YMCA of Greater Saint John Summer Day Camps 2015
2 Summer is a time for kids to be kids! It’s a chance to play, to run and to be free from the busy school schedule. Time spent being physically active and social is more important now than ever before. That’s why the YMCA offers day camps, so that every child can reach their full potential. Through fun physical activities, kids learn about themselves and grow in self-confidence as they develop new skills and meet new people in a safe and caring environment. Check out everything we have to offer in this brochure and online: www.saintjohny.com.
We hope your child will join us for a summer they will never forget! CAMP LOCATIONS Prince Edward Square (Uptown . ___ 646-2384
Millidgeville Community Centre . ___ 632-6157
Glenn Carpenter Centre . ___ 693-9622
Forest Glen Community Centre . ___ 658-2816
Quispamsis Community Centre . ___ 849-5784
Bill McGuire Centre . ___ 849-5784
Barnhill Memorial (West Side . ___ 646-2111
Early Learning Centre (Uptown . ___ 634-4189
Camp Glenburn . ___ 832-5632
CAMP HOURS NOW OPEN LATER, TO SERVE YOU BETTER! All Y Day Camp programs run Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 6 pm.
Please have your child at camp by 9:00 am as some programming does take place off-site. All children will return to their centre no later than 4:00 pm. All Camps will be closed on both July 1 and August 3 holidays. Please note that prices for holiday weeks have been adjusted. A late fee of $20 for any part of the first 15 minutes and an extra $5 for each additional 5 minutes or part thereof will be charged to parents. Payment is due at time of pick up. All children must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian. If you are making other arrangements for pick up, please inform your child’s counsellor in advance.
TRANSPORTATION SERVICE For $10 per week, the Y will provide transportation daily to all of the new and popular longstanding programs at the Glenn Carpenter Centre, making the daily routine easier for parents. The Y bus will leave the Prince Edward Square Mall at 8:00 am and return to the mall at 4:45 pm. Parents are responsible for their children before and after the bus run. Transportation will also be available for one week to our Camp Glenburn Day Camp. Pick up and drop off will take place at Prince Edward Square and the QPlex. The bus will leave PES at 8:00 am and Qplex at 8:30 am. It will return to the Qplex at 4:30 pm and PES at 5:00 pm.
Parents are responsible for children before and after the bus run. Welcome to YMCA Day Camps!
WE NEED YOUR HELP Every child should have the opportunity to lead a healthy, fulfilling life, and every parent deserves the chance to make that happen. Thanks to our donors, hundreds of children and youth have the opportunity to go to camp. Please donate to help us ensure that every child gets the chance to learn new skills, meet new friends, and make camp memories to last a lifetime. 100% of every gift supports campers in need. Please donate today by calling (506) 634-4937 or donate through the camp registration process.
YMCA STRONG KIDS OPPORTUNITY FUND No one should miss out on a YMCA Camping experience.
That’s why the YMCA offers financial assistance and flexible payment plans to assist those whose financial circumstances would otherwise prevent them from enjoying summer camp. Please contact us for more information or visit our website for an application. HEALTHY KIDS DAY - JUNE 7, 2015 12-4pm JOIN US for a FREE day of family activities at the YMCA Glenn Carpenter Centre celebrating YMCA Healthy Kids Day. Walk the trails, canoe/kayak, swim, play tree golf, jump on the water trampoline, bike the trails, get your face painted, try archery and just have fun! HOW TO REACH US Mailing Address 130 Broadview Avenue, Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 5C5 T: (506) 693-YMCA (9622) F: (506) 634-4180 www.saintjohny.com Every kid deserves a chance.
- Wet, Wild and Wacky (7-12 years)
- $130/week Join us for everything water! Swimming, canoeing, kayaking, water trampoline, water fights, sliding and more. A great way to cool off this summer! Wilderness Adventure Camp (9-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will explore the outdoors by participating in Rockwood Park adventures, canoeing, hiking at the Glenn Carpenter Centre and a day trip to Camp Glenburn on the Kingston Peninsula. Wild Backyard (7-12 years)
- $130/week Explore the great outdoors without even leaving the city! Campers will enjoy activities on the lake such as canoeing, swimming and the water trampoline as well as activities in the woods like hiking, camouflage, scavenger hunts and more! Wild for Water (5-12 years)
- $150/week Love the water? Want to spend all week enjoying everything water? This is it! Spend a day at the beach, a day at the lake; learn about tides, and even do some water experiments.
- Wilderness Explorers (5-12 years)
- $150/week Spend the week in the great outdoors! Visit Irving Nature Park and their many trails, as well as, a trip to Rockwood Park. Be sure to collect lots of outdoor treasures to make a one of a kind keepsake. Willy Wonka Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Bring your sweet tooth and join your friends to make your own candy. End the week with a bang when each camper makes their own candy bouquet to take home and enjoy with their family. Woodworking Camp (8-12 years)
- $150/week Enjoy a week of hands-on building with wood. Campers will have the opportunity to explore with real woodworking tools, nails, hammers, measuring tape and learn to add the finishing touches. Participants may even bring home their own homemade bird house to proudly put on display in their own yard. Youth Leadership Camp (12-14 years)
- $100/week This program provides youth with the opportunitytopushthemselvesasaleader. Youth will learn the basics of leadership, acquire camp related skills, gain experience in team building and assist in planning special camp activities.
14 3 REGISTRATION Registration for all camps is on a weekly basis. Part-time registration requests will only be considered if spaces are still available at the beginning of the week. Registration forms are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and will begin Wednesday April 1, 2015. All children registering for camps must have completed kindergarten. Once the registration form has been completed and received with payment, your child will be registered for camp. Note: A second child discount of $5 will be offered to each additional child after the first one that registers, from the same family, for the same full week.
PAYMENT Payment may be made in person by cheque or cash, and online by Visa, Mastercard or American Express. All post-dated cheques must be dated 2 weeks prior to the start of camp week(s) selected. Any returned cheques will be subject to a $25 administration fee. All Day Camp receipts will be mailed out at the end of the tax season. Refunds may only be requested for the full week, if your child is not attending. All refund requests must be made at least one week prior to the start date of camp week and will be subject to a $10 administration fee. All requests must be made through the Day Camp Administrator at 693-9622.
New and improved online registration is available:www.saintjohny.com Please Note: You will receive an email confirmation once registration is complete. MEDICAL INFORMATION Health and safety are our top priorities. All medications must be given in its original container with the required dosage on the container. Please provide instructions for administering medications. All medications must be given directly to a counsellor upon arrival and a medical form completed by a parent.
- OUR STAFF All YMCA Camp staff have Standard First Aid and CPR Training, Child Protection Training, Emergency Procedures Training, Police Record Check, a Social Development background check and YMCA Day Camp Training. WHAT TO BRING Lunch, drinks, two snacks
- No peanut products please
- Microwaves are not available - Hat and sunscreen - Swimsuit, towel and bag for wet items - Refillable water bottle - Running shoes Please Note: A hot lunch program will be available at the Qplex and Bill McGuire Centre for an additional fee. Information and sign up will be available each Monday at camp. Cash or Cheques only.
We will have fun in all kinds of weather so please dress appropriately, rain or shine. Activities may vary if weather is not appropriate for outdoor play. Please Note: The YMCA is not responsible for any items lost at camp. Please label all clothing and belongings. Lost and found items will be kept for one week at the end of camp.
- Senior Adventure Camp (8–12 years)
- $130/week A traditional camp designed for older children to explore a vast variety of activities. Campers will be able to explore theme and interest groups that may include: arts and crafts, cooperative games, sports, swimming, out trips, special theme days and much more! Ships Ahoy! (7-12 years)
- $150/week Grab a map, hop in your boat and follow the clues that will lead you and your friends to retrieve the sucken treasure of Ashburn Lake. Soccer Camp (5-7 years)
- $150/week Campers will learn the basic skills and drills of the game while they learn teamwork and sportsmanship. This camp is designed to promote fun, friendship and fitness. Sports Galore!
- (7-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will enjoy outdoor sports such as swimming, ultimate frisbee, tree golf, archery, soccer, canoeing and more! Superhero Camp (7-12 years)
- $150/week Bring your superpowers and imagination to the camp for a fun filled battle between superheros! Survivor Challenge (7-12 years)
- $150/week It’s a week of tribe vs. tribe through skill, endurance and crazy challenges. Don’t miss out! Tarzan Camp (7-12 years)
- $150/week Live like Tarzan! Spend the week living in the mighty jungle. If you love animals this is the camp for you! Campers will participate in animal themed activities, trivia, crafts and games. From learning to build huts to exploring his jungle surroundings, this week will be a roaring good time.
- The Great Cook Off (5-12 years)
- $150/week Come join us with your own flair for flavour with the basic recipes of some wonderful treats and dishes. Make your own creations with the ingredients you love and come up with the next best family recipe that can be passed down! You will have lots of items to choose from and time to make your creation before we have the tasters come in to sample. Theatre Camp (8-12 years)
- $120/week Join us for a week of theatre fun! Campers will learn what it takes to put on a show in a theatre. Campers will practice improvising, create their own script and showcase their talents with a show at the end of the week. Trail Blazers (7-12 years)
- $130/week Join us in the woods where we will build teepees, hike the trails, use a map and compass and learn basic outdoor living skills. Treasure Hunters (5-12 years)
- $150/week Calling all Treasure Hunters to the starting line! Join our camp leader for a week of super sleuth activities like Scavenger Hunts, Geocaching and a week long Treasure Hunt that will give campers 2 clues a day to its location.
- Under the Stars (9-14 years)
- $150/week This week you will learn how to pitch a tent, build a fire, cook outdoors and we will finish the week off with a sleepover under the stars. Campers must be picked up by 9:00 am Saturday morning. Variety Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Can’t decide which camps to try? Then join us for a week of 4 camps in one. Campers will get a chance to experience Science Concoctions, Cooking without the Stove, Beach Camp and Art Camp in a fun filled week. Community Centres-Traditional & Specialty Camps We’re not just your average day camp! Each of our Community Centres and additional specialty camps has something unique to offer your child, making their summer day camp experience fun and exciting. Whether it’s climbing on our traverse wall, sliding into the outdoor pool, playing on the playground or enjoying the sports fields, we have their day covered with entertainment and active play. With more than 50 camps to choose from, there is something for everyone!
We also offer specialty camps throughout the summer where your child will have a chance to participate in some of their favorite activities or to try something new. Each camper will have daily specialty time as well as participate in the traditional camp activities such as games, sports, swimming, out trips and theme days. The Glenn Carpenter Centre is a unique place for campers to learn about the natural world around them and to fulfill their spirit of adventure and discovery. With a 40-acre lake and 220-acres of woodland, the Centre provides a near wilderness experience while being only minutes from the city.
Campers in all programs will enjoy lake water activities such as swimming, canoeing, kayaking, water trampoline, time on the field and in the woods as well as the designated specialty time.
- All Ball Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball and more! If you enjoy playing sports, this is the camp for you! Also enjoy activities such as marble painting, making popcorn balls, obstacle course with balls and much more. Animal Adventure Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week Wild about animals? Join us for a week of fun and instructional activities. Activities may include visiting the Animal Rescue League, trip to Cherry Brook Zoo and Rockwood Park, as well as, animal based games and crafts. Archery Camp (8-13 years $ 150/week Youth will learn the basics of archery in a safe and fun atmosphere. By the end of the week you’ll be hitting the bull’s eye!
- Around The World Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years)
- $150/week Around the world MCC style! Come in and explore different countries without leaving the centre. Leave with packed bags filled with food, crafts and souvenirs. Make sure you have your passports stamped as you enter each country. Art Camp (5 -12 years)
- $150/week This camp is sure to bring out the artist in you. The week will include canvas paintings, sequin creations, sketching and sculptures. You will create wonderful masterpieces to proudly display.
- Babysitter Readiness Camp (11-13 years)
- $150/week Do you want to babysit, or are you old enough to start staying home alone? This is a week long camp that will teach you safety, child care, games and basic emergency first aid skills. Participants who successfully complete this camp will receive a certificate of completion from the Red Cross. YMCA Glenn Carpenter Centre Camp Directory 4 13
- 10 Ooey Gooey Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Are you ready to get your hands dirty? Then this camp is for you! Spend the week making stuff that might gross out your mom such as slime, goop, magic mud and much more! So roll up your sleeves and come join us in this fun filled camp. Outback Camp (8-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will love being in the outback for a week; building their own lean to’s, cooking outdoors, heading to the woods for adventures including capture the flag. This camp is not to be missed! Out Trip Camp (7-12 years)
- $120/week Looking to stay happy and busy all week long? Campers will be on the move, participating in all Saint John has to offer. Swimming, climbing, culture and bowling, join us for a different trip each day.
- Paddle Board Camp (10-14 years)
- $150/week Campers will learn how to properly stand up and feel comfortable on the water. With a focus on safety we will work towards a mini tour of Ashburn Lake. Pastry Chef Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week This camp is for those who love to bake delicious pastries and cakes. Campers will spend several hours a day baking and decorating their own creations that they can take home and share with their friends and family every night. 12 5 Ball Hockey Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week Who says you need ice to play hockey? Leave your skates at home, grab your sneakers and join us for some fun. Campers will learn and practice basic skills and demonstrate with games throughout the week. Ball Hockey Camp at the Qplex will take place outside, and campers will need to bring a stick, helment and gloves. Basic Canoeing (11-14 years)
- $150/week This fun-filled program through Canoe Kayak NB will introduce participants to basic canoe and paddle design, canoe safety including paddling a swamped canoe, rescuing a swamped canoe, and basic paddling strokes such as the power stroke, J-stroke and sweep. Through games and activities participants can try manoeuvres like pivots, sideslipping, circles, stopping and paddling in a straight line. Successful participants will receive certification from Canoe Kayak New Brunswick.
- Basketball Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week “Slam Dunk” into summer with some basketball action! Campers will learn and improve their basketball skills, play a game and have fun on and off the court. Beach Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week For children that love to spend their time at the beach! Children will have fun in the sun, sand and water exploring different beaches. Camp Glenburn-Day Camp (7-12 years)
- $150/week This new addition to the Glenburn program is an opportunity for your camper to get a taste of our site and activities. The days will be filled with activities for everyone. Come play on our rockwall, highropes, canoes, kayaks and beach. Not to mention the crafts, games, firebuilding and so much more! Transportation is available for day camp, with a bus leaving from Saint John, stopping at the Qplex in Quispamsis and travelling to Camp Glenburn. Rockstar Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will enjoy the lifestyle of a rockstar! Stylin’ hairstyles, karaoke, rock band competition and YMCA Idol to finish off the week!
- Science Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years)
- $150/week Calling all scientists! Campers will be involved with hands on science experiments and activities such as building a volcano while learning about various scientists. Science Concoctions (5-12 years)
- $150/week Children will mix and stir fun concoctions! They will use a variety of ingredients to see how they change when mixed with water, oil and glue. Campers will try to answer questions; what will happen when we? Through experimentation and exploration campers will discover the answers.
- Scrapbooking Camp (8-12 years)
- $150/week Have you ever wanted to put all your favorite photo’s in one place? Campers will brainstorm ideas, create themes, select photos and create an amazing mini album that is fashioned specifically and uniquely by you! Journaling, embellishments, layout and design are just the beginning. Sign up now to make something special!
- 4 Canoe / Kayak Camp (9-13 years)
- $150/week If you are looking to improve your skills or just have fun, this camp will have you in the water and loving it! Cheetah Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week It’s time to empower girls! Fun art projects, quizzes, role-playing, dancing and cool convos! This camp will motivate and encourage girls to have fun and build self-esteem. Climbing Rocks! (8-12 years)
- $120/week Gain confidence and muscle in the great outdoors. Campers will learn belay commands and techniques while climbing at Rockwood Park, Camp Glenburn and more!
- Cooking Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will learn basic cooking skills, get oriented in the kitchen and will be provided with practical cooking experiences. Cooking Without the Stove (5-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will learn the first steps in cooking, how to shop for groceries, discuss food safety topics and explore with measuring, mixing, and recipes. Each camper will have the chance to make items such as homemade ice cream, jello, playdough and their own specialty sandwiches.
- Crazy Construction Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will make amazing creations out of lego, k’nex, wood and other items. This is the perfect camp for those who love to build big! Creative Kids (7-12 years)
- $150/week Join us in creating a beautiful wall of art at the centre. We will be doing painting, drawing, clay, etc. We will even dabble in graffiti art. Come with your friends and let your imagination go wild! Counsellor-In-Training Program (15-16 years)
- $100/summer The Counsellor-in-Training program is for those who are serious about gaining experience working with children and developing their leadership skills. CIT’s will assist our Counsellors with daily activities and program planning. If you are interested in applying for this program please pick up a CIT package at our Membership Services Desk or online. Wenevermetakid whosepotentialwe couldn’tsee. 11 6 Journey Camp (5-12 years)
- $130/week Are you an action-focused kid who loves the outdoors and also enjoys fun-filled indoor crafts and games? Then this is the summer camp for you! Campers will participate in a variety of land and water-based activities such as swimming, fort building, trail walking, fun science experiments and forest games. Our indoor activities include arts and crafts, games, painting and nature art creations.
- Junior Adventure Camp (5-7 years)
- $130/week Your camper will enjoy traditional camp adventures and age appropriate activities led by our qualified leaders. Children may enjoy gym games, sports, arts and crafts, swimming, out trips, theme days and more! Just the Guys (5-12 years)
- $150/week The guys will “hangout”, get dirty and take part in an epic water battle! Campers will help choose daily sports, games & activities based on their age and interests. Let the fun begin. Literacy Camp (5-12 years)
- $130/week Literacy Camp offers children a full day program that supports and offers continuing literacy development through various themes and weekly field trips. Each child will keep a daily journal which will help to foster and develop their writing skills over the summer months. The summer Literacy Camp is an excellent choice if your child needs to further develop their literacy skills, or maintain their skill level throughout the summer. Themes may include: Cardboard “Not A Box” Challenge, Bugging Out, Science and Health & Fitness.
- Messy Masterpieces (7-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will create their own artistic masterpiece each day. Watch out though – the process will be messy and fun and the product will prove it. “Mind” Craft Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Enjoy a challenge and experience another world through blocks and other mediums in this fun camp! Kids will start by using their minds to develop and craft shelters and face newchallengeseachday,buildingmodelsand crafting key elements. The only thing holding you back is your own imagination! Mountain Bike Camp (9-14 years)
- $150/week Campers will experience the thrilling world of single track biking at the Glenn Carpenter Centre. Lessons will include understanding the working parts of their bikes and how to do basic tune ups. Participants must have their own bike and helmet.
- Movin ‘N’ Groovin (5-12 years)
- $150/week Interpreting life through sound, we will explore many dance styles from different eras as well as crafts and activities based on music and dance themes. Campers will showcase their creative and high energy masterpieces at the end of the week in a unforgettable talent show. Myth Busters (5-12 years)
- $150/week You’ve seen them on t.v., now it’s time to bust some myths yourself. We’ll tackle the “5 second rule” and see if it really holds true. We’ll confirm the mentos and diet coke experiment and see if we can make it even better! It is sure to be a week of eye opening myth busting.
- Nature Art (7-12 years)
- $150/week Calling all creative campers! Join us in the great outdoors where we will create a unique masterpiece using materials from the natural environment.
- Glitz and Glam (5-12 years)
- $150/week Calling all glamorous divas! Join in this camp for a week of dancing, fun crafts, young lady makeup application, how to do the latest and hippest hair styles, musicality and self-expression. Campers will make things like their own lip gloss, bath bombs, etc. Come pamper yourself. Golf Camp (9-12 years)
- $120/week Swing into this program with daily golf activities including practicing your drive and putting, an afternoon at the driving range, tree golf and mini putt. Halloween Howl (5-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will get to experience Halloween in the summer; they will create their own costume, mask and create some Halloween treats along with decorations for their Halloween party at the end of the week.
- Hatching Dragons (12-15 years)
- $150/week Campers discover what it is to be an entrepreneur. Campers will learn to create ideas, pitch them, plan and build the product or service, and of course, sell them! A fun camp that will help you go from dreaming to doing. This program is in partnership with the YES program at the Saint John Community Loan Fund. Hawaiian Hullabaloo Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years)
- $150/week Aloha! Join us for a week of Hawaiian festivities as we heat up this summer Hawaiian style! Bring your leis, grass skirts and Hawaiian shirts for our luau dance. Enjoy such things as the limbo rock, seashell necklaces and bracelets, a tropical fruit buffet and much more!
- Imaginarium (5-12 years)
- $120/week This camp combines science, magic and mystery. During the week we will bring imagination to life. Campers will create their own exploding volcano as their week long project along with magic tricks and “sense touch” boxes. In a Flash (7-12 years)
- $150/week Explore the exciting world of photography. Learn the secrets on how to get those great shots both posed and candid. Campers will go home with their own portfolio book of their work at the end of the week. All campers should bring a digital camera and its manual, a memory card, a USB cord for the camera (comes with your camera) and extra batteries. Cameras should be charged each evening.
- Inclusive Day Camp (5-14 years)
- $130/week Our inclusive program provides an opportunity for all children to participate in the Day Camp experience regardless of their abilities. Campers will participate with our Junior and Senior Adventure Camps with their own Camp Counsellors and participate in games, crafts, gym sports, cooperative games and more! All campers will be contacted for a meeting with the Camp Director prior to camp to ensure they get the most out of their experience based on their needs. Indiana Jones Camp (7-12 years)
- $150/week This camp will be sure to challenge your skills as you search for a different artifact each day. You’ll learn how to read a map, write in invisible ink and use a compass as you travel around the “world” chasing the elusive treasure.
- Introduction to Lakewater Canoeing (11-14 years)
- $150/week This program through Paddle Canada is very similar to the CKNB Basic Canoeing Program, however, the standards for successful completion of this certification are much higher. Participants must have successfully completed Basic Canoeing to register. Creepy Crawley Camp (7-12 years)
- $130/week Frogs, bugs, worms – oh my! Let’s have fun playing and getting dirty with creepy crawly things that make your parents cringe! Dance Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will learn all the moves in this high energy program while they build their coordination and confidence. Drama Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week This week will be filled with theatrics! Everyone will have their role to play, either on stage or off. Create a one of kind play that will be acted out on the last day of camp. Practice your favorite song, and perhaps even learn a new dance. Campers will take part in a field trip to the Imperial Theatre to see where real plays come to life.
- FIFA Soccer Camp (5-12 years)
- $120/week Join the FIFA CRAZE!! This camp teaches the fundamentals of soccer through a positive attitude. Campers will learn game tactics, and develop soccer skills in an intensive and fun learning environment. Firefighter Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years)
- $150/week In partnership with the City of Saint John Fire Department, campers will learn what it takes to be a firefighter through daily visits to the fire station or training centre and learn from SJ firefighters in hands-on classroom activities.
- Fishing Camp (9-12 years)
- $150/week Campers will get hands on experience hanging out in the stream and then take their skills to the lake for some catch and release fishing. Participants will also use special underwater video cameras and monitors to be introduced and educated in small and large underwater species. Future Picassos (5-7 years)
- $150/week Painting, drawing, sculpting, collages, jewelry and more! Get ready to bring home a masterpiece! Gilligan’s Island (7-12 years)
- $150/week You’re stranded on an imaginary island with only your wits and camp friends to depend on. What would you do? Practice lashing and building a tree bed and cooking your own meals. Learn outdoor skills and wilderness techniques, then use your imagination to make this primitive camp “island” your home away from home!
- Girls Empowered Camp (5-12 years)
- $150/week Spend the week getting empowered and ready to go back to school! Take part in activities that build confidence and self-esteem with girls your own age. There will be guest speakers and a field trip to build on these skills. Girl Power Camp Camp 1 (5-7 years) Camp 2 (8-12 years) Camp 3 (5-12 years)
- $150/week Enjoy a week with your girl friends making jewelry, enjoying a “spa” day, participating in sports, glittery arts, dancing and listening to your favorite music. This camp will motivate and encourage girls to have fun and build self-esteem.
8 9 Day Camp 2015 Junior/Senior Adventure Junior/Senior Adventure Specialty Camp Girl Power 3 Cooking Camp 2 Dance Camp 1 Dance Camp 2 Fireﬁghter Camp 1 Girl Power 2 Ball Hockey Camp 1 Ball Hockey Camp 2 Basketball Camp 2 Fireﬁghter Camp 2 Hawaiian Hullabaloo 1 Just the Guys Ball Hockey Camp 3 Myth Busters FIFA Camp Outback Camp Glitz “N” Glam Cheetah Camp Willy Wonka Camp “Mind” Craft Just the Guys In A Flash Camp Creative Kids Creative Kids Willy Wonka Camp Imaginarium Pastry Chef Camp 3 Treasure Hunters Crazy Construction Gilligan’s Island Indiana Jones Glitz “N” Glam Tarzan Camp Ball Hockey Camp 3 Trail Blazers Wet, Wild & Wacky Under the Stars Wild Backyard Creepy Crawley Trail Blazers Wet, Wild & Wacky Under the Stars Trail Blazers Wild Backyard Wet, Wild & Wacky Archery Camp Basic Canoe Camp Canoe/Kayak Camp Archery Camp Archery Camp Basic Canoe Camp Archery Camp Canoe/Kayak Camp Archery Camp Intro to Lakewater Canoe Archery Camp Ships Ahoy! Golf Camp Mountain Bike Camp Out Trip Camp Animal Adventure 2 Hatching Dragons Wilderness Adventure Climbing Rocks! Mountain Bike Camp Animal Adventure 2 Superhero Camp 2 Ships Ahoy! Babysitter Readiness Messy Masterpieces Survivor Challenge Paddleboard Camp Fishing Camp Survivor Challenge Fishing Camp Sports Galore Paddleboard Camp Nature Art Babysitter Readiness Girl Power 3 Just the Guys Art Camp Basketball Camp 3 Rockstar Camp Ball Hockey Camp 3 Movin’ N’ Groovin Ooey Gooey Camp Superhero Camp 3 The Great Cook Oﬀ! Rockstar Camp All Ball 3 Crazy Construction Animal Adventure 3 Drama Camp Wild for Water! ***Camps will run out of the YMCA at St.
Mark’s Church the week of August 17 th and 24 th instead of Barnhill School. Wilderness Explorers Art Camp Just the Guys Cooking Camp 3 Day Camp Girls Empowered! *** *** Cooking Camp 1 All Ball 1 Scrapbooking Camp Soccer Camp Around the World 2 Theatre Camp Future Picassos Basketball Camp 1 Animal Adventure 2 Hawaiian Hullabaloo 2 All Ball 2 Girl Power 1 Around the World 1 Science Camp 2 Science Camp 1 Animal Adventure 1 Pastry Chef Camp 2 Pastry Chef Camp 1 Science Concoctions Cooking without the Stove Cooking without the Stove Halloween Howl Variety Camp Beach Camp Art Camp Woodworking Camp Variety Camp Beach Camp Junior/Senior Adventure Junior Adventure Outdoor Adventure Camps Journey Camp Senior Adventure Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Inclusive Day Camp Specialty Camp Specialty Camp Youth Leadership Camp Literacy Camp Junior Adventure Senior Adventure Day Camp June 22 - June 26 June 29 - July 3 July 6 - July 10 July 13 - July 17 July 20 - July 24 July 27 - July 31 August 4 - August 7 August 10 - August 14 August 17 - August 21 August 24 - August 28 August 31 - September 4 June 22 - June 26 June 29 - July 3 July 6 - July 10 July 13 - July 17 July 20 - July 24 July 27 - July 31 August 4 - August 7 August 10 - August 14 August 17 - August 21 August 24 - August 28 August 31 - September 4 Prince Edward Square Millidgeville C.C.
Quispamsis C.C. (qplex) Bill McGuire Centre Carpenter Centre Early Learning Centre Forest Glen C.C. Barnhill School Camp Glenburn Cooking without the Stove