Racer's info - boat accommodation
Racer's info - boat accommodation
TABLE OF CONTENT Boat accommodation & Welcome 3 Registrations for the race 3 Daily briefings 6 Welcome drink & Press conference 6 Winner ceremonies & Finisher party 7 Meals 7 Photo service 7 Official signalisation 8 Medic Service 9 Important numbers 9 Additional information 9 Daily routine 10 Transfers and luggage 11 Elevation profiles 13 Sponsors & Partners 16 !2 Unique Race in the world of MTB
Boat accommodation & Welcome Welcome to the 5th edition of MITAS 4 ISLANDS MTB Stage Race! Be prepared to experience wonderful sceneries and breath-taking views mixed with pain and pleasure at each of the stages.
To make your experience as easy and memorable as possible, we've created detailed information guide regarding your accommodation package option - BOAT. Please read this guide before the race. We look forward to spending 5 incredible days on 4 incredible islands with you! Registrations for the race Registration desk will be open only one day before the prologue, on 08.04.2019. Registration is possible in teams only. Both participants have to present themselves at the registration desk. Start numbers will be given to you only if you bring a signed PERSONAL WORKSHEET to the registration desk.
Please also bring a document with a photo (ID / passport / driving licence) and for UCI licenced riders a valid UCI ELITE licence.
Registration desk working hours: Monday 08.04.2019: 10:00 – 22:00 congress hall "Menta" UCI Elite Registration desk working hours: Monday 08.04.2019: 18:00 – 20:00 congress hall "Menta" Info Point & registration address: Emila Geistlicha 39, 51523 Baška, Croatia (hotel Corinthia) !3 Unique Race in the world of MTB
Bike depot It is very simple, your bike is cruising with you and that means your boat is your bike depo. Professional and friendly stuff on the boats will help you with getting your bikes on the boat. Bike service A top-class service will be provided by Giant Croatia, the official sponsor of the Mitas 4 Islands MTB Stage Race.
If you want to have your bike serviced, you should request it at the bike depot while handing your bike. We also advise you to do it as soon as possible after the race stage. Serviced bikes can be collected at the bike depot 60 minutes before the start of each stage at the latest and can be handed for service immediately after the finish of each stage. Bike service and bike parts will be available one day before the prologue as well as throughout the race.
All services will be provided on site, including fork & shock services, wheel building and tuning, tubeless conversions, etc. The following spare parts will be available: tires, tubes, wheels, wheel axles, chains, cassettes, chainrings, cranks, shifters, derailleurs, cables, cable hoses, lubes, brakes, brake pads and disc rotors, brake hose and oil handlebars, grips, seat posts, saddles, water bottles and bottle cages, helmets, and hydro(back) packs. !4 Unique Race in the world of MTB
PLEASE make sure to bring any equipment that is peculiar to your bike such as derailleur hangers, quick links, etc.
There will be a service point at each feed zone with an experienced mechanic and basic replacement parts available (including spare tires) to repair your bike and get you to the finish line. The service at the feed zones is free of charge but any spare parts used will be charged. Bike repair service is not included in the starting fee and all costs must be settled when collecting the bike. If you have had your bike serviced and/or parts used/installed, please make sure to pay for them at the end of the day or in the early morning of the next day. Otherwise you will not be able collect your bike from the bike depot and start the next race stage.
Repair shop will accept cash payments in EURO and Croatian KUNA as well as credit card payments.
- Bike service working hours: 08.4.2019: REGISTRATIONS, BAŠKA, ISLAND OF KRK
- 10:00 - 22:00 09.4.2019: PROLOGUE, BAŠKA, ISLAND OF KRK
- 07:30 - 19:00 10.4.2019: KRK, ISLAND OF KRK
- 07:00 - 09:00
- 12:30 - 18:00 11.04.2019. RAB, ISLAND OF RAB
- 09:30 - 10:30
- 14:00 - 19:00 12.4.2019: MERAG, ISLAND OF CRES
- 09:30 - 10:30
- 13:30 - 18:00 13.4.2019: MALI LOŠINJ, ISLANDS OF MALI LOŠINJ
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 14:30 - 18:00 !5 Unique Race in the world of MTB
Daily briefings Daily briefings will be held in the evening hours after each stage on four locations: Hotel Corinthia in Baška (08 April & 09 April), Hotel Koralj in Krk (10th April) and Hotel Sahara (11th April) and in Hotel Vespera in Mali Lošinj (12th April).
Briefings will last approximately 45 minutes and provide you with detailed information regarding the following stage. Any changes regarding the stages and transfers that can occur due to sudden new circumstances will also be communicated in these briefings.
- 08.4.2019: BAŠKA, Island of KRK
- 20:00 hotel Corinthia, congress hall "Lavanda" - briefing for the Prologue 09.4.2019: BAŠKA, Island of KRK
- 20:00 hotel Corinthia, congress hall "Lavanda"- briefing for the Stage 1 10.4.2019: KRK, Island of KRK
- 20:00 hotel Koralj - briefing for the Stage 2 11.04.2019. RAB, THE ISLANDS OF RAB
- 20:00 hotel Sahara - briefing for the Stage 3 12.4.2019: MALI LOŠINJ, Island of LOŠINJ
- 20:00 hotel Vespera - briefing for the Stage 4 Welcome drink & Press conference Feel free to join us at the opening press conference and enjoy with us the latest race announcements and interviews with elite riders, sponsors and racers from all over the world. After the conference we will serve welcome drinks and continue to chitchat in good company. The press conference and welcome drinks will be organised at Hotel Corinthia - Baška at 18:00 on 08 April.
6 Unique Race in the world of MTB
- Prologue 15:30
- Stage 1 15:00
- Stage 2 15:00
- Stage 3 15:30
- Stage 4 14:30 After each stage the organizer will provide leader's jersey in all categories. They will be handed out to riders during the briefing for next stage and it is obligatory for winners to attend ceremony. The overall winner ceremony will be held after the Stage 4 at the finish area and it is obligatory for all winners. It will be held on:
- Main square in Mali Lošinj on 13 April 2019 at 15:30 The finisher’s party is open to all participants, regardless of whether they have completed the race or not. It will be held at race base 4 in Sunčana uvala (Hotel Vespera, island of Mali Lošinj). For us, organizers, this is the time to meet you in a more relaxed atmosphere. It is also an opportunity to exchange our experiences and stories and communicate our passion for bikes. In your start package you will receive vouchers for free drinks. Meals During all stages, meals for participants will be served approximately 30 minutes after first finishers enter the finish area and will end 15 minutes after the time limit for the stage. Photo service Photo service of participants during the race will be provided by Spotograf. Based on you starting number you will be able to buy your photos in full resolution. During the race, Sportograf photographers will capture iconic moments of each and every rider. The digital photographs will be !7 Unique Race in the world of MTB
available online a few days after the race. The can be ordered on sportograf. com. Please note that these photos are exclusively for private use and may not be used commercially. www.sportograf.com Official signalisation Just so you know what types of marks and signs we will be using on the 4 Islands trails, here’s a list of all official “traffic” signs that you will be seeing along the stages which will be providing you information about elements of the trails themselves. The route will be marked from start to the finish and the only thing you need to do is to stay focused and follow them.
8 Unique Race in the world of MTB ORANGE BUSHMARK - The paper busmark will indicate that you are ON the route.
- Your rider number
- Your position in the race - what km from the start
- An explanation of what happened
- A short explanation of the injury
- Are you able to walk to the closest road (if the injury happens at the inaccessible path, single trail).
Remain calm and stay where you are if you are safe. If possible move off the track to avoid further collisions. Remain with your teammate. TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER +385915756587 - in the case of bike failure please call the technical support number and arrange a place to be picked up. Additional information Traveling by boat at 4 Islands stage race is definitely very comfortable way regarding to race logistics and leaves some place to fine adjustments at very last moment providing you the best experience possible. Please relax, and let the experienced crew take care of you and they will gladly answer all questions you might have during the race.
9 Unique Race in the world of MTB
- Daily routine MONDAY 08.04.2019.
- 10:00 - 22:00 Registrations - congress hall “Menta”
- 17:00 - 18:00 Q&A with pro riders - confess hall Lavanda
- 18:00 - 20:00 Opening UCI registrations - congress hall Menta
- 18:00 - 19:00 Welcome drinks - congress hall Lavanda
- 20:00 - 21:00 Briefing for Prologue - congress hall Lavanda TUESDAY 09.04.2019. / PROLOGUE
- 10:00 - 15:00 Start of prologue
- 12:30 - 16:00 Lunch
- 15:30 Winners ceremony of Prologue / leader’s jersey announcement
- 20:00 Briefing for Stage 1 WEDNESDAY 10.04.2019. - STAGE 1 / KRK
- 08:00 - 10:00 Hand luggage handing
- 10:00 Start of Stage 1
- 12:30 - 17:00 Lunch
- 15:00 Winners ceremony for Stage 1 / leader's jersey announcement
- 17:00 Stage 1 Time Limit
- 20:00 Briefing for Stage 2 THURSDAY 11.04.2019. - STAGE 2 / RAB
- 09:30 - 11:00 Hand luggage handing
- 11:00 Start of Stage 2
- 13:30 - 18:00 Lunch
- 15:00 Winners ceremony for Stage 2 / leader's jersey announcement
- 18:00 Stage 2 Time Limit
- 20:00 Briefing for Stage 3 !10 Unique Race in the world of MTB
- FRIDAY 12.04.2019. - STAGE 3 / CRES
- 09:20 - 10:45 Hand luggage handing
- 10:45 Start of Stage 3
- 14:30 - 18:00 Lunch
- 15:30 Winners ceremony for Stage 3 / leader's jersey announcement
- 17:45 Stage 3 Time Limit
- 20:00 Briefing for Stage 4 (hotel Vespera) SATURDAY 13.04.2019. - STAGE 4 / LOŠINJ
- 10:00 - 11:00. Hand luggage handing
- 11:00 Start of Stage 4
- 13:00 - 16:15 Lunch
- 14:30 Winners ceremony for Stage 4
- 16:00 Stage 4 Time Limit
- 16:15 Final Award ceremony (finish area)
- 21:00 Finisher's Party (hotel Vespera) Transfers and luggage Due to logistical complexity of the race, transfers of bikes, participants and luggage are a very important factor for a positive race experience. Upon registration each participant will receive hand luggage label with adequate straps which need to be attached to the bags. Hand luggage - the organizer will arrange transfer of one piece of properly labeled hand language. Hand luggage can be dropped off every day before the start and will be delivered to you after each stage at the finish area. The term “hand luggage” refers to a bag with maximum capacity of 25 litres. Bear in mind that traveling across sea largely depends on weather conditions. Due to various circumstances and the captains’ judgements related to safe navigation, there is a possibility that the schedule will change at any given moment. Consequently, slight changes in transfer schedules may occur as well, but all detailed information regarding each following stage will be provided to you at the info desk and in daily briefings.
In terms of race logistics, feel free to relax as we arrange all required transfers on your behalf. !11 Unique Race in the world of MTB
At following picture you can see RACE OVERVIEW map and get more perception where the race is traveling !12 Unique Race in the world of MTB
Elevation profiles Prologue : Island of KRK START TIME: start time of each team will be announced the day before START / FINISH: Baška / Baška Stage 1: Island of KRK START: 10:00 TIME LIMIT: 17:00 START / FINISH: Baška / Krk !13 Unique Race in the world of MTB
Stage 2: Island of RAB START: 11:00 TIME LIMIT: 18:00 START / FINISH: Lopar ferry port / Lopar Stage 3: Island of CRES START: 10:45 TIME LIMIT: 17:45 START / FINISH: Merag / Osor !14
Stage 4: Island of LOŠINJ START: 11:00 TIME LIMIT: 16:00 START / FINISH: Mali Lošinj / Mali Logistic information !15
Sponsors & Partners !16 TITLE SPONSORS GOLD SPONSORS SPONSORS INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERS PARTNERS & SUPPLIERS