POPCORN SALES GUIDE
For more information visit http://www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/ If you have popcorn specific questions email email@example.com Text mccpop to 555888 for sale updates and reminders. POPCORN SALES GUIDE
2 IN 2019, the sale is about you! 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 Guide Index Online Resources Congratulations on making the choice to have your unit fund its Scouting program through the 2019 Popcorn Sale! The funds you raise can be used to cover registration fees, provide Boys’ Life subscriptions, uniforms, trips, activities, awards, day camps, summer camps, and high adventure experiences for the youth with less out-of-pocket expense for your families.
Help all of your families save their money by having 100% of your Scouts participate! This year’s popcorn sale can be the shortest, best sale EVER! It’s up to you! less products = simpler inventory!unit commission/mcc incentives improving website Unit Growth Incentives Multiple Selling Options Trails End App and Dashboard Scout Prizes and Rewards Why Sell Popcorn Product Sale Building a Successful Sale Trail’s End App Selling Methods Tips & Best Practices Popcorn Calendar Product Lineup Commission, Prizes and Incentives Unit Growth Incentive Ordering and Distribution Product Returns/Account Settlement Payment Procedures Trail’s End App Training Webinars Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 10 Page 11 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 For more information visit http://www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/ Visit Us Online at: www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019 for additional Popcorn Resources:
- Ideal Year of Scouting / Program Planning
- How To Guides on: - Look for your unit kernel - Planning your Sale - Conducting Online Sales - Using Popcorn Ordering System - Ordering Prizes
- Tracking and Inventory Management Tools
- Unit Kick-off Best Practices and Videos
- Trails End App
- Training Videos for Scouts/ Parents/ Leaders
- And much more! PRESIDENT FORD FSC WATER AND WOODS FSC SOUTHERN SHORES FSC GREAT LAKES FSC Text mccpop to 555888 for sale updates and reminders. Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE
- Turn-key unit fundraiser
- No upfront money - No Risk to Unit
- Council supported prize program
- Scouts can earn their own way in Scouting with just one fundraiser a year
- Over 73% supports local Scouting program
- High quality and best tasting products
- Multiple ways to Sell - Show and Sell, Take Order, Show and Deliver and Online Sales Why sell popcorn New for 2019 BOOKING LOCATIONS
- Start Early! Late Spring, Early Summer
- Google Analytics: High Traffic Volume
- Unique Locations: Malls, Truck Stops, etc.
- Shifts Dependent on Unit Size & Goal BUILD A TEAM
- Popcorn Kernel Team
- Shared Ideas & Effort
- Tribal Knowledge Passed Down
- Scalable SALES TRACKING
- Point of Sale Software
- Accept Credit Cards
- Individual Sales Tracking
- Real-Time Reporting
- Dashboard PARENT BUY-IN
- Personal Growth Program
- One Fundraiser Per Year
- No Dues
- Unit Culture: It’s What We Do Unit Sign Up Incentive New Scout Trails End App and Dashboard Unit Trails End App and Dashboard Unit Growth Inventives Top Seller Club Events SHOW AND SELL FOCUS
- Scalable - More Scouts, More Shifts
- One Scout Per Shift
- 8 Hour Selling Commitment
- Easy Sales Forecasting MOTIVATING SCOUTS
- Advancement Opportunities
- Scout prizes and rewards
- Accepts Credit Cards
- No fees
- Real time reporting
- Recognition for Top Seller Status
- Fun, Games, Pie Face RECRUITING
- Recruit at Show and Sells
- Train the Parents
- Distribute Flyers
- Take Contact Information
- Risk Free Sale
- No-Hassle Payment System
- Popcorn Supports Scouting
- Local Warehouse Locations
- Flexible Timeline
- Streamlined Product Line
- Affordable Products
- Exciting Prize Program
- Hometown Heroes
- Sell Online WHY POPCORN SHOULD BE YOUR ONLY FUNDRAISER Top 10 Reasons
Product Sale highlights FLEXIBLE ORDER DATES Three available Order Dates – August 10, September 14, and October 26th, 2019. You only need to order for the time you are actually selling. Take product only when you are going to sell. This can shorten the sale, leaving the Holidays free for family time. If your Scouts work hard for a just a few weeks this fall they can help provide the money necessary for great programming the rest of the Scouting year! Remember, we are not selling popcorn, we are funding adventure! CONSISTENT PRODUCT LINE UP!
Consistent with 2018 this year’s Line up; Chocolate Lovers (tin), Cheese Lovers Collection, Salted Caramel (no tin), Chocolate Caramel Crunch, Premium Caramel Corn w/nuts, Unbelievable Butter Microwave, White Cheddar (larger bag), Classic Caramel Corn, Popping Corn and two donation levels for Hometown Heroes/Military Donations! UNIT COMMISSION Each unit will receive a 34% commission.
The “NO PRIZE” option is still available and will add 3% to that commission. You will need to adjust your Trails End system to reflect your commission choice.* Online sales earn 35% commission with free shipping. MCC incentives and patches will be available for all units. MCC incentives include 3 Top Seller Patches per unit, a $750 prize, the Top Seller club and the fill-a-sheet for a Universal Studios Drawing. (To receive patches, prizes, 3% extra commission or your Unit Growth Incentive; final payment will need to be made on time!) Prize orders will need to be placed by the deadline of December 15th, 2019.
IMPROVING WEBSITE (www.trails-end.com) Watch training modules, more system updates, easier signup/access, transfers handled within the system, online sales show up in your system and are removed automatically from your invoice. TRAILS END APP AND DASHBOARD (app.trails-end.com) Track and report real-time storefront, wagon and online sales. Accepts cash, credit cards, tracks inventory and sign up storefront shifts. Credit Card processing Powered by Square, paid by Trail’s End and Michigan Crossroads Council. Free payment processing with swipe capability. If you have an existing Square it can be used as well.
- Streamlined invitations for Scout families to download app and create Trail’s End account.
- Integrated scheduling and management of storefront sites and shifts.
- Robust popcorn inventory, cash and credit card tracking for storefront sites, take order and online.
- Real-time, dashboard and downloadable reporting of sales, inventory and storefront registrations.
- Easy to understand reporting to determine your Scout’s rewards. 4 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 August 1O September 14 October 26 December 15 Keys to success
- Units should plan their Ideal Year of Scouting. Program planning is the first step for successful Scouting and for goal setting. This should take place during the summer before fall recruitment.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to find your units Popcorn Kernel! Volunteer recruitment, engagement and accountability are important in a successful sale.
- It’s important to have a little fun; be sure your unit kickoff is exciting, motivating and meaningful.
- Each unit’s plan and goal is customized to fit their needs.
Building a successful sale Visit: www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/ for more information. 1. Discuss with your Scouts and parents why your unit Sells Popcorn - Conduct youth/adult program planning and do an Ideal Year of Scouting Planning Exercise with your unit. 2. Set a Unit and Per Scout Sales Goal - Utilize the Program Planner in the ‘tool kit’ and set unit and Scout sales goals.
Units who set a goal with their Scouts sell almost twice as much. 3. Attend Training - Attend your local Field Service Council/District popcorn training. Visit www. michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019 for details. 4. Formulate a Sales Plan - Talk with your unit leadership and determine which methods of selling you would like to use.
5. Hold a FUN and EXCITING Unit Kick-off for Your Families - The meeting should explain the popcorn sale and communicate sales expectations to your parents. Build excitement with the boys through the prize and incentives program. 6. Order Popcorn - Order popcorn by August 10, September 14 and October 26, 2019 as your unit needs it throughout the popcorn sale. Order what you need, and you can return 100%** of what you don’t use up until the return deadline. Remember returns must be in full cases and will be checked by warehouse staff.
7. Manage Popcorn Inventory - Use the new Trails End App to develop a plan to track the inventory your unit has in stock.
Keep product in the hands of your Scouts to keep them selling throughout the sale. The goal is not running out of product yet not having excess left to return at the end. 8. SELL SELL SELL - Keep Scouts motivated! Do one fundraiser per year and do it well! Some ideas to keep Scouts motivated: arrange den/patrol competitions, continuously share what prizes and incentives are available at each sales level, remind parents about how the popcorn sale pays for their program, and give regular updates on your unit’s progress towards your sales goal.
9. Collect Payments from Families - Develop a plan to collect payments from your Scout families. Utilize Scout collection envelopes and train Scouts to collect fees. Set unit due dates prior to council payment dates so you have time to process before your payment is due. 10. Order Prizes and Incentives for Scouts - Recognize your Scouts for their hard work with the great prizes and incentives offered through the popcorn sale. Be sure to place your prize order on time, prize orders are due by December 15, 2019. 11. Pay Your Popcorn Bill - Make payments on your 2019 popcorn bill on specified dates throughout the sale using the Black Pug/Online Payment system.
All payments must be made as specified. Your final payment must be received by December 4, 2019. Check your invoice at any time throughout the sale on your own Trail’s End site. If you have questions contact; email@example.com.
- 12. Spend Your Earnings! - Congratulations! You’ve followed your plan and raised what your unit needed to support their program. Now recognize your Scouts by providing a fantastic Scouting program in 2019. 13. Great job and happy Scouting! Keys to success
- Program planning is the first step for successful Scouting and for goal setting. This should take place during the summer before fall recruitment.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to find your units Popcorn Kernel! Volunteer recruitment, engagement and accountability are important in a successful popcorn sale.
- It’s important to have a little fun; make sure your fall kickoff is fun, motivating and meaningful.
- Each unit’s plan and goal is customized to fit their needs.
5 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE **Please read guide for details; only full cases can be returned. December 15 December 4 August 1O September 14 October 26
- NO CREDIT CARD FEES (paid by Michigan Crossroads Council and TE) – powered by Square.
- Compatible with your Square readers.
- Automatically communicates and tracks sales for Scout Rewards.
- Dashboard Tracking from Unit Leader Portal dashboard, storefront, wagon, online. BENEFITS FOR SCOUTS:
- Every Scout can do credit card sales (sales are higher vs cash) when using app.
- Linked to online, show and sell, take order, show and deliver.
- Scout Portal Face to face and customer orders. DOWNLOAD FROM THE APPLE STORE OR THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE
7 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE Scout portal DOWNLOAD FROM THE APPLE STORE OR THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE APP.TRAILS-END.COM
8 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 unit leader portal DOWNLOAD FROM THE APPLE STORE OR THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE APP.TRAILS-END.COM
9 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE unit leader portal DOWNLOAD FROM THE APPLE STORE OR THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE APP.TRAILS-END.COM
- 10 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 Selling Methods Scouts can participate in the sale using several methods. Whatever methods your Scouts choose, you have the brand recognition of Scouting to help sell product and support the unit’s year-round programs.
- “Wagon Sales / Neighborhood Blitz” - This is the most effective sales method! Involves the Scout soliciting orders at the customer’s residence. This method is preferred for neighborhoods close to home. A large percentage of homeowners say that no Scout has ever come to their door, missing this great opportunity. Product is brought along (in wagon or vehicle), making it a quick and easy process for the customer. If the desired product is not on hand, an order can be taken and product delivered later.
- “Storefront” or “show and sell” - Involves coordinating booths in high foot traffic locations throughout your community. Begin the reservation process early (in the summer) to reserve to the best locations. Watch for SIGN UPS at some of your local retailers.
- Order Form / Take order - Scouts collecting orders on their order form. The Scout turns in the order form to the unit’s popcorn team (i.e. Unit Popcorn Kernel). The product is then ordered and delivered later. This is great for parent’s co-workers, friends and family. It is at unit’s discretion whether money is collected up front or upon delivery.
- Online Sales - Online sales are easier than ever and you make 35% commission! Scouts sell to outof-town friends and family. It also works well for tech-savvy Scouts who are familiar with social networking sites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Scouts set up their account on the Trail’s End Website (with parental approval if under the age of 13). The customer pays securely online and the product is shipped directly to them. CUSTOMERS NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING! The unit is not involved in the ordering or shipping process and receives a 35% commission from all online sales. Online products can vary throughout the season - so keep checking; www.trails-end. com/store
- Corporate Sales - Focus on companies who give out year-end or holiday gifts to employees or customers. Banks, insurance agents, car dealers, doctors, dentists and realtors are all good examples. If a company is interested and needs assistance with special ordering please contact your District Kernel or popcorn staff advisor.
PLANNING YOUR SALE IS KEY! Selling units are responsible for all information in this guide!
11 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE Popcorn Selling Tips and Best Practices Use Assistant Kernels, Den Kernels (Cub Scouts) or Patrol Kernels (Scouts BSA). This Kernel is responsible for communication and “energy” of the sale in their respective Den or Patrol. They keep track of their Scouts’ weekly sales and use that info for weekly prizes (your unit offers those!). They also check out popcorn for Show and Sells and collecting forms & money when Take Orders are due.
They balance and double check it all before giving it to the Unit Kernel.
Have a Goal. Have a Goal. Have a Goal. We can’t say this enough. Units that have a written down and expected goal sell more. Scouts who either have a goal that is given to them by the unit OR a goal they’ve selected sell MUCH more. Don’t be wimpy. Pick a substantial goal. Start at $400 ... or maybe even the $750 or Top Seller Club as a goal. Average Door-to-Door sales are $200/hour and average Show and Sells are $125/hour. With only 3-6 hours work (over a 3 month period), they could easily make that. Just think together about all of the great things you Unit could do if every Scout sold that much.
Communicate with Scouts Families every couple of weeks: check up on how they are doing, keep them informed, remind them of $750 club and other incentives, etc. Not a high pressure email, just updates and reminders. Find a Hook: make the sale fun. Have adults dress up in costume, cook and give out free hotdogs, silly signs, pictures of cub scouting events, have a good popcorn cheer, be a little silly and fun, have a “game” a customer could participate in. Decide in advance how your unit is going to divvy up sales. Either give each scout an equal share or pro-rate on a time basis. Use sign-in/sign-out sheets to track who worked, when, where, how long, etc.
The new app can do this for you!
Take Show and Sell product door-to-door also known as Wagon Sales or Show-N-Deliver. Many units create good profits using this method. If you have the product at the door, you don’t have to return to the house and the customer gets his product at point-of-sale. Have a process for checking out popcorn to families just like for Show and Sell. Have organized neighborhood canvassing or “Blitz” days where scouts and popcorn meet in a parking lot, neighborhood activity house, or nearby location with designated streets for each den, patrol, etc. Have a Unit Level Rewards that complement the rewards from Trails End.
Some ideas: gift cards for top seller or top den(s)/patrol(s), pie in the CM/SM face, free camping trip, dues refunded, special unit activity if they sell above X dollars, free pizza party for the highest selling den, etc. Find freebies at local stores such as free oil change, free massage, free day spa, etc. for the parents! Parents who are motivated will get their kids selling. Give yourself enough time to collect the money and place the order. Schedule the forms and money due to the Den Kernels or Patrol Kernels about a week before you have to place the order. The Assistant Kernels then give you what they collected several days before so you can get everything in order.
This gives everyone time for tracking down scouts who you know have sold but haven’t turned in their form, etc.
Visit the MCC Popcorn Website for More Information michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019
12 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 SHOW AND SELL Set your Show and Sell dates as early as possible: After a couple of weeks, customers will have seen the popcorn and your sales will start to drop. Time slots at businesses go fast, too. Begin to request date/times in the summer before school starts. Have enough Show and Sells opportunities for all your dens/patrols. Large units should have a minimum of 2 time slots for every den or patrol. Give priority for Show and Sell slots in the second time around to scouts who were unable to sell the first time.
Be sure to use all slots you have signed up for!
Cub Scouts only work for 2 hours. Cub Scouts tend to burn out after 2 hours in the sun (Maybe even 1 hour for Tigers?) So, if you have a 4-hour shift, then work it so that half the den sets and works for 2 hours then the other half takes over and finishes last 2 hours. If it’s hot, bring a pop-up awning. Know your location. You will need 1-2 scouts per door. Some places may have more than one entrance. Sell on the way out, not in. More than 1-2 scouts working per entrance at once is too many! Keep scouts active. Don’t let scouts sit idle during a storefront sale. It’s THEIR sale. Have them approach people leaving the store, asking specifically if they will ‘support scouting’ by buying popcorn.
It’s better to schedule shorter hours to keep the Scouts engaged. Always have them say “thank you”.
- When doing Show and Sells DO NOT BLOCK THE DOORS . not with your table or by getting between customers and the door or their car. Stay to the side. Have signs. Big smiles. Loud voices. Say “thank you,” “please,” “have a good day,” etc. General popcorn questions... Topics Like: Placing an Order Online, Product Line-up, Payment Procedures, etc.
- Visit our website at: www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019
- If there is not an answer on the website, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Specific popcorn questions... Topics Like: Local Warehousing, Local Popcorn Kernel Contact Information, District Training Information, etc.
- Visit our website at: www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019 Popcorn Selling Tips and Best Practices Text mccpop to 555888 for sale updates and reminders. Like the Michigan Crossroads Council Popcorn Facebook Page! www.facebook.com/mccpopcorn
13 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE 2019 Popcorn Calendar KEY DATES AUGUST 2019 SU M T W TH F SA SU M T W TH F SA SU M T W TH F SA SU M T W TH F SA SU M T W TH F SA 15 15 15 15 15 12 12 12 12 12 22 22 23 22 22 22 23 23 23 19 19 19 19 19 29 29 30 29 29 29 26 26 26 26 26 16 16 16 16 16 13 13 13 13 13 23 20 20 20 20 20 30 30 30 30 27 27 27 27 27 10 10 10 10 10 17 17 17 17 17 14 14 14 14 14 24 24 24 24 24 21 21 21 21 21 31 31 28 28 28 28 28 11 11 11 11 11 18 18 18 18 18 25 25 25 25 25 SEPTEMBER 2019 OCTOBER 2019 NOVEMBER 2019 DECEMBER 2019 ****You can make final payment when you make final pick up using an ‘e’ or post dated check.**** ~~~Please look at your invoice before the due date to confirm all online sales, pickups and returns are included and your commission is correct.
Also confirm any prize/incentive orders have been placed.
1st Online sales for incentives begin 10th August Order Due 22-24 ALL MCC; Popcorn Pickups. Check your email or the website for local information. 31st Labor Day Weekend 14th September Order Due 26-28 Popcorn Pickups. Check your email or the website for local information. GLFSC - your pickups are October 4th unless you register for non GLFSC warehouse. If you take product any time before September 25th - you will need to pay 25% of your total retail value by September 28th. No additional product will be distributed without this payment. Remember APP payments come off your total due and may minimize this payment.
4th GLFSC PICKUPS 25-26 FINAL RETURNS DUE 26th Oct (FINAL) Order Due If you take product any time before October 23rd - you will need to pay 25% of your total retail value by October 26th. No additional product will be distributed without this payment. Remember APP payments come off your total due and may minimize this payment. 2nd SALE ENDS!
8-9th ALL MCC; Final Popcorn Pickups. Check your email or the website for local information. 22nd Unit Growth Incentive orders due 28th Thanksgiving 30th All Top Seller incentive orders due 4th Final settlement due! 15th FINAL PRIZE ORDERS DUE! 31st **Any unit still owing will have their entire prize order removed.** 31 Payments are required throughout the sale, please see the 2019 Popcorn Guide for details. The November (Hunters Sale) orders will be handled on a one-on-one consignment basis using product left on hand at MCC. Full return and payment from regular sale needs to be made in advance of any consignment sale.
Consignment popcorn will receive a 37% commission, receive no prizes and be paid net by unit as noted on consigment form. All excess consignment product is to be returned for credit at the same time. Dates listed here will be closely adhered to, please be conscious of the dates applicable to your sale at all times. PRIZE ORDERS DUE ORDERS DUE DISTRIBUTION FINAL PAYMENT DUE
14 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 Product Lineup (ON HAND) INDIVIDUAL PACKAGE RETAIL COST INCLUDES CASE COST PRODUCT SYMBOL NOTE: FOR THE PROTECTION OF YOUR PRODUCT AND LIKELY WARM WEATHER CONDITIONS, NO CHOCOLATE PRODUCTS CAN BE SHIPPED UNTIL THE SEPTEMBER ORDER. Packaging subject to change ATTENTION: COLLECTIONS ARE PACKAGED IN SILVER FOIL PACKS WITHIN THE BOX OR TIN. This includes Chocolate Lover’s and Cheese Lover’s Chocolate Lovers (Tin) $60 $60 1:1 1:1 1:12 1:12 $30 $30 $120 $120 $10 $10 Cheese Lover’s Collection (Box) Classic Caramel Corn (Bag) Popping Corn (Bag) 17 oz. White Chocolatey Pretzels 17 oz.
Milk Chocolatey Pretzels 15 oz. Chocolatey Caramel Crunch 7 oz. Milk Chocolatey Pecan Clusters 5 oz. White Cheddar Cheese 5 oz. Jalapeno Cheddar 5 oz. Cheddar Cheese 1:12 $300 $25 Chocolatey Caramel Crunch (Bag) 18 oz. Chocolatey Caramel Crunch 1:12 $240 $20 Premium Caramel Corn (Bag) 18 oz. Premium Caramel Corn with almonds, cashews, pecans 1:6 $120 $20 18-Pack Unbelievable Butter (Box) 18 pack of Unbelievable Butter Microwave 11 oz. Classic Caramel Corn 30 oz. Popping Corn $50 Gold Hometown Heroes/ Military Donations (Blue) Popcorn will be given to Hometown Heroes and customer can receive a Smitten for Scouting Sticker.
Background is clear, color used to show details.
Popcorn will be given to Hometown Heroes and customer can receive a Smitten for Scouting Sticker. *Background is clear, color used to show details. $30 Silver Hometown Heroes/ Military Donations (Red) 1:12 $25 $300 Salted Caramel (Bag) 20 oz. Salted Caramel 1:8 $160 $20 White Cheddar (Bag) 9 oz. White Cheddar Cheese
Sales, including online from August 1, 2019 through November 2, 2019 can be included in Scout totals for prizes and incentives. Unit Growth Incentives must be submitted by November 22, 2019 **Patches and all Michigan Crossroads Council sponsored incentives are available to units that choose the cash option.** INCENTIVES: $1,200 Top Seller - Sales at $1200 earn access to additional incentives.
Look for details on these events being presented by your Field Service Council. Sign up through a link available at www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019 before the deadline of November 30, 2019. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS - Each filled order sheet will be used as a ticket into a drawing for a Universal Studios Package. App and online sales count! Each transaction can be added as a line item towards the Scout’s sale. Completed filled order forms/online tracking must be received on or before November 30, 2019. Donations to the unit, partial Hometown Heroes donations. *Forms must include Scout’s first and last name, unit type (Pack or Troop or Crew) and number, district name and total sales value.
Find the forms at www.michiganscouting.org/ popcorn2019. Please watch the michiganscouting.org website for the link to submit. $750 PRIZE - Be sure you enter your $750 sellers for their incentive on the unit prize order before the deadline of November 30, 2019 (see below) $2,500 TRAILS END SCHOLARSHIP - Scouts who sell at least $2,500 (online, face-to-face, or combination) in any calendar year will have 6% of their Qualified Product Sales count towards their own Trail’s End Scholarship*. Once enrolled, 6% of their sales each year will go towards the scholarship. Scouts only have to hit the $2,500 minimum one time, and don’t forget online sales count!
Reporting of sales is not automatic, and forms must be submitted to Trail’s End each year following these guidelines; Completed scholarship form, copy of each paper order form, tracking for any show and sells, show and delivers, online sales, app sales to be submitted to; michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/scholarship. MCC popcorn customer service will sign and send to Trails End. All additional Scout prizes/incentive orders need to be placed to National supply through your unit's Trails End site by November 30, 2019.** We cannot guarantee fulfillment if not placed by this date. Please see calendar for details.
Any prize/incentive order (including patches) will be held due to non-payment will be completely removed from the system as of December 31, 2019. There will be no additional opportunity to get prizes/awards or patches. Any removed prize order will get a 3% credit applied to the invoice. Any amount still due will be turned over to collection for non-payment.
15 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE COMMISSION STRUCTURE Prizes & Incentives Base Commission PLUS prizes and MCC Incentives. Additional if your unit does not order prizes MCC Incentives are still included! Reset your commission in TE system Commission on all online sales - online sales can be included in totals for Scout prizes. 34% 3% 35% November 30 November 30 November 30 November 30 December 31 November 1 November 22
16 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 Unit Growth Incentive INCREASE SALES BY $2,500 (Over 2018 Sales) CHOOSE ONE PINEWOOD DERBY KIT (2) Participation Ribbons (10/pack) (1) Pinewood Derby Poster Set (1) Pinewood Decoration Kit (1) Caution Tape (1) Pennants (25) Pinewood Derby Cars (4) Pinewood Trophy - Small (4) Pinewood Trophy - Medium (4) Pinewood Trophy - Large PACK OR TROOP CAMPING KIT (1) Two-Burner Camp Chef Stove (1) Five Piece All-Purpose Chef Kit (1) Six Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set $200 SCOUT SHOP GIFT CARD $200 LIGHTS & MORE KIT (1) Coleman Twin LED Lanterns (1) Coleman 70qt Cooler (1) Igloo 5 gallon Beverage Cooler (1) Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven Units must be paid in full and have submitted their Unit Growth Incentive Order by November 22, 2019.
Incentives cannot be stacked. Example; if your unit sells $5,000 over last years total, you have earned (1)$5,000 UGI or (2)$2,500
17 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE Unit Growth Incentive INCREASE SALES BY $5,000 (Over 2018 Sales) CHOOSE ONE PINEWOOD DERBY KIT (4) Participation Ribbons (10/pack) (2) Pinewood Derby Poster Set (2) Pinewood Decoration Kit (2) Caution Tape (2) Pennants (50) Pinewood Derby Cars (8) Pinewood Trophy - Small (8) Pinewood Trophy - Medium (8) Pinewood Trophy - Large PACK OR TROOP CAMPING KIT (2) Two-Burner Camp Chef Stove (1) Five Piece All-Purpose Chef Kit (1) Flat Top Griddle (1) Six Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set $400 SCOUT SHOP GIFT CARD $400 LIGHTS & MORE KIT (3) Coleman Twin LED Lanterns (1) Coleman 70qt Cooler (2) Igloo 5 gallon Beverage Cooler (2) Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven Units must be paid in full and have submitted their Unit Growth Incentive Order by November 22, 2019.
Incentives cannot be stacked. Example; if your unit sells $5,000 over last years total, you have earned (1)$5,000 UGI or (2)$2,500
18 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 INCREASE SALES BY $7,500 (Over 2018 Sales) CHOOSE ONE PINEWOOD DERBY KIT (6) Participation Ribbons (10/pack) (2) Pinewood Derby Poster Set (3) Pinewood Decoration Kit (2) Caution Tape (4) Pennants (75) Pinewood Derby Cars (12) Pinewood Trophy - Small (12) Pinewood Trophy - Medium (12) Pinewood Trophy - Large $600 SCOUT SHOP GIFT CARD $600 PACK OR TROOP CAMPING KIT (2) Two-Burner Camp Chef Stove (2) Five Piece All-Purpose Chef Kit (1) Flat Top Griddle (2) Six Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set Unit Growth Incentive LIGHTS & MORE KIT (6) Coleman Twin LED Lanterns (2) Coleman 70qt Cooler (3) Igloo 5 gallon Beverage Cooler (2) Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven Units must be paid in full and have submitted their Unit Growth Incentive Order by November 22, 2019.
Incentives cannot be stacked. Example; if your unit sells $5,000 over last years total, you have earned (1)$5,000 UGI or (2)$2,500 BSA BRANDED CANOPY
- Please confirm your username and password well BEFORE the due date.
- There are three available dates to place orders in the Trails End site Go to; http://scouting.trails-end.com to place your order by these specified due dates.
- Double check your order before submission.
- Units have the ability to order on August 10, September 14, and October 26 - use the plan that fits your unit the best. If your unit does not meet until after school starts, the September pickup is probably the earliest you want to get product!
- Remember a 25% payment will be due in September (for August and earlier September orders) and October (for any late September or earlier October orders) for any orders filled before the late September pickup. NOTE: There will be no additional products distributed until payment is received as laid out on the Payment Procedures page and calendar.
- Only take product if you are going to sell before the next order date.
- Chocolate products are not available until the September order. Need help? Email email@example.com SPECIFIC FSC INFORMATION INCLUDING CONTACT NAMES AND NUMBERS, WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS, TIMES, DATES ARE AVAILABLE HERE: www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/ OR FROM YOUR LOCAL OFFICE OR PROFESSIONAL.
- If your warehouse takes appointments, be sure to sign up in advance and be timely with your pickups. Distribution locations are manned by volunteers and available staff statewide. To make sorting and distribution days as smooth as possible, please consider helping in your local warehouse.
- Deliveries to council take place in August, September and November. Please check www.michiganscouting. org/popcorn2019 for the warehouse locations and times near you. Note: PLEASE double check your packing slip BEFORE signing! Once signed, you are responsible for the debt incurred. Please see program calendar for order dates and www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019 For more information visit http://www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/ ORDER POPCORN: TRAILS-END.COM/LOGIN August 1O September 14 October 26
20 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019 Product Returns & account settlement 100% of your product can be returned! Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org VIEW YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE: TRAILS-END.COM/LOGIN PRODUCT RETURNS: Final returns are due to our warehouse by Friday, October 25, 2019. In September and October whenever the warehouse is open for pickups, it MAY also be open for returns. Help us help you, if you see you have excess product PLEASE keep us informed. If you let your district kernel, unit serving executive or FSC staff advisor know—they can help you get that product into someone else’s hands and OFF YOUR INVOICE! The app can help you track inventory too!See dates and times in your area; www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/. Council Policy on Product Returns:
- 100% of the product a unit orders can be returned to the council (in full cases, correct product) until the final return date of Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Please respect your fellow volunteers, do not falsify your return. Product is re-distributed, discrepancies cause other volunteers extra time and effort when you reseal a case or put incorrect product in it.
- Product returned in full cases may be opened and examined by warehouse staff to verify contents are identical, undamaged and salable.
- The council reserves the right to refuse damaged, melted, or defaced packaging, product or cases. Returned product must be in full cases and cannot be defaced in any way (e.g. written on, labeled, stickers, etc.)
- All returned cases must be in a fully salable condition.
- Warehouse staff will writeup a return form and sign, giving a copy to the unit. Unit and warehouse staff will sign the return form AFTER CONFIRMING ACCURACY. Please double check for accuracy BEFORE SIGNING.
- Remember you can always look at the ‘post order adjustments’ to see any activity that has taken place on your orders. You can also print your invoice ‘with adjustments’ showing.
- No product will be accepted for return after Friday, October 25, 2019 - no exceptions. Account/Product Settlement: To review your invoice for accuracy go to: http://scouting.trails-end.com/ *Please check the system within three business days of a return, pickup or change to confirm it has been accounted for properly. It is up to the unit to confirm dollars owed prior to the due dates. After contacting us, please check the system again for confirmation the changes were made. If you see any discrepancies please contact; email@example.com, your District Kernel, Unit Serving Executive or FSC Staff Advisor immediately to rectify. Please do so before your payment is due.
- Remember you can look at the ‘post order adjustments’ to see any activity that has taken place on your orders by printing your invoice ‘with adjustments’ or going to reporting in your Trails End system and pulling your ‘post order adjustments’.
- Adjustments should be made within three business days of a physical transaction. If you see any discrepancies, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org or your FSC Staff Advisor. (listed in the contact guide)
- Account/Product settlement – always review your invoice before paying. Unit to Unit transfers Unit to Unit Transfers are again available in the Trails End system. When you transfer product to another unit remember that product will not be moved from your unit to the ‘buyer’ until they have approved the transfer. October 25
21 6/18/2019 | 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE Payment Procedures MAKE YOUR POPCORN PAYMENT ONLINE AT http://www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/ Personal checks, Credit card payments, multiple checks from your customers, or checks made payable to a unit cannot be accepted as payment for a unit’s popcorn bill.
Prize and incentive orders will not be released for shipment until the unit’s invoice is paid in full and processed by the council. Final Settlement: When the sale is complete, units keep their commission and pay the ‘Balance Due Council’ on invoice. This keeps the money in the unit account for use in providing program for the scouts. It is up to the unit to confirm dollars owed on the invoice prior to the due dates.
Unit Payment Due Dates: It is the unit’s responsibility to access their invoice through; http://scouting.trails-end. com and pay at the intervals noted below using the Black Pug system. Before accessing Black Pug please have available; FSC, District, Unit Type (Pack,Troop etc), Unit Number, Routing Number and Account Number. Check for accuracy and pay at; www.michiganscouting.org/popcorn2019/payments to access Black Pug for payment. Notes: We are encouraging payment processing through Black Pug. This process was highly successful last year and will permit the unit to pay online and alleviate carrying checks to the office or warehouse.
- Option also available to pay by check: Checks can also be brought to a local FSC office to be received on or before the dates below. Be sure when you go to the warehouse, you bring a copy of your invoice and receipt. Remember that you cannot pickup additional product unless total dollar amounts due are paid.
- September pickups - Units that take product through September 25, 2019 will need to make a payment equal to or above 25% of their Total Retail Value on or before September 28th. This should include an interim pickups.
- October returns - All returns are due by October 26th. Units that take product through October 23, 2019 will need to make a payment equal to or above 25% of their Total Retail Value on or before October 26th. This should include any interim pickups.
- November pickups - You can make a partial or final payment when you pick up in early November. Please be sure to audit your invoice before paying. Prizes will not be released without full payment.
- Final payments are due on or before December 4, 2019.
- We are encouraging payment processing through Black Pug (https://scoutingevent.com/272- 2019PopcornPayment) that will permit the unit to pay online and alleviate carrying checks to the office or warehouse. (Much like payments made for camping and other MCC/FSC events.)
- Option also available for paying by; bringing an office receipt to the warehouse OR bringing a check to the warehouse AND submitting a post dated check at final delivery.
- Units that cosign product for a later November sale will follow the payment plan as laid out in that agreement with your FSC Staff Advisor.
September 25 October 26 December 4
trail’s end app training webinars for unit leaders Save time with the new trail’s end app Thursdays (June 20 through September 12) 6:30PM & 9:30PM EST Saturday, June 22nd 12:00PM EST Saturday, July 20th 12:00PM EST Saturday, August 24th 12:00PM EST Text APP to 62771 to get the link to download. The app for Scouts to track and report real-time storefront, wagon and online sales, accept cash and credit cards, track inventory by Scout and storefront, and sign up for storefront shifts. For more information and to register visit https://app.trails-end.com/unit-training/ 22 2019 POPCORN SALES GUIDE | 6/18/2019