Vodafone Group 2018. Vodafone and the Vodafone logos are trade
Vodafone Group 2018. Vodafone and the Vodafone logos are trade marks of Vodafone Group. Any product or company names mentioned herein may be the trade marks of their respective owners. VFD 320 / VFD 321
Table of Contents 1 Your phone ___ 4
1.1 Keys and connectors ___ 4
1.2 Getting started ___ 4
1.2.1 Setup ___ 4
1.2.2 Power on your phone ___ 5
1.2.3 Power off your phone ___ 5
1.3 Using the touchscreen ___ 5
1.2.5 Status bar ___ 6
1.3 Main features ___ 7
1.3.1 Notification panel ___ 7
1.3.2 Search bar ___ 7
1.3.3 Lock/Unlock your screen ___ 7
1.3.4 Personalise your Home screen ___ 7
1.3.4 Volume adjustment ___ 8
2 Text input ___ 8
2.1 Using the onscreen keyboard ___ 8
2.1.1 Android keyboard ___ 8
2.2 Text editing ___ 8
3 Phone call, Call log & People ___ 8
3.1 Phone call ___ 8
3.1.1 Placing a call ___ 8
3.1.2 Answering or rejecting a call ___ 9
3.1.3 Calling your voicemail ___ 9
3.1.4 During a call ___ 9
3.1.5 Managing multiple calls ___ 9
3.1.6 Call settings ___ 9
3.2 Recents ___ 10
3.3 Contacts ___ 10
3.3.1 View your contacts ___ 10
3.3.2 Adding a contact ___ 11
3.3.3 Editing your contacts ___ 11
3.3.4 Communicating with your contacts ___ 11
3.3.5 Importing, exporting and sharing contacts ___ 11
3.3.6 Displaying contacts ___ 11
3.3.7 Joining/Discarding contacts ___ 11
3.3.8 Synchronising contacts in multiple accounts ___ 11
4 Messaging & Email ___ 12
4.1 Message ___ 12
4.1.1 Create a new message ___ 12
4.1.2 Manage messages ___ 12
4.1.3 Adjust message settings ___ 12
4.2 Gmail/Email ___ 12
4.2.1 Gmail ___ 13
5 Calendar , Alarm clock & Calculator ___ 13
5.1 Calendar ___ 13
5.1.1 Multimode view ___ 13
5.1.2 To create new events ___ 13
5.2 Clock ___ 13
5.2.1 To set an alarm ___ 14
5.2.2 To adjust alarm settings ___ 14
5.3 Calculator ___ 14
6 Getting connected ___ 14
6.1 Connecting to the Internet ___ 14
6.1.1 GPRS/EDGE/3G ___ 14
6.1.2 Wi-Fi ___ 15
6.2 Chrome ___ 15
6.3 Connecting to Bluetooth devices ___ 15
6.4 Connecting to a computer via USB ___ 16
6.5 To safely remove the microSD card from your phone ___ 16
6.6 Sharing your phone’s mobile data connection ___ 16
6.7 Connecting to virtual private networks ___ 16
7 Google Play Store ___ 16
8 Multimedia applications ___ 17
8.1 Camera ___ 17
8.1.1 Settings in framing mode ___ 17
8.2 Photos ___ 17
8.3 Music ___ 18
8.3.1 Playing music ___ 18
9 Google Maps Go ___ 18
9.1 Get My Location ___ 18
9.1.1 Turn on GPS ___ 18
9.2 Search for a location ___ 19
9.3 Save a location ___ 19
9.4 Open Street View for a location ___ 19
9.5 Get driving, public transportation or walking directions ___ 19
9.5.1 Get suggested routes for your trip ___ 19
10 Others ___ 19
10.1 File Manager ___ 19
10.2 Radio ___ 19
11 Settings ___ 19
11.1 Wireless & networks .
11.1.1 Wi-Fi ___ 20
11.1.2 Bluetooth ___ 20
11.1.3 Data usage ___ 20
11.1.4 Network & Internet > Flight mode ___ 20
11.1.5 Apps & Notification >Default apps ___ 20
11.1.6 Network & Internet > SIM cards ___ 20
11.1.7 Network & Internet > Hostspot & tethering ___ 20
11.1.8 Network & Internet > VPN ___ 20
11.2 Device ___ 20
11.2.1 Display ___ 20
11.2.2 Sound & notification ___ 20
11.2.3 Storage ___ 21
11.2.4 Battery ___ 21
11.2.4 Apps ___ 21
11.3 Security & location ___ 21
11.3.1 Security status ___ 21
11.3.2 Security ___ 21
11.3.4 Users & accounts ___ 21
11.3.5 Accessibility ___ 22
11.3.6 Google ___ 22
11.4 System ___ 22
11.4.1 Language & input ___ 22
11.4.2 Gestures ___ 22
11.4.3 Date & time ___ 22
11.4.4 Backup ___ 22
11.4.5 Reset ___ 23
11.4.6 About phone ___ 23
12 Update your phone’s software ___ 24
13 Product safety information ___ 24
14 Licences ___ 27
15 Specifications .
- 1 Your phone 1.1 Keys and connectors Recents apps
- Touch: this shows your recently-used apps. Touch an app to open it, or swipe it left or right to remove it from the list. Home key
- While on any app or screen, touch the Home key to return to the main Home screen.
- Long press this key to access Google Now & Voice Search. Back key
- Touch to go back to the previous screen, or to close a dialogue box, options menu, the Notification panel, etc. Power key
- Press: activate the lock screen/wake up the screen.
- Long press: show the pop-up menu to select from Shut down, Restart, Flight mode. Press and hold to: power on.
- Long press the Power key and the Volume down key to capture a screenshot.
- Volume keys
- During a call, adjust the volume with this button.
- In Music/Video/Streaming mode use this button to adjust the media volume
- In general mode, use this button to adjust the ringtone volume.
- Mute the ringtone of an incoming call. 1.2 Getting started 1.2.1 Setup Removing and replacing the back cover Installing and removing the battery Power off your phone before removing the battery. To install the battery:
- Insert the battery and clip it in place, then close the cover. To remove the battery:
- Unclip the cover, then remove the battery. When replacing the battery, make sure that the metal contacts on the battery are touching the metal contacts on the device. Inserting or removing the SIM card The drawings are displaying a single SIM device, but the procedure work on dual SIM devices as well. You must insert your SIM card to make phone calls. Power off your phone and remove battery before inserting or removing the SIM card.
Place the Micro SIMcard with the chip facing downwards and slide it into its housing. Make sure that it is correctly inserted. To remove the SIM card, press and slide it out. Speaker Front camera Back Home Recents USB connector Volume up Volume down Power on/off Rear camera Flash light Speaker
Your phone only supports micro-SIM card. Do not attempt to insert other SIM types like mini or nano cards, as you may damage your phone. Inserting and removing the microSD card Power off your phone and remove the battery before inserting or removing the microSD card.
Slide the microSD holder to the left to unlock it, then lift it up. Place the microSD card in the space provided, with the gold contacts facing down. Then fold the microSD holder down and slide it to the right until it locks. Charging the battery Tochangethe battery,connectthe charger to yourphone.Youcan also charge your phone from any USB supported device like a computer by connecting a USB cable to your phone.
To reduce your phone’s power consumption, switch off the Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth or apps running in the background when not needed (e.g. flight mode). In Settings, you can also lower the brightness of the screen and put your screen to sleep when not using it. 1.2.2 Power on your phone Hold down the Power key until the phone powers on. It will take a few seconds before the screen lights up. .You should sense a vibration when the device is getting ready to use. Unlock your phone depending on your unlocking pattern (Swipe, PIN, password or pattern) . You are now on the home screen. If you do not know your PIN code or if you have forgotten it, contact your network operator.
Do not leave your PIN code with your phone. Store this information in a safe place when not in use. Set up your phone for the first time The first time you power on the phone you will be asked to set the following options: language, GoogleTM account. Select the phone’s language, then touch START. Select Wi-Fi network and enter the password if needed. 1. If you already used an AndroidTM phone, you can transfer your data by selecting Copy your data.
2. If you want to set this phone as a new phone, select Set up as new. 3. Connect your phone to your Google account or press SKIP. Note: You can link your phone number to your Google account. 4. Agree to the Use terms. A recap inform you that your account is added. 5. Protect your phone, set screen lock now or touch SKIP. 6. Select the Google Services, once finished, press AGREE Note: You can add another account during the final step of the set up or press NO THANKS.. You can now select your home screen wallpaper and set your widgets. If you power on your phone with no SIM card inserted, you will still be able to connect to a Wi-Fi network to sign into your Google account and to use some features.
Note: In that case, a pop-up appears to inform you that no SIM card is detected. You can ignore this notification or add your SIM card right away. 1.2.3 Power off your phone Hold down the Power key from the Home screen until the Phone options appear, then select Power off. 1.3 Using the touchscreen Touch To access an app, touch it with your finger. Long press Long press the Home screen to access the available options for setting the wallpaper, shortcuts, home settings. Drag Long press an item to be able to drag it to another location. Slide/Swipe Slide thescreentoscrollupand down lists,screensofapps,images, web pages, etc.
Flick Similar to swiping, but flicking makes it move quicker. Pinch/Spread Place your fingers of one hand on the screen surface and draw them apart or together to scale an element on the screen. Rotate Automatically change the screen orientation from portrait to landscape by turning the phone sideways. . If the screen orientation does not automatically change, make sure the automatic screen orientation is enabled in the status bar by touching the Portrait icon .
1.2.5 Status bar From the status bar, you can view both phone status (on the right side) and notification information.
Status icons GPRS connected GPS is on EDGE connected No SIM card inserted 3G connected Vibrate mode HSDPA (3G) connected Ringer is silenced HSPA (3G) connected Do not disturb mode Data roaming Phone microphone muted Signal strength Battery is very low Connected to a Wi-Fi network Battery is low Bluetooth is on Battery is partially drained Connected to a Bluetooth device Battery is full Flight mode Battery is charging Alarm is set Headset connected Notification icons New Gmail TM message Call in progress New text or multimedia message Missed call Problem with SMS or MMS delivery Call on hold New Hangouts message Call forwarding is on New voicemail Uploading data Upcoming event Download finished Data is synchronising Carrier data use threshold approaching or exceeded No microSD card installed An open Wi-Fi network is available Song is playing Phone is connected via USB cable Screenshot error Radio is on USB tethering is on System update available Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is on Connected to VPN Screenshot captured International Roaming is enabled More notifications are hidden International Roaming is disabled
- 1.3 Main features 1.3.1 Notification panel Touch and drag down the Status bar to open the Quick settings panel and drag down again to open the Quick settings panel. Touch and drag uptocloseit. Fromthe Notificationpanel, youcanopen itemsand other reminders indicated by notification Touch a notification and slide it sideways to delete it. Press CLEAR ALL to clear all event-based notifications (other ongoing notification will remain). Touch and then the Setting icon to access the Settings. 1.3.2 Search bar The phone provides a Search function which can be used to find the information about your phone, in your applications or on the web. a Type to search
- Touch the Search bar from the Home screen.
- Type the object of your research
- Touch on the keyboard to launch your search. b Speak to search
- Touch from the Search bar to display a dialog screen.
- Speak the word/phrase you want to search. A list of search results are displayed on the screen.
- 1.3.3 Lock/Unlock your screen To protect your phone and privacy, you can lock your phone screen with a variety of patterns, PIN or password, etc. through Settings > Security and location > Screen lock. To create a screen unlock pattern (Follow onscreen instructions)
- Touch Settings > Security and location > Screen lock > Pattern.
- Draw your pattern To create a screen unlock PIN/Password
- Touch Settings > Security and location> Screen lock > PIN or Password.
- Set your PIN or password. To lock phone screen Press the Power key once to lock the screen. To unlock phone screen Press the Power key once to light up the screen, draw the unlock pattern youhave createdor enter PIN or passwordto unlock thescreen. If you have chosen Swipe asthe screen lock, slide upward to unlock the screen, slide left to access Camera and slide right to access Phone. 1.3.4 Personalise your Home screen Add an app or widget Touch the Application tab , then long press the app to drag the item to any Home screen.
Reposition an app or widget Long press and move the item to be repositioned,, drag the item to the desired position and then release. You can move items both on the Home screen and the Favourites tab. Hold the icon on the left or right edge of the screen to drag the item to another Home screen. Remove Long press the item to be removed it, drag the item up to the top of Remove icon, and release after the item turns red. Create folders Draw your unlock pattern Touch to confirm by drawing pattern again Touch and drag downwards twice to access the Quick settings bar.
To make it easier to organise apps and shortcuts on the Home screen and the Favourite tray, you can add them to a folder by stacking one item on top of another.
To rename a folder, open it and double tap on the folder’s title to input the new name. Wallpaper customisation Long press an empty area on the Home screen and select Wallpaper or go to Settings > Display > Wallpaper to customise your wallpaper. 1.3.4 Volume adjustment Using volume key Press Volume key to adjust the volume. To activate the vibrate mode, press the Volume down key until the phone vibrates. Note: Press the Volume down key once more to activate the silent mode. Using Settings menu Drag down twice from the notification panel and touch the settings icon to open Settings, then touch Sound.
You can set the volume of calls, notification, system and etc. to your preference. 2 Text input 2.1 Using the onscreen keyboard Onscreen keyboard settings Touch the Application tab from the Home screen, select Settings > System>Language & input.
- Adjust the onscreen keyboard orientation Turn the phone sideways or upright to adjust the Onscreen Keyboard orientation. You can also adjust it by changing the settings (go to Settings > Display > Advanced> Auto-rotate screen). 2.1.1 Android keyboard 2.2 Text editing You can edit the text you typed.
- Long press or double touch the text you want to edit.
- Drag the tabs to change the highlighted selection.
- The following options will show: CUT, COPY, SHARE and SELECT ALL. Note: Once you've copied a chunk of text, the option PASTE appears. You can also insert new text
- To paste text, long press the text zone to access the PASTE option. 3 Phone call, Call log & People 3.1 Phone call 3.1.1 Placing a call To make a call when the phone is active, go to the Home screen and touch the Phone icon in the Favorite tab.
If the phone is locked, press the Power Buttonand then swipe the phone icon up. Directly type the number of the contact with the dial or select the contact from the Contacts menu. The number you entered can be saved to Contacts by touching and select Add to contacts. If you make a mistake, you can delete the incorrect digits by touching . To hang up a call, touch . International call To dial an international call, long press to enter , then enter the international country prefix followed by the full phone number and finally touch .
Emergency call If your phone has network coverage, dial the emergency number and touch to make an emergency call.
This works even without a SIM card and without typing the PIN code. Long press to access voicemail Favorites Call log Contacts Touch to show the dial pad
3.1.2 Answering or rejecting a call When you receive a call, a call window will be presented on top of the screen. Touch DECLINE to dismiss a call or ANSWER to answer a call. If your phone is locked, you have to swipe the icon to answer. Swipe it down to dismiss the call. Press the message icon on the left to send a message instead of answering the call. To mute incoming calls, press the Volume up/down key. 3.1.3 Calling your voicemail Your voicemail is provided by your network to avoid missing calls. It works like an answering machine that you can access at any time. To listen to your voicemail, long press on Phone tab.
Tosetyourvoicemailnumber,touch keyand touchSettings> Calls > Voicemail.
If you receive a voicemail, a voicemail icon appears on the Status bar. Open the Notification panel, touch New voicemail. 3.1.4 During a call To adjust the volume during a call, press the Volume up/down key. Touch to hold the current call. Touch this icon again to retrieve the call. Touch to display dial pad. Touch to end the current call. Touch to mute the current call. Touch this icon again to unmute the call. Touch to activate the speaker during the current call. Touch this icon again to deactivate the speaker. Touch to add a contact to the call. To avoid accidentally pressing the touchscreen during a call, screen will be locked automatically when you put your phone close to your ear; and it will be unlocked when the phone is taken away from your ear.
- 3.1.5 Managing multiple calls With this phone you can handle multiple calls at the same time. Conference calls (1) You can set up a conference call.
- Place a call to the first participant of the conference call.
- Touch and select Add call.
- Enter the phone number of the person you want to add to conference and touch . You can also add participants from CALLS or CONTACTS.
- Press menu icon to start a conference call.
- During a conference call, touch to drop a participant or to talk privately to one of the participants. Touch to drop the participant from the conference, touch to talk privately to the participant and hold on other participants.
- Touch to end the conference call and disconnect all callers. (1) Depending on your network operator. 3.1.6 Call settings From phone screen, touch key and select Settings the following options are available: Display options
- Sort by : Choose if the contact must be sorted by first name or last name
- Name format: Choose how to display the names of the contacts. Sound and vibration
- Phone ringtone: Choose your phone ringtone.
- Keypad tone: To hear dialing sounds during the dialing of a number, check the box.
- Also vibrate for calls: Check the box if you want your phone to vibrate when receiving a call.
- Quick responses: Use this menu to edit the quick responses appearing during a call.
- Voicemail Service Opens a dialog box where you can select your carrier’s voicemail service or another service. Setup If you are using your carrier’s voicemail service, this opens a dialog box where you can enter the phone number to use for listening to and managing your voicemail. Notifications
- Low Sound Touch to select the notification sound. Vibrate Mark the check box to enable vibration when the call is connected.
- Fixed Dialling Numbers Fixed Dialling Number (FDN) is a service mode of SIM, where outgoing calls are restricted to a set of phone numbers. These numbers are added to the FDN list. The most common practical application of FDN is for parents to restrict the phone numbers which their children can dial. For security reasons, you’ll be prompted to enable FDN by entering SIM PIN2 which is usually acquired from your service provider or SIM maker.
- Call forwarding Touch to configure how your calls are always forwarded or when you are busy, unanswered or unreachable.
Call barring You can activate or deactivate the call barring for outgoing and incoming calls. The various options are: All outgoing calls All outgoing calls are barred. International Outgoing international calls are barred. outgoing calls International Outgoing international calls except those except home to your country of subscription are barred. All incoming calls All incoming calls are barred. Incoming calls Incoming calls are barred when you are while roaming abroad. Cancel all Deactivate all call barring. Change barring Change the original barring password for password activating call barring.
- Additional settings Caller ID Opens a dialog box that allows you to decide if your number is displayed during calls. Call waiting Mark the check box to notify you of a new incoming call.
- Accessibilty TTY phone service is very helpful for deaf and hearing impaired people Set your TTY mode between the predefined choices.
- Caller ID & spam When you receive a call from an unknown number, Google tries its best to give you useful information about the caller to avoid unwanted situation. It also inform you when the receive call is suspected to be a spam.
Nearby places When you search a location, this feature allows Google to find numbers of nearby places even if they are not in your contact.
3.2 Recents You can view your call history by touching from the Phone screen to view call history. Touch a contact or number to view information or further operations. You can view detailed information of a call, launch a new call or send messages to a contact or number, or add numbers to Contacts (only available for unsaved phone numbers), etc. Touch the contact's photo to open the Quick Contact panel. To clear the entire call memory, touch key from the phone screen and touch Call history. Then touch again and select Clear call history. 3.3 Contacts You can view and create contacts on your phone and synchronise these with your Gmail contacts or other apps on the web or on your phone.
3.3.1 View your contacts To access the Contacts app, touch the Application menu on the Home screen, then select Contacts.Touch the key and touch Settings to display the contacts list option menu. Following options are available:
- My info : Set your account information here.
- Accounts: Manage the synchronisation settings for different accounts.
- Default account for new contacts Select an account from which the contacts should be imported.
- Contacts to display Choose which contacts to display.
- Sort by: Sort your contact list by First Name or Surname.
- Name format: Choose a name format.
- Phonetic name Show phonetic pronunciation of a name. Touch to set up your profile and your picture will show Touch the icon to open the Quick Contact panel and view the contact's detailed information Touch to add a new contact Once you have set the contact profile, the contact picture appears in the list
- Import/Export Import or export contacts between phone, SIM card, and microSD card, or share contacts.
- Blocked number Show block numbers or add numbers to the list. 3.3.2 Adding a contact Touch the Application tab on the Home screen, select Contacts, then touch the icon in the contact list tp create a new contact. When you're finished, touch SAVE. To exit without saving, you can touch and then Discard changes. Add to/remove from Favourites Only phone and account contacts can be added to favourites. The contacts saved on your SIM card cannot be added as favourites.
To add a contact to favourites, you can touch a contact to view details then touch to add the contact to favourites.
To remove a contact from favourites, touch on contact details screen. 3.3.3 Editing your contacts To edit contact information, touch key in the contact details screen. When finished, touch Change a contact’s default phone number You cannot add numbers to contact saved on your SIM. The default phone number (the number which has priority when making a call or sending a message) will always be displayed under the contact name.
To change the default phone number, long press the number you want to set as the default number from the contact’s details screen, then select Set default. A appears after the number. Thischoiceisonlyavailable when thecontact hasmorethanone number. Delete a contact To delete a contact, touch and touch Delete from the contact (details) screen. The contact you have deleted will also be removed from other applications on the phone or web the next time you synchronise your phone. 3.3.4 Communicating with your contacts From contact details screen you can communicate with your contacts by making a call or sending a message.
To launch a call, touch the phone number. To send a message, touch the icon on the right side of the number. Use Quick Contact for Android Touch a contact’s picture to open Quick Contact for Android, then you can touch the number or the icon to send a message to the contact. The icons available on the Quick Contact panel depend on the information you have for the contact and the applications/ accounts on your phone. 3.3.5 Importing, exporting and sharing contacts Fromthe Contactsscreen, touch andselect Settings,Import/export, then choose to import/export contacts from/to your SIM card, Phone, microSD card, Phone storage, Accounts, etc.
To import/export a single contact from/to your SIM card, choose an account and target SIM card, select the contact you want to import/export, and touch NEXT to confirm. To import/export all contacts from/to your SIM card, choose an account and target SIM card, touch Select all and touch OK to confirm. You can share a single contact or contacts with others via Bluetooth, Gmail, etc. To do this, touch a contact you want to share, touch the key and Share from the contact details screen, then select the app to perform this action.
3.3.6 Displaying contacts You can configure which group of contacts you want to display in the People list.
Touch the key and then Contacts to display from the contacts list screen, then you can choose which contacts to display. Touch the key and then Settings. You can Sort by First name or Last name, as well as Name format as First name first or Last name first. 3.3.7 Joining/Discarding contacts You cannot Join a contact from your SIM card to a contact from your phone, or from your account(s). To avoid duplicating information you can easily add a new contact's details to an existing contact.
Select a contact in the Contact menu and touch the key, then touch the key in edit screen and touch Merge. Then you'll be asked to choose the contact whose information you want to join with the first contact. The information from the second contact is added to the first one, and the second contact willno longer be displayed in the contacts list. To separate contact information, touch the contact whose information you want to separate, touch the key, then touch the key in the edit screen. Then touch Separate and touch OK to confirm. 3.3.8 Synchronising contacts in multiple accounts Contacts, data or other information can be synchronised from multiple accounts, depending on the apps installed on your phone.
Touch to save Touch to add a picture Fill in the form
To add an account, touch to get to Settings, then touch Accounts > Add account. You'll be asked to select the kind of account you are adding, like Google, Exchange, etc. Aswithother accountsetups,youneed toenterdetailed information,like username, password, etc. You can remove an account and all associated information from the phone. Open the Settings screen, touch the account you want to delete, touch the key and then select Remove account, and confirm. Sync: You can synchronise an account on Accounts screen, touch an account in the list, then touch the key and select Sync now. 4 Messaging & Email 4.1 Message You can send SMS and MMS with your phone.
Go to the Home page and touch the Message icon in the Favourites tab. 4.1.1 Create a new message Sending a text message Enter the name of the recipient in the field Type name of number. Then, type the content of the message in the Type text message field. Touch the arrow icon the send the message.
An SMS of more than 160 characters will be charged as several SMS. Specific letters (like accents, for example) will also increase the size of the SMS, so this may cause multiple SMS to be sent to your recipient. Sending a multimedia message MMS enables you to send video clips, images, photos, animations, slides and audio to other compatible phones and e-mail addresses. An SMS will be converted to MMS automatically when media files (image, video, audio, etc.) are attached or subject or email addresses are added.To send a multimedia message, enter the recipient’s phone number in the recipients bar, touch content bar to enter the text of the message. Touch + to send files such as :
- A picture from the camera
- A video from the camera
- An audio recording
- A contact file
- Pictures from the Gallery
- Videos from the Gallery
- An audio file
- An event of your calendar When finished, touch to send the multimedia message. 4.1.2 Manage messages When a new message comes, an icon will appear on status bar as notification. Drag down the status bar to open the Notification panel and touch the new message to open it. You can also open Message and touch the new message to open it.
- Messages are displayed as a conversation. To reply to a message, touch the current message to enter the messagecomposing screen, enter the text, then touch Send. If you long press a message in the message details screen, the following options will be available:
- Copy message This option is only available for SMS. Touch text to copy current message content and paste it to content bar of the new message you are going to compose.
- Forward Touch to forward the message to another recipient.
- Delete message Delete the current message. 4.1.3 Adjust message settings In the message list screen, touch the key and select Settings.
- Default SMS app: Select the default messaging application.
- Notifications: Set the sound and vibration of the notifications in this menu.
- Advanced: o Group messaging: Check the box to send a single message when there are multiple recipients o Auto-download MMS: Disable this option if you are using mobile data only. o Auto-download MMS when data roaming: Enable to download MMS data when the data roaming is enabled. o Use simple characters: Convert special characters of your text into simple characters. o Get SMS delivery report: Check the box to receive delivery reports when you send a message.
o Service messages: Enable to receive service messages.
o SIM card messages: See the messages saved on your SIM card. o Phone number:Displays your phone number. 4.2 Gmail/Email The first time you set up your phone, you can select to use an existing Gmail account or to create a new Email account.
4.2.1 Gmail As Google’s web-based email service, Gmail is configured when you first set up your phone. Gmail on your phone can be automatically synchronised with your Gmail account on the web. Unlike other kinds of email account, each message and its replies in Gmail are grouped in your inbox as a single conversation; all emails are organised by labels instead of folders. To access Gmail From the Home screen, touch the Application tab to enter the applications list, then touch Gmail. Gmail displays messages and conversations from one single Gmail account at a time. If you own more than one account, you can add an account by touching the icon and select Settings from Inbox screen, then touch ADD ACCOUNT.
When finished, you can switch to another account by touching the account name from Inbox screen, then select the account you want to view. To create and send emails 1 Touch from Inbox screen.
2 Enter the recipient(s)’s email address in To field. 3 If necessary, touch the popup menu icon Add Cc/Bcc to add a copy or a blind copy to the message. 4 Enter the subject and the content of the message. 5 Touch icon and select Attach file to add an attachment. 6 Finally, touch the icon to send. 7 If you do not want to send the mail out right away, you can touch the icon and then Save draft or touch the Back key to save a copy. To view the draft, touch your account name to display all labels, then select Drafts.
If you do not want to send or save the mail, you can touch the icon and then touch Discard.
To add a signature to emails, touch the icon and then touch Settings from inbox screen, choose an account, then touch Signature. To receive and read your emails When a new email arrives, you will be notified by a ringtone or vibration, and an icon will appear on Status bar. Touch and drag down the Status bar to display the Notification panel, touch the newemailto viewit. Or you can also open the GmailInbox label and touch the new mail to read it.
- You can search for an email by sender, recipient, subject, etc.
- Touch the icon from Inbox screen.
- Enter the keyword you want to search for in the searching box and touch on the software keyboard. To reply or forward emails
- Reply When viewing an email, touch to reply to it.
- Reply all Touch and select Reply all to send a message to all people in a mail loop.
- Forward Touch and select Forward to forward the received mail to other people. 5 Calendar , Alarm clock & Calculator 5.1 Calendar Use Calendar to keep track of important meetings, appointments, etc. To access this function, touch the Application tab from the Home screen, then touch Calendar.
- 5.1.1 Multimode view To change your Calendar view, touch the date title to open the month view, or touch and select Schedule, Day, Week or Month to access different view. Touch the icon to return to Today’s view. 5.1.2 To create new events You can add new events from any Calendar view.
- Touch this icon and select the type of event.
- Fill in all required information for this new event. If it is a all-day event, you can select All day. When finished, touch SAVE on top of the screen. Before you can add an event, you must add at least one Calendar account and make a calendar visible. To delete or edit an event To edit or delete an event, touch the icon to edit the event and touch DELETE to delete an event.
- 5.2 Clock Your mobile phone has a built-in clock. To access this function, touch the Application tab from the Home screen, then touch Clock. Touch to add or set an alarm. Touch and select Settings. Clock
- Style: Touch to set Analog or Digital style.
- Display time with seconds: Touch the switch to enable or disable
- Automatic home clock Mark the checkbox to set home clock while travelling outside.
- Home time zone Touch to set home time zone.
- Change date & time: Touch this to access directly the Date & time menu of the Settings.
- Silence after Touch to set time silence.
- Snooze length Touch to choose length of snooze.
- Alarm volume Touch to set alarm volume.
- Gradually increase volume: Select the time when the alarm volume sound should start increasing.
- Volume buttons Touch to choose Snooze, Dismiss or Do nothing as volume buttons. Timers
- Timer sound: Select the sound of the timer.
- Gradually increase the volume: Select the time when the alarm volume sound should start increasing.
- Timer vibrate: Enable or disable the timer vibration. 5.2.1 To set an alarm From Clock screen, touch to enter the Alarms screen, then touch to add a new alarm. Following options will show:
- Time Touch numbers to set the time for your alarm.
- Repeat Touch to select the days you want alarm to work.
- Ringtone Touch to select an alarm ringtone.
- Vibrate Mark the checkbox to activate/deactivate vibration.
- Label Touch to set a name for the alarm. Touch an already existing alarm and touch to delete the selected alarm.
- 5.2.2 To adjust alarm settings Touch the key from Alarms screen. The following options will be available under Settings: 5.3 Calculator With Calculator you can solve many mathematical problems. To open it, touch the Application tab from the Home screen, then touch Calculator. There are two panels available: Basic panel and Advanced panel. To switch between panels, select one of the following two ways:
- Touch and drag the basic screen to the left to open the Advanced panel.
- Or turn the device to the landscape mode from the basic panel to open the Advanced panel (1) .
To view the calculation history, drag down the screen. (1) If "Settings\Display\When device is rotated\Stay in portrait view” is on, this item will not display. 6 Getting connected Your phone can connect to the Internet using either GPRS/ EDGE/3G or Wi-Fi. 6.1 Connecting to the Internet 6.1.1 GPRS/EDGE/3G The first time you turn on your phone with the SIM card inserted, it will automatically configure a mobile network service: GPRS, EDGE or 3G. If the network is not connected, you can turn on Mobile data on Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network.
To check the network connection you are using, touch the Application tab on the Home screen, then touch Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Access point names or Network operators.
To create a new access point A new mobile network connection can be added to your phone with the following steps: 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2 Touch Network & Internet > Mobile network > Access pointnames. 3 Then touch key to add new APN. 4 Enter the required APN information. 5 When finished, touch the key and Save. To activate/deactivate Data roaming When roaming, you can decide to connect/disconnect to a data service. 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2 Touch Network & Internet> Mobile network. 3 Touch the switch to activate or deactivate data roaming.
4 When Data roaming is deactivated, you can still perform data exchange with a Wi-Fi connection (see "6.1.2 Wi-Fi"). When you are abroad, a fixed panel will appear in the notification drawer to allow you to enable or disable the service.
6.1.2 Wi-Fi You can connect to the Internet when your phone is within range of a wireless network. Wi-Fi can be used on your phone even without a SIM card inserted. To turn Wi-Fi on and connect to a wireless network 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings, then Network & Internet and touch Wi-Fi. 2 Touch the switch to turn on/off Wi-Fi. 3 Turn on Wi-Fi: detailed information of all detected Wi-Fi networks is displayed in the Wi-Fi networks section. 4 Touch a Wi-Fi network to connect to it. If the network you selected is secured, you'll need to enter a password or other credentials (contact network operator for details).
When you’re finished, touch CONNECT. To activate notification when a new network is detected When Wi-Fi is on and the network notification is activated, the WiFi icon will appear on the status bar whenever the phone detects an available wireless network within range. The following steps activate the notification function when Wi-Fi is on: 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2 Touch Network & Internet and Wi-Fi. 3 Select Wi-Fi preferences and touch Advanced. To add a Wi-Fi network When Wi-Fi is on, you may add new Wi-Fi networks according to your preference.
1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2 Touch Network & Internet and Wi-Fi, and then touch the and select Add network. 3 Enter the name of the network and any required network information. 4 Touch SAVE. When successfully connected, your phone will be connected automatically the next time you are within range of this network. To forget a Wi-Fi network The following steps prevent automatic connections to networks which you no longer wish to use. 1 In the Wi-Fi screen, long press the name of the saved network. 2 Touch Forget network in the dialogue that opens. 6.2 Chrome Using the Chrome browser you can enjoy surfing the Web.
To get onto the Web, go to the Home screen and touch the Chrome icon in the Favourties trab.
To go to a web page On the Chrome browser screen, touch the URL box at the top, enter the address of the web page, then touch to confirm. To save data while surfing on the Web, you need to switch the DataSaverfeatureon. Open Chrome> Settings>DataServer. 6.3 Connecting to Bluetooth devices Bluetooth is a short-range wireless communication technology that you can use to exchange data, or connect to other Bluetooth devices for various uses. To access this function, touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings, then touch Connected devices and Bluetooth. Your device and other available ones will show on the screen.
To turn on Bluetooth: 1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings, then Connected devices.
2. Touch to activate/deactivate this function. To make your phone more recognisable, you can change your phone name which is visible to others. To change the name of your device: 1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2. Touch Connected devices and enable the Bluetooth. 3. Once you enabled Bluetooth, select Device name. 4. Enter a name, and touch RENAME to confirm. To pair/connect your phone with a Bluetooth device To exchange data with another device, you need to turn Bluetooth on and pair your phone with the Bluetooth device with which you want to exchange data.
Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2. Touch Connected devices. 3. Select Pair new device you want to be paired with in the list. 4. A dialog will pop up touch PAIR to confirm. 5. If the pairing is successful, your phone connects to the device. To disconnect/unpair from a Bluetooth device 1. Touch after the device name you want to unpair. 2. Touch FORGET. Turn the Bluetooth on with this switch Pair a device to yours here Change the name of your device to make it easier to find
- Use the USB cable that came with your phone to connect the phone to a USB port on your computer. You will receive a notification that the USB is connected.
- Open the Notification panel and touch Connected as a media device, then, in the next dialog, choose the way in which you want to transfer files. Before using MTP, make sure that the driver (Windows Media Player 11 or higher version) has been installed. To locate data you have transferred or downloaded in the internal storage: 1 Touch the Application tab from the Home screen to open the apps list. 2 Touch File Manager.
All data you have downloaded is stored in File Manager, where you can view media files (videos, photos, music and others), rename files, install apps onto your phone, etc. 6.5 To safely remove the microSD card from your phone The microSD card can be removed from your phone any time the phone is powered off. To remove the microSD card while the phone is on, you must unmount the storage card from the phone first, to prevent corrupting or damaging the storage card. To remove a microSD card 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2 Touch Storage & USB > SD card. 3 Touch and select Settings > Eject.
Additionally, you can simply touch the icon besides the SD card to eject it.
With either way, you can safelyremove the microSD card from the phone. To format a microSD card 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2 Touch Storage > SD card. 3 Touch and select Settings > Format. 4 Touch to confirm. 6.6 Sharing your phone’s mobile data connection You can share your phone’s mobile data connection with a single computer via a USB cable (USB tethering) or with up to eight devices at once by turning your phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot or via Bluetooth. Sharing data may incur additional charges from your network operator. Extra fees may also be charged in roaming areas.
To share your phone’s data connection via USB Use the USB cable that came along with your phone to connect the phone to a USB port on your computer.
1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to go to Settings. 2. Touch Network & Internet > Hotspot & tethering. 3. Touch the switch beside USB tethering to activate/ deactivate this function. To share your phone’s data connection as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot 1 Touch on the Quick settings bar to go to Settings. 2 Touch the switch to activate/deactivate this function. To share your phone’s data connection via Bluetooth 1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to go to Settings. 2. Touch Network & Internet > Hotspot & tethering. 3. Touch the switch beside Bluetooth tethering to activate/ deactivate this function.
To rename or secure your portable hotspot When Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is activated, you could change the name of your phone’s Wi-Fi network (SSID) and secure its Wi-Fi network. 1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to go to Settings. 2. Touch More > Tethering & portable hotspot > Wi-Fi hotspot.
3. Touch Set up Wi-Fi hotspot to change the network SSID or set your network security. 4. Touch SAVE. 6.7 Connecting to virtual private networks Virtual private networks (VPNs) allow you to connect to the resources inside a secured local network from outside that network. VPNs are commonly deployed by corporations, schools, and other institutions so that their users can access local network resources when not inside that network, or when connected to a wireless network. To add a VPN 1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2. Touch More > VPN and then touch . 3. In the screen that opens, followthe instructions from your network administrator to configure each component of the VPN settings.4. Touch SAVE. The VPN is added to the list on the VPN settings screen. Before adding a VPN, you should set a lock screen pattern, PIN code or password for your phone. To connect/disconnect to a VPN To connect to a VPN: 1. Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2. Touch + > VPN. 3. VPNs you have added are listed; touch the VPN you want to connect with. 4. In the dialog that opens, enter any requested credentials and touch CONNECT. To disconnect:
- Open the Notification panel and touch the resulting notification for VPN disconnection.
To edit/delete a VPN To edit a VPN: 1.
Touch on the Quick settings bar to get to Settings. 2. Touch More > VPN. 3. VPNs you have added are listed; touch the icon next to the VPN you want to edit. 4. After finished, touch SAVE. To delete: Touch the icon next to the selected VPN, touch FORGET to delete it. 7 Google Play Store Google Play Store is an online software store(1) where you can download and install applications and games to your Android Powered Phone. You (1) Depending on your country and operator.
can also scan your installed applications using the Google Protect service. When visiting the Google Play Store, the applications recommended should be Android Go relevant applications. Touch the Application tab from the Home screen, then touch Play Store. Touch the key and then select Help&Feedback to enter Google Play Store help page for more information on this function. 8 Multimedia applications 8.1 Camera Your mobile phone is fitted with a Camera for taking photos and shooting videos. Before using the Camera, be sure to remove the protective lens cover before use to avoid it affecting your picture quality.
To take a photo when your phone is active, touch the Camera icon in the Favourites tab on your Home screen.
- If the phone is locked, press the Power button and then swipe the camera icon to the left to open the camera. To take a picture The screen acts as the viewfinder. First position the object or landscape in the viewfinder, touch icon to take the picture which will be automatically saved. To shoot a video Touch on the bottom right of the screen to start recording a video. While recording, you can pause the recording by touching the pause icon next to the recording timer . Touch to stop recording. The video will be automatically saved. Further operations when viewing a picture/video you have taken
- Touch the image on the bottom left of the screen to quickly view the picture you've taken.
- Touch the icon then Gmail, Bluetooth, MMS, etc to share the photo or video you have taken.
- Touch to access the Photos.
- Touch the Back key to return to the Camera or Camcorder.
- 8.1.1 Settings in framing mode Before taking a photo/shooting a video, touch the icon to adjust a number of settings in framing mode.
- Camera shooting mode Touch the icon to access camera settings and below options will display for you to choose from: General settings
- Store location: Touch the to activate your GPS location
- Exposure: Change the exposure to darken or add lights to a picture.
- Color effect: Select a color effect in the list.
- Scene mode: This option allows you to change the mode depending on the environment luminosity.
- White balance: Select the most approriate mode in the list.
- Image properties: Set the properties of your pictures before taking them. By default, all the settings are on medium.
- Anti-flicker:Use this option to avoid flickers on the picture.
- Reset defaults: Touch to reset Camera to factory settings. settings Photo
- Face detection: Touch the icon to activate the face detection.
- Auto scene detection : Touch the icon to activate the detection automatically.
- Self-timer: Set a timer to take a photo with a delay.
- Picture size: Select the picture size in the list.
- Preview size: Select a default size in the list.
- ISO: Set the camera light sensitivity. Video
- EIS: Electronic Image Stabilization. Switch it on to activate this feature.
- Microphone: Touch the to activate/deactivate the microphone.
- Video quality :Touch to select either HD or VGA for video (rear/front) quality 8.2 Photos Photos acts as a media player for you to view photos and playback videos; To open your photos, touch the Application tab from the Home screen, then touch Gallery. Touch to enable HDR mode Touch to enable the flash Touch to rotate camera to front camera Access your Gallery Access the Camera Settings here Touch one of these three icons to choose your picture mode between : Panoramic mode, Beauty face mode and normal mode Access the camera application here Locate the picture you want to work on, and touch the picture in the full-screen picture view. Slide the icon bar below left and right to select one, touch the icon to share the picture, edit icon to edit the picture and touch the icon then select Delete device copy and confirm DELETE to delete the picture.