated by you. You must enter the student’s name and email address exactly how they would complete the same information. If you incorrectly enter it you can Delete the entry and resend the proxy request. Each group member will need to add and accept every member of the group. If a student has accepted your proxy agreement request but you no longer wish to select a space with them, go back and simply add a new person to your proxy agreement list – email email@example.com to have the unwanted entry deleted the next business day. You will see a time/date stamp when a proxy has been accepted. You may need to refresh the page to see it. Once all of the proxy agreements have been completed by all parties you will be able to move on to the next step by clicking “Save & Continue”.
10. Roommate Groups: The Roommate Group Leader will need to be the person using their same room sign up time slot to make the same room sign up room selection for the roommate group. a. Non-leaders will skip to step #12. b. Students without roommate groups click “Save & Continue” at the bottom of the Roommate Groups page and skip to step #14 11. Group Leader steps to create roommate groups. a. On the Roommate Groups page: i. Click on “Create Group”
b. On the Roommate Group Details page create the group name, password, & click “Save Group”. Write the password down as you may need it later. c. The easiest way to find your group members is by clicking on “Search for Roommates by Details”.
d. Type in the student’s legal first and/or last name. If you are having difficulty you can uncheck the “Exclude results that cannot be added or joined”. i. If you still cannot find a student, talk to them to confirm they have completed their contract, are not in an employee, and/or does not already have an assigned a space for the 2020-21 Academic year. If the student cannot be found, stop the process here & contact the Residence Life office for further assistance. e. When the person you are looking for appears, click “Add to Group” and the system will automatically send an email to their W&M email account to accept the request. f. Your screen will show them as an Outgoing Request until they accept your request.
12. Non-group leader students will receive an email asking that they join the group. a. In the application they will go to the roommate group section. b. Accept the roommate group request, & click “Save & Continue”. Then skip to step #19. 13. Group leaders may need to refresh their Roommate Group Page to see that all of the group members are now part of the group and click “Save & Continue”. 14. Students without a roommate group and Group leaders will now be advanced to the Traditional Room Selection page if their time slot has opened. If you were in the housing portal before your time slot opened, you may need to log out/log in to access this page.
15. On the Traditional Room Selection page you will see available spaces. The example here shows a roommate group of 6 persons. a. You can narrow down your search by building and room type. b. You may need to click on subsequent page numbers at the bottom to view all of your options. c. When you choose a space by clicking “Add to Cart” the system will auto select the connected rooms, place them in your cart, & the system will auto advance you to the next page. d. If you have accidently clicked “Add to Cart” and want to change your selection, click the browser’s “Back” button to get back to the Room List screen and click “Removed from Cart” on the rooms you mistakenly selected e. If the screen does not auto advance you to the next page after you have clicked “Add to Cart” for the correct space, click “Save & Continue” at the bottom of the screen
16. Assign yourself to a bed space from the drop down list. 17. If applicable, assign your roommate’s or roommates’ bed space(s) and then click “Assign Beds”. If any bed spaces are not filled: a. Flexible Housing Groups – all bed spaces must be assigned or Residence Life will void the assignment and the group members will be assigned Traditional Room Selection Timeslots b. Single Gendered Groups/Rooms – any be spaces not assigned by you will be assigned to a student by Residence Life staff.
18. You will get a new Confirmation Screen that lists the assignments you just made. Click “Save & Continue”. 19. When the room assignment has been made you will end the process by reviewing the Application Status Screen at the bottom then STOP. This is your final, official 2020-21 Housing Assignment. No further action is needed. a. Non-group leaders can also log in or refresh their screen to access this Application page at the bottom of their application. b. You will only see the list of students in your group on this page if everyone in the group has given their FERPA consent to allow roommates to see their information.
Pages you may also like
You can also read
Next part ... Cancel