Chevrolet SS 2016 Brochure
Chevrolet SS 2016 Brochure
A LEGACY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED. Chevrolet SS is the sophisticated performance sedan with an acclaimed global pedigree. The 415-horsepower LS3 V8 is matched to the 6-speed paddle-shift automatic or the available 6-speed manual transmission. And the new refined look takes SS temptation to even hotter levels. LED front signature lighting and redesigned front fascia add mysterious allure. Functional hood vents and Brembo® brakes with new red calipers make an emphatic performance statement. It’s not just world-class. Chevrolet SS is in a powerful class of one.
SS in Phantom Black Metallic with available features.
SS in Phantom Black Metallic with available features. EVERY LINE. EVERY CURVE. REFLECTIONS OF THE POWER WITHIN.
- 1 2 3 AN EXQUISITE BALANCE OF PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY. 1.
- Quad-tipped dual-mode exhaust adds to an aggressive look. 2.
- New Ultra Bright machined-face 19-inch aluminum wheels with massive Brembo® brake calipers in red catch the eye while offering superior control. 3.
- LED front signature lighting enhances the iconic design, and the redesigned front fascia with lower openings provides improved cooling while reducing aerodynamic lift. EXTERIOR DESIGN 1 Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to gmaccessorieszone.com or see your dealer.
POISED PERFORMER. With perfectly sculpted proportions, the redesigned front fascia with newly added functional ducts provides improved engine cooling and reduced aerodynamic drag. And, if that isn’t enough, the quad-tipped dual-mode exhaust takes the intensity up a notch. ATHLETIC STANCE. With new Ultra Bright machined-face 19-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in summer-only performance tires,1 SS has the refined agility of a tuned sport sedan. Brembo brakes with impressive calipers, now in red, offer exceptional control and stopping power. ILLUMINATING DETAIL. New signature LED daytime running lamps are paired with standard high-intensity discharge headlamps.
Forward-looking ambient light sensors are included for more rapid automatic headlamp activation. SS in Slipstream Blue Metallic with available features.
PERFORMANCE SS in Silver Ice Metallic with available features. LS3 V8. It powered the C6 Corvette, and is one of the great V8 engines of the modern era. Clearly, the 415-horsepower 6.2L small block V8 separates SS from any V6-powered would-be competitor. ZERO TO 60 IN 4.7 SECONDS. With a 6-speed automatic transmission, limitedslip rear differential and Traction Control, SS will rush from 0 to 60 mph before you finish this sentence. STREET CAR/RACE CAR. The production SS makes an authentic connection — it is the only car with the same rear-wheeldrive small block V8 configuration as its NASCAR® sibling.
415 LB.-FT. OF TORQUE 4.7SECONDS 0 TO 60 MPH 415 HORSEPOWER
A ROBUST FOUNDATION. The backbone of the SS sedan is its ultra-high-strength steel structure.
The extensive use of high-strength aluminum components enhances handling and contributes to the solid, confident feel. SPORT-TUNED SUSPENSION. The dynamic SS driving experience is the result of intensive racetrack testing. The Sport-Tuned suspension combines with variable-assist Electric Power Steering and a near perfect 50/50 weight distribution for optimal handling. BREMBO BRAKES ALL AROUND. SS offers Brembo® 4-piston disc brakes with 2-piece aluminum calipers and 14-inch rotors on all four wheels. Electronic Brake Assist senses how hard and fast you hit the brake pedal and provides assistance if necessary.
MAGNETIC SELECTIVE RIDE CONTROL. With Magnetic Selective Ride Control™ — the world’s fastest-reacting damping system — SS has the agility of a performance sedan and the refined ride of a luxury car. This standard system offers three selectable modes: Tour, Sport and Performance.
NEW DUAL-MODE EXHAUST. Hear that growl? That’s the sound of SS. Translation: Don’t provoke me. The new standard quad-tipped dual-mode exhaust raises the aggression level as you shift the driving mode from Tour to Sport to Performance. SS in Red Hot 2 with available features. “A brilliant rear-wheel-drive sports sedan.” — Yahoo.com
PREMIUM DETAILS. The instrument panel includes an integrated center stack that combines a standard navigation system, infotainment, climate and other controls — conveniently putting everything you need within arm’s reach.
And, visually, it is stunning, with exquisitely detailed stitching and distinctive satin and chrome finishes adorning a black background. FULL-SIZE COMFORT. Leather-appointed performance seats with firm bolsters, sueded microfiber inserts and lumbar support keep you firmly in place, while twin needle-and-deck stitching offers a luxurious look. The 10-way power seats are heated and ventilated, allowing customization for different driver preferences. With seating for five plus 39.7 inches of leg room for rear-seat passengers, SS is — unquestionably — a full-size performance sedan.
COCKPIT CONSULTANT. A color screen in the center of the instrument cluster displays vehicle and trip information, as well as warnings and messages, while informing you of your speed, fuel economy statistics, navigation cues, whether or not rear passengers have their safety belts buckled, and more.
CHEVROLET MYLINK.1 Equipped with a newly designed radio and standard GPS-based navigation, the system’s graphic interface features intuitive controls and a large, 8-inch diagonal high-resolution color touch-screen. Listen to music on Pandora® Internet Radio,2 and enjoy hands-free interaction with Bluetooth® wireless technology.3 SIRI EYES FREE.
Chevrolet is the first vehicle manufacturer to offer Siri Eyes Free4 to select iPhone® users. The system allows limited hands-free interaction when you really need it for important messages. SIRIUSXM SATELLITE RADIO. Featuring 150 channels of commercial-free music, talk, comedy, news, family programming and more, SiriusXM5 offers something for everyone. Enjoy NavTraffic and Travel Link with a standard 12-month subscription of SiriusXM.5 INTERNET IN YOUR SS. After initial setup, whenever your SS is on, the available OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot6 is automatically on too. It includes a data trial for 3 months or 3 GB (whichever comes first).
It offers great signal quality and bandwidth for up to seven devices. 6 Additionally, the OnStar Guidance Plan7 is standard for six months.
TECHNOLOGY 1 MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. MyLink on SS does not include CD player. Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. 2 Data plan rates apply. 3 Go to my.chevrolet.com/learn to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle. 4 Requires Chevrolet MyLink and compatible iPhone running iOS 6 or later. 5 For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. 6 Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan.
4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. 7 Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- 1 2 3 INFORMATION INTELLIGENTLY DISPLAYED. 1.
- Automatic Parking Assist provides hands-free parking by accurately detecting a space and taking over the steering to neatly maneuver your SS into an available space. 2.
- Color Head-Up Display (HUD) projects vital information, such as speed and turn-by-turn navigation, directly into your field of vision on the windshield. 3. Stay connected with the intuitive Chevrolet MyLink1 infotainment system. 1 MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. MyLink on SS does not include CD player. Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
FORWARD COLLISION ALERT. This feature continually monitors how close your vehicle is to the vehicle in front of you. If the system determines that a front-end collision with a detected vehicle is imminent, it alerts the driver to a potential crash. It also warns the driver if their SS is following a detected vehicle much too closely. SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT. This feature uses radar sensors on both sides of the vehicle to help “look” for other vehicles in your side blind zone areas and indicates their presence with LED-lit symbols in the exterior mirrors.
REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT. Using the same radar sensors as the Side Blind Zone Alert feature, Rear Cross Traffic Alert helps alert drivers to approaching traffic when backing up. If an approaching vehicle is detected, the driver is warned with visual and audible alerts. LANE DEPARTURE WARNING. If you unintentionally change lanes without a turn signal, this camera-based system sends an alert. The camera, mounted near the inside rearview mirror, reads traffic lane markings when identifiable and provides audible and visual alerts. AUTOMATIC PARKING ASSIST. This ingenious system enables the vehicle to detect viable parking spaces, determine approach angles and take over the steering to neatly maneuver into an available space.
Throttle, brake and gear selection input is still required by the driver, but the vehicle steers itself into any suitable-sized parallel or perpendicular (90-degree) parking spot.
REAR VISION CAMERA. When traveling in reverse at low speeds, the rear vision camera allows you to see stationary objects behind you. SAFETY STARTS WITH YOU. Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the SS Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
SPECIAL FEATURES SS. MAXIMIZED. These are just a few of the impressive features available for your 2016 SS. For a complete list of features and accessories, check out chevrolet.com.
20" split 5-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheel. 1 1 Use only GM-approved wheel/tire combinations. See gmaccessorieszone.com for details.
Hood and Rear Compartment Lid Decals in Red and Rear Spoiler in Phantom Black available from Chevrolet Accessories. Black Side Fender Vent available from Chevrolet Accessories. Front Fascia Grille Surrounds available from Chevrolet Accessories. Engine Cover in Red available from Chevrolet Accessories.
COLORS PHANTOM BLACK METALLIC REGAL PEACOCK GREEN METALLIC SILVER ICE METALLIC RED HOT 2 MYSTIC GREEN METALLIC HERON WHITE SLIPSTREAM BLUE METALLIC SOME LIKE IT HOT RED METALLIC PHANTOM BLACK METALLIC JUNGLE GREEN METALLIC WHEELS FABRICS 19" Ultra Bright Machined-Face Cast-Aluminum1 (Standard) Jet Black Leather Appointments with Red Accent Stitching 1 These wheels are paired with summer-only tires.
Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to gmaccessorieszone.com or see your dealer.
- STANDARD AVAILABLE — NOT AVAILABLE 1 These wheels are paired with summer-only tires. Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to gmaccessorieszone.com or see your dealer. 2 Includes 3.70 rear axle ratio. 3 Deletes remote vehicle starter system. 4 Not available with 6-speed manual transmission. 5 A NOTE ABOUT CHILD SAFETY: Always use safety belts and the correct child restraint for your child’s age and size, even with air bags.
Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the Owner’s Manual and the child safety seat instructions for more safety information. 6 Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. 7 Excludes spare tire. 8 Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
MyLink on SS does not include CD player. Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. 9 Go to my.chevrolet.com/learn to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle. 10 Requires Chevrolet MyLink and compatible iPhone running iOS 6 or later. 11 Visit my.chevrolet.com/learn for vehicle and smartphone eligibility. 12 Not compatible with all devices. 13 If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply.
To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about Travel Link and NavTraffic, visit siriusxm. com/infotainment. 14 Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. SS EXTERIOR Antenna: Integral, rear window
- Automatic Parking Assist
- Door handles: Body-color with chrome accent
- Headlamps: High-intensity discharge with automatic exterior lamp control
- Mirrors: Heated, power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding, driver-side auto-dimming with memory
- Rear spoiler
- Sill plate: Bright accent
- Wipers: Front intermittent, Rainsense
- ENGINE/CHASSIS Battery: Rundown protection
- Brakes: 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc; electric parking brake
- Brakes: Front Brembo® 4-piston ventilated, 14" disc; rear Brembo 4-piston 14.2" disc
- Differential: Limited-slip, rear
- Engine: 6.2L V8 SFI (LS3) with 415 hp @ 5900 rpm and 415 lb.-ft.
of torque @ 4600 rpm
- Exhaust: Dual-mode, dual-outlet stainless steel, bright-finish, dual-tip/side
- Rear axle ratio (automatic): 3.27
- Steering: Power, non-variable-ratio, electric
- Suspension: Sport-tuned with Magnetic Selective Ride Control; MacPherson strut front and multilink independent rear
- 6-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift® manual shift control
- 6-speed manual transmission with launch control 2, 3 Transmission oil cooler
- 4 SS SAFETY & SECURITY Air bags:5 Dual-stage frontal, thorax side-impact and knee for driver and front passenger and head-curtain side-impact for front and rear outboard seating positions
- Daytime running lamps: LED
- Forward Collision Alert
- Keyless Access: Passive entry with push-button start
- Lane Departure Warning
- OnStar Guidance Plan6 (standard for the first six months, trial excludes Hands-Free Calling minutes), includes Automatic Crash Response and Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear vision camera
- Remote vehicle starter system
- 4 Side Blind Zone Alert
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System with Traction Control and Brake Assist
- Theft-deterrent system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System7
- INTERIOR Assist handles: Rear outboard
- Climate control: Dual-zone automatic
- Compass and outside temperature display
- Driver Information Center: Color display; includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Driver memory: Recalls three driver presets for power driver seat and outside mirrors
- Floor mats: Carpeted, front and rear
- SS INTERIOR (CONTINUED) Head-Up Display: Color digital readouts for vehicle speed, selected gear, audio system information, high beam indicator, compass, outside air temperature, turn signals, tachometer, vehicle messages, OnStar6 Turn-by-Turn Navigation information and phone information
- Lighting: Front and rear dome; front and rear map
- Mirror: Rearview, auto-dimming
- Shift knob: Leather-wrapped
- Steering wheel: Leather-wrapped, Sport, with cruise and audio controls
- Sunroof: Power with express-open SEATING Front Sport buckets with adjustable head restraints; 3-passenger rear seat with rear center armrest
- Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats
- Power-adjustable driver and front passenger seats: 10-way, includes power lumbar control
- AUDIO SYSTEMS Chevrolet MyLink8 Radio with turn-by-turn navigation with 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen; hands-free smartphone integration with mobile app capability, Bluetooth® audio streaming,9 voice-activated technology, Siri Eyes Free,10 Text Message Alerts,11 Gracenote® and USB port12
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio13 All Access Package, SiriusXM NavTraffic13 and Travel Link13 with 12-month subscription
- 9-speaker Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound System
- OnStar 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot for up to seven devices,14 includes data trial for 3 months or 3 GB (whichever comes first)
- WHEELS 19" x 8.5" front and 19" x 9" rear, Ultra Bright machined-face cast-aluminum
- Tires: 245/40R19 front and 275/35R19 rear; blackwall, summer only1
- Full-size spare tire/wheel (deletes tire inflation kit) Tire inflation kit
DIMENSIONS Width 74.7" Front Track 62.6" Rear Track 62.4" Length 195.5" Wheelbase 114.8" Height 57.9" YOUR COMPREHENSIVE OWNER BENEFIT PROGRAM. Complimentary first two visits for Scheduled Maintenance (oil and filter changes, tire rotations and multipoint vehicle inspections).1 5 years/60,000 miles of Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation.2 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty.2 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty.2 6 years/100,000 miles of Rust-Through Protection.2 5 years of OnStar Basic Plan3 including select features of the RemoteLink mobile app.4 6 months of OnStar Guidance Plan.5 Experience Chevrolet Complete Care, a comprehensive coverage, warranty and protection program that comes standard with every new 2016 Chevrolet SS lease and purchase.
Simply, it is designed around you, to make it easy to keep your Chevrolet like new — and give you the confidence you deserve when you need it most. 1 Maintenance visits must occur within two years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details. 2 Whichever comes first. See dealer for details. 3 Does not include emergency or security services. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. 4 Requires compatible mobile device and active OnStar subscription. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.
5 Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. 6 Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
CHEVROLET.COM/ACCESSORIES CHEVROLET.COM/WARRANTY SIRIUSXM.COM ONSTAR.COM MAXIMUM CAPACITIES OWNERSHIP EXTRAS EPA-ESTIMATED FUEL ECONOMY 6.2L V8 with 6-speed automatic transmission 14 MPG city/20 highway/16 combined 6.2L V8 with 6-speed manual transmission 14 MPG city/22 highway/17 combined FUEL TANK (APPROXIMATE) 18.8 gallons PASSENGER VOLUME 106.9 cubic feet (104.9 cubic feet with sunroof)/seats 5 CARGO VOLUME6 16.4 cubic feet
TWITTER.COM/CHEVROLET YOUTUBE.COM/CHEVROLET FACEBOOK.COM/CHEVROLET IMPORTANT INFORMATION GM, the GM logo, Chevrolet, the Chevrolet logo, and the slogans, emblems, vehicle model names, vehicle body designs and other marks appearing in this catalog are the trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors.
2015 OnStar. All rights reserved. SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. The Bluetooth word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such mark by Chevrolet is under license. Bose and Centerpoint are registered trademarks of the Bose Corp. Brembo is a registered trademark of Brembo S.p.A. NASCAR is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc.
2015 General Motors. All rights reserved. December 2015 CHEVROLET OWNER CENTER (MY.CHEVROLET.COM) Everything you need to know. Anything you need to do. Your Chevrolet Owner Center makes it easy. Create your account today to get the most out of your new vehicle. Get special alerts and offers, schedule service, review your maintenance schedule, and view how-to videos specifically for your vehicle. All online, anytime. Visit the Owner Center today to register or take a tour. ENGINES Chevrolet products are equipped with engines produced by GM Powertrain or other suppliers to GM worldwide. The engines in Chevrolet products may also be used in other GM makes and models.
ASSEMBLY Chevrolet vehicles and their components are assembled or produced by different operating units of General Motors, its subsidiaries or suppliers to GM worldwide. We sometimes find it necessary to produce Chevrolet vehicles with different or differently sourced components than originally scheduled. Since some options may be unavailable when your vehicle is assembled, we suggest you verify that your vehicle includes the equipment you ordered and that, if there were changes, they are acceptable to you. ONSTAR OnStar services require vehicle electrical system (including battery), wireless service and GPS satellite signals to be available and operating for features to function properly.
See the Owner’s Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information. IMPORTANT WORDS ABOUT THIS CATALOG We have tried to make this catalog comprehensive and factual. We reserve the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, models and availability. Specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and other numbers in this catalog and other printed materials provided at the dealership or affixed to vehicles are approximations based on design and engineering drawings, prototypes and laboratory tests.
Your vehicle may differ due to variations in manufacture and equipment. Since some information may have been updated since the time of printing, please check with your Chevrolet dealer for complete details. Chevrolet reserves the right to lengthen or shorten the model year for any product for any reason or to start and end model years at different times. Certain vehicle features may lose their usefulness over time due to obsolescence from technological changes. Unless otherwise noted, all claims based on GM Large Car Sedan segment and latest available competitive information. Excludes other GM vehicles.
FLEET ORDERS Some standard content may be deleted on fleet orders. See dealer for details. CHEVROLET OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE Chevrolet is committed to enhancing the vehicle shopping and ownership experience through a wide array of programs. Visit chevrolet.com to build and price, find a vehicle, request a quote, compare vehicles, find financial tools or track your vehicle order. You’ll also find information about 24-hour Roadside Assistance, Courtesy Transportation, Customer Assistance, GM Mobility, safety and current incentives. CHEVROLET.COM/SAFETY Chevrolet is committed to keeping you and your family safe — from the start of your journey to your destination.
That’s why every Chevrolet is designed with a comprehensive list of safety and security features to help give you peace of mind.
GMMOBILITY.COM (1-800-323-9935) GM Mobility℠ offers financial assistance for eligible adaptive equipment to make automotive travel easier for persons with disabilities or special transportation needs. To learn more about special GM Mobility offers, visit gmmobility.com. THE BUYPOWER CARD The Chevrolet BuyPower Card — Every purchase you make with the BuyPower Card from Capital One* helps you earn toward an eligible new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle. There’s no limit on the amount you can earn or redeem, and your Earnings don’t expire. Visit chevroletbuypowercard.com/catalogs.
Capital One, N.A.
is the issuer of the BuyPower Card. General Motors (“GM”) is responsible for the operation and administration of the Earnings program. WARRANTY 5-YEAR/60,000-MILE TRANSFERABLE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY Every 2016 Chevrolet passenger car, light-duty truck, SUV and crossover comes with a 5-year/60,000-mile (whichever comes first) transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty. Plus, you get 5 years/60,000 miles (whichever comes first) of the 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program, the Courtesy Transportation Program, and much more. See dealer for details. NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY GM vehicles registered in the USA are covered for 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first).
The complete vehicle is covered, including tires, towing to your nearest Chevrolet dealership and cosmetic corrosion resulting from defects. Repairs will be made to correct any vehicle defect, and most warranty repairs will be made at no charge. In addition, rust-through corrosion will be covered for 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first). See dealer for details.